It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:25 pm 
I am posting this in complete shock at comments i just read at medhelp.org People who speak with no education about suboxone and they literally talk about it like it is poison. This bothers me beyond belief!! I will never go to that site ever again. I see this statement more times than i can count but, suboxone saved my life in every aspect possible. Im not really sure what im expecting from posting this. Well, i guess i just wanted too bring attention to the fact that their are way too many uninformed/uneducated people on the topic of suboxone. Im not even gonna quote or speak of exactly what these people say but it is just plain rediculous. I am 10 months and 21 days clean because of suboxone treatment and a little work of my own. I dont know what its gonna take for people too realize how many lives suboxone saves and how many lives it could save if people would stop critisizing it and giving it such a horrible name. I will admit, i have known it too have a bad name but never did i ever expect too see the comments i saw in other forums about suboxone. I mean, pretty much every person in the forum was opiate addicted. Just think, if all these people had CORRECT information about suboxone and didnt catch hell for using suboxone, it could make an even bigger change in the world of opiate addiction. Sorry for venting all my frustration out in here. I am very thankful too have this forum too come to every day. Its great too have a place too come and talk about recovery without critisizm. Have a great day being clean!! ~PEACE~

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:36 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Well I would like to know what they said because I have looked ALL OVER the place for negative information and I can't seem to find it anywhere. Dr. Junig said he created this forum in part to have a place where accurate information could be shared. But I just don't see this negative information anywhere. I am sure things have changed over time the more people take it, prescribe it, get off of it, etc. But what ridiculous rumors are out there?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:12 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

There are many websites out there that knock suboxone. One is something like "subsux.com", and one is a pharmacist blog. I'm sure I could find others, but those are the two I recall off the top. Jackcrack is right, this forum was meant to be informative and not to debate the pros and cons - because there are so many other websites that already do. Don't misunderstand, I'm not saying your post shouldn't be on this site, not at all. You might want to look at the topic "Why the anger" for more posts like yours.

I would say many addicts blame all of their problems on Suboxone instead of their years of using. I guess it's just easier for them this way.

I'm curious, what kind of site is medhelp? Is it like webmd or more like a blog? I must say, if it's more of a blog, I'm not surprised in the least at what you've found. And yes, it's frustrating that so many people - both doctors and patients are so terribly uneducated about Suboxone. I'll check out that site later and post again.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:22 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

hatmaker

Where is the pharmacists blog that knocks it? I've never seen that one.

subsux jerks come in here occasionally and muck things up, so hatmaker be on the lookout for them. Misery loves company. DOAQ did some research and discovered one was using heroin to wean off Suboxone! HAHAHA!

I think the anger has a lot to do with the fact that they are addicts and the guilt associated with that is pretty high as you may well know.

Take a look at Dr. Junig's channel on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/user/SuboxDoc and read some of the comments. One time as a joke I said "When I stopped Suboxone, my dick fell off, my eyes bled and I didn't sleep for a year" or some silly thing to lighten the mood. I feel bad for him in that he honestly spends his free time trying to help others and they just crap all over him because he is a 'greedy doctor'. If he was a greedy doctor, he would treat with agonists because there are no limits, or have a cattle farm like my primary doctor has, where I get my whole 3 minutes with him if I am lucky... Well, not anymore because he is so concerned about money he won't see my uninsured a$$ even though I pay ca$h. Go figure!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:44 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

THe one thing ive read many times about suboxone is all your doing is tradeing one drug for another. an when i read that it makes me so mad cause if you took 160 mgs of oxy a day for years u def would not be saying that. Suboxone has saved my life in ways it would take to long to type but u r so right peps need to look into sub more b4 bad mouthing it cause like myself their are so many people this drug has saved!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:47 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

yea man i checked out that subsux site and had to get off it within 5 mins before smoke started rolling out my ears. all i can say is that is some uneducated, self-absorbed, unhealthy, miserable group of ppl that post on there. unfortunately there is some unjustified stigma with suboxone we all have to put up with. i was lucky enough to find an awesome doctor and counselor and even a decent pharmacy so i dont have to put up with that bullshit much. there were some times before i got settled in with my routine here when ppl would try to talk down to me about it, but theres nothin i love more than tearing someone off their high horse.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:28 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Well I had to go check out the sub sux site and have to say there certainly was a lot of misinformation on there. Also, what I thought was just hilarious was how bad they claim withdrawals to be and then I read this guys thread who quit off 1mg. The worst thing he had to complain about was sneezing, RLS, and bathroom issues. By week six he was going on trips with friends, no longer felt he needed an antidepressant, posts were positive, and he even said he didn't have it all that bad.

I suppose it is all how you want to look at things. I mean you could complain that you sneezed for 5 weeks straight, OR you could be grateful you got through withdrawal without vomitting your brains out daily and without missing a day of work.

I also found it hilarious that people are over there tapering and getting off of it with relatively few problems but don't seem to acknowledge that they CAN do it. Hmmmmmm...couldn't do it off oxycontin....CAN off sub. Not to complicated to realize that AT LEAST YOU CAN GET OFF IT WHEN YOU WANT TO. I never could have made it more than 4-5 days off oxy and believe me...I tried. Repeatedly.

My glass is half full :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:53 am 
Sorry if i posted this in the wrong place. I just posted it in the "Misc section". I wasnt saying this forum was negative. I was saying that "medhelp.org has a lot of rediculous post about suboxone. I am definitely not debating the pros and cons of suboxone. I was just stating that i found it so crazy that people were saying things about suboxone that made no sense and were completely wrong. I love this forum. I just posted it too bring attention too the fact that people are downing suboxone very badly on other forums. Not this one. Anyways, i just read in the misc section something and realized that i did post this in the wrong place. Again, im sorry for that. ~PEACE~

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:03 am 
When i said, i see this comment more times than i can count, suboxone save my life. I meant that, i know everybody hears this a lot but, suboxone saved MY LIFE. I wasnt degrading that statement. I was supporting it in saying that suboxone saved my life and that i dont understand how these people could say such horrible things about it in OTHER forums. I worded some of the post completely wrong. Sorry. Trust me, i absolutely love this forum!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:14 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Lifesaver,

You have no reason to apologize! If my words sounded that way, that's on me. I don't think anyone thought you were putting this site down. We're agreeing with you! Really, it's all good, lifesaver.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:39 am 
Thanks for the reply!! :D I tend to take things the wrong way a lot of times. Its something i am working on. Have a great day being clean!! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:46 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

jamez70......thanks for putting that link up there for dr.j on you tube.I am very new to computers so I don't really know all that is out there or even how to get there :lol: . lol anyways thanx it was a good thing to watch :wink: