It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:44 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Hey guys!!! I am VERY interested in the liquid taper method.. I have a bit of ways to go because I have just recently tapered down to 2.50 mgs. But I only have films and my dr. did away with prescribing the pills. Am I able to use the films while doing this does anyone know or has anyone ever tried it? I can cut my film down to 1 mg but that is it... Thanks :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:48 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Have you considered having your doctor switch you over to the 2mg films? They are MUCH easier to cut into smaller doses.

I don't have any experience using the liquid taper...maybe someone else will answer that shortly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 10:23 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hey Brighter Days, I saw that you posted in a couple of threads about tapering and not knowing how to cut such small doses. I had this same problem too and couldn't find the answers I needed, so I created a website to help inform people how to cut their films. There is information on there about cutting films and the doses you can get down to. I have a cutting guide available for purchase, but their are free downloads as well as free instructions on how to get down to .063mg with 8mg films and .015mg with 2mg films. You can google Rx Film Cutting Guide to find the site. I don't mean to solicite you, but I see you're looking for answers and hoping I can help.

-RXFCG

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 10:30 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Thanks for the reply! I may need to do that.. I am having the hardest time with cutting mine and not knowing exactly what my actual dose is.. But I will always go for the smallest piece so even though I think I am at 2.50 I could possibly be a bit lower than that. I like that alot better than going up. I am very interested in this cutting guide. I may have to download it as soon as I get to the point where i need to cut my film... I really do not want to go back to my dr. mostly because it is so expensive so I am kinda stuck with 8 mg films.. I wonder if .063 would be a good jumping point? What do you think? Do you have to use a certain knife because I use scissors and it's not doing so well. Thank you so much for letting me know! I was really hoping to do the liquid taper because I thought I could actually get lower. My films just melt right up so I wouldn't think you could use a film and I don't want to take a chance and waste one so I thought I would see if anyone knew here. Thanks again!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 11:28 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Yeah I have a lot of 8mg films as well and I plan on using them until I get down to 1mg, even though I could go smaller with them. Luckily, my new doctor was able to prescribe me 2mg films as well, so when I get below 1mg I will use those until I jump. I think .063mg is a good jumping point, and its acheivable with the 8mg films. I've heard that it's good to stagger days of taking doses when you're about to jump so the suboxone levels in your body will be even lower. I'm planning on jumping at .015mg if I can make it that long!

I've tried scissors, but those can be difficult with small doses. So I've resorted to a flat razor blade and set my films on a hard flat surface and push down firmly to cut my films. I've never heard of the liquid taper for the films, but maybe it's possible?

-RXFCG