It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:37 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I started the strips about 2 months ago! About a week or so I got thrush and took fluconazole and symptoms stopped for about a week then the symptoms started again took another one of the fluconazole symptoms stopped for couple days then came back even worse so doctor give me nystatin mouth wash and 14 of the fluconazole pills about three days after last pill it come back really bad which was 2days ago so went to er and they did blood work urine test and couldn't find any reason for me to have it but the mouth swab showed up yeast so it has to be the suboxne strips cause I have never had it before and have always went to dentist twice a year for cleanings and only had one cavity my hole life I just don't know what to do cause they have really helped me leave the pain meds and I don't feel that I can quit the suboxne right now and not go back to what I was doing And the er gave me 22 of the fluconazole pills and more mouth wash so I only have about 2 weeks before the meds are gone and I don't have any mouth sores just thrush only so far

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:11 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Wild

I am sorry you are having a reaction (possibly ) to the sub strips. Have you considered switching to Zubsolv.? I use to take the sub strips too and my insurance stopped paying for them so I was switched to Zubsolv.

Let me tell you it tastes 100 times better than the orange strip and it is smaller like a tiny pill and it has a menthol flavor.

So glad I switched to this because the taste in my mouth is better which gives me better confidence than that orange taste that I really couldn't stand.

YOur doctor shouldn't have a problem switching you to Zubsolv, plus it is cheaper and the absorprtion rate between that pill and sub strips are about the same.
So you might want to switch out and then see if you still get thrush. Good Luck!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:12 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

My doctor want give anything besides the strips I don't know why but feel they think I am beneath them because I need help I just need to make it about another 6 weeks and I think I can stop I know that I am not no where near where I need to be mentally just feel I have no choice unless I can figure out some way for the strips to not do that to me but I did see where somebody said to dissolve it in a little water and drink it but I don't know if that would work or if I would even be able to tell if I took it

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:34 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi wild1,

I think what you are referring to is something fairly common in suboxone patients. It can make the underside of your tounge kind of raw, and have some little tiny blister/bumps going on. It is quite painfull and makes it almost impossible to keep the strip in the proper area without alot of pain. The best thing I have heard to help this heal is to rotate your administration sites. Say, if your tongue is what is sore, switch to putting the film strip in between your cheek and gum line for a few days. You can kind of rotate the administration sites in this manner and still have great absorption. Or...if you can just tough it out for a few more weeks it tends to build up a tolerance to the meds and will quit being so painful fairly soon. I dealt with this in my first couple months of treatment, and it eventually went away. I havent had another issue since.

Good luck wild...I would hate to see this little bit of inconvenience you are experiencing right now keep you from staying in a program.

Q

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:43 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I have no sore places under my tongue or anywhere except the top of my tongue near my throat and it is little white places and I even went to er where they tested it and it came back as yeast so it is defiantly thrush I have never had it before and I thought that it could have been where I quit the pain meds and my immune system might have been weak until it would go away while I was taking the fluconazole and then come right back as soon as I finsh them I just went and got some vitiam b- c- d and magnesium and probiotics and candidase to try and get my body to fight this off but I am sure that somebody has had this happen and has the answer but I have done everything I know to do and this is my last hope so if anybody reading this if it ain't happened to you will you please ask your doctor and see if they know why I only have 2 weeks worth of the fluconazole left then I don't know what I am gonna do if the vitiams don't work or I can't figure out what's making this happen and I also had blood work and urine test for bacteria and they where negative Thank you for your response

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:55 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Wild,

I have never tried dissolving the strips in liquid and doing it that way, however, there are many sections about that online and some in this blog, I believe.

What did your doctor say when you told him you were getting thrush on your tongue, did you ask for Zubsolv.?

I love it because it is only 5.7 mg and your body absorbs it better than the 8mg subs so you don't need as mush.

I know that it is fairly new so your Doc may not know a whole lot about it. But I would do some research about other ways to take the sub strips, if your doc won't prescribe anything else.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:09 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Don't want to make anybody look bad but my doctor gives you 4 minutes and that's it I don't care if he is in the middle of telling you something he will say remind me and I will tell you the rest next time but he want do anything but strips cause I think he don't want to take time to talk about anything else and he says he ain't never heard of it but I don't think he really cares or he would take time to help people I was just scared to dissolve it in water and drink it but I am willing to try anything to make this work

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:05 pm 

Hey Wild1,
Ive tried the liquid method before. I was doing to to save more of my script two years ago.
If worked. And i was able to lower my dose this way. I since gone back to the proper way
or normal way...

First off, DONT NOT DRINK IT DOWN.big no no. You want the sub to lie in your mouth with the tiny
amount of water.
I have to say doing this for a time gave me addict behavior feelings. Although in your case
this is not .imo.
This method has been used mostly for people tapering off in the lowest of dose range.

It can be done Wild, the thing is im not sure this would help you. The sub film, even though melted down
is still Suboxone. You would be thining out the medicine and you would need to keep it in your mouth just as loug.

Talking to your Dr andca switch to Zubslov may be your best bet though Wild..You have 4 mins with him?,use it..

Just my 2 cents..
Razor....

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:10 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I found the answer if suboxne strips is giving you thrush you need a yeast probiotic and a prebiotic and vitiams b,c,d and magnesium and it will stop it at least it did for me Thanks

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:29 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Wild1,

Thank you for coming back to update us on your findings.

I'm still not convinced it was the suboxone that caused this. I've never heard anything like it before. Did a doctor actually tell you that the suboxone caused it?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:24 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Yes and I promise you it was the suboxne strips that was doing it cause I could not figure anything out and everybody was almost acting like I was just trying to put the suboxne in a bad light or something and that was far from the truth it has saved me and my family most of all and that's why I asked everybody that I could think of how to fix it and couldn't get the answer in time so I had to go back to the meds which bout killed me to do but I couldn't let my mouth go another day like that and I guess the lord seen I really needed this and I went with my wife for her yearly exam and I mentioned it to her and told her what it had been doing and that it was almost all the way gone where I had stopped and went back to the meds and she is the one that told me how to fix it Just because people don't hear of it that often they just dismiss it and that's why I had to go through all the crap I did trying to make a way for me to save my family the suboxne is the best thing that has happened to me in a long time and it makes me feel great to think that I might have saved somebody from leaving it and going back to what they was doing but my time on here is done I gave you the answer on how to treat it thank you for your time but I promise you that's what caused it so please don't just dismiss what somebody is telling you just cause you haven't heard of it before thanks and take care

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:30 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thank the lord for guynacoligst who would have ever thought that's where I would find the answer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:24 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Wild 1 wrote:
Just because people don't hear of it that often they just dismiss it and that's why I had to go through all the crap I did trying to make a way for me to save my family the suboxne is the best thing that has happened to me in a long time and it makes me feel great to think that I might have saved somebody from leaving it and going back to what they was doing but my time on here is done I gave you the answer on how to treat it thank you for your time but I promise you that's what caused it so please don't just dismiss what somebody is telling you just cause you haven't heard of it before thanks and take care

Whoa there, wild1....

I wasn't saying you were wrong or that you were trying to put suboxone in a bad light. I simply asked if you knew for sure that suboxone caused it. If you remember, I also thanked you for coming back and posting about what helped you get through it.

No need to be so defensive. I come in peace. :D