It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:43 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

They say it's always best to kill someone with kindness. Some of you have actually attempted to soften the blows and rapid firing squad energy directed at my mispellings and personal unique experiences about 'half-life's."

The attacker has maintained his or her tone, and frankly I don't sense any humility or compassion in their post.

And for revealing a list my C.V. to this crowd, No. Thats why I am here, because it's anonymous, and I have a patient base that I do not wish to share this with. So I decline on the credential investigation. That's not while im here. And if you're dissappointed at that, I suggest you find a good white supremist group where you can investigate the ethnicities of individuals and their background to your satisfaction. But I will not be harassed or ordered to justify my medical degrees, experiences, etc.

And no I am not A Dentist or a Chiro BTW. But if I was, they should be considered as part of the medical community and accepted.

And Doctors have the worse handwriting ever. If you are on, or have worked with one, notation is not always their strong suit. And this is not a narrative report or court trial, so I mispell words often it seems.

I will ignore the poisinous rage and nastiness--you know who you are. It's obvious.

And for everyone else. Thank You. You actually made me feel a little more welcomed here.

And BTW, I am free of the stone as per CT SPIRAL SCAN, and the KIDNEYS do not have ANY HYDRONEPHROSIS. Since I am really a plumber, did I spell that right ? LOL. Ridiculousness.

I am down to 4mg of the subutex and tapering down to 2mg, with no surgery no necessary.

I am then going to do the 10% monthly taper, as suggested on this site, and go to a compounding pharmacy.

I will start at 2, then 1.8mg ,etc. They can make them into lozenges. Pretty cool I think ?

I figure it will take 20 months to get down from 2mg to .23mg, with a 10% reduction every 4 weeks.

I think this is a fantastic way to go. Slow, but hopefully less painful than the traditional quick taper.

Thank you all for your kind wishes, and to those of you who are mean-spirited souls that are only interested in my CV, find another hobby. There are way more important things to learn about that are really much more interesting than my internships, residencies, etc.

And let's not discuss my 'medical' degree anymore. It just seems to cause conflict and irritation among the haters on here, of which there are still a few, as per the posts before this. It's clear as day.

But I am excitied about getting of the sub after almost 4 years being on it. From Tramadol to subutex....that was overkill...I had no idea the devil I was dancing with until I needed a potential surgery, which I do not need.

I healed myself through natural means, and prayer.

Never understimate faith.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:58 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Your plan to taper low and slow is a good, solid one. Rapid tapers are or shouldn't be the norm - not with this medication. The way you are planning on doing it will not only likely reduce your acute withdrawals, but probably also PAWS.

Good luck!

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:52 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Mantary99,

You seem to be on the right track with your taper :D Keep up the good work :!: :D

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:33 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

mantaray999 wrote:

I suggest you find a good white supremist group where you can investigate the ethnicities of individuals and their background to your satisfaction..

One last thing. I am of African American and Portuguese decent. And I don't know who this was directed at, but it's offensive and ignorant.

Post subject: Anger
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:35 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Your inclination seems to be drawn to all the topics that do not relate to the core issue here...tapering off subtex. The comment was directed at the harrassment, scrutiny, and ugliness and almost dire desperation to determine my credentials.

Everybody on this forum seems to have moved passed this, and we have all kissed and made up.

I suggest you move on and let go as well.

Your pit bull lock-jaw bite on the negativity dominates all your posts. It would be nice to have constructive and positive support rather than a barrage of attacks constantly.

This thread's energy is exhaustive to all that have read it, And it's truly time to move on, without anymore bitterness and sarcasm that seems to be a huge part of many posts. This is not helpful or what this forum is about i sense.

Thats why i gave thanks to the nice warm and fuzzy compassionate souls here that care, which are mostly everyone....

But there's always one sour apple in the bunch I suppose.

BTW you have no idea what my ethnicity is. But you already are convinced i am not a doctor.

I hope you can sleep at night without my full docier and credentials.

They only matter to my patients, family, and friends, and should have no bearing on this forum.

Almost all your comments were and are offensive.

Lets move on.

Post subject: Re: Anger
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:17 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

mantaray999 wrote:
Your inclination seems to be drawn to all the topics that do not relate to the core issue here...tapering off subtex. The comment was directed at the harrassment, scrutiny, and ugliness and almost dire desperation to determine my credentials.

Everybody on this forum seems to have moved passed this, and we have all kissed and made up.

I suggest you move on and let go as well.

Your pit bull lock-jaw bite on the negativity dominates all your posts. It would be nice to have constructive and positive support rather than a barrage of attacks constantly.

This thread's energy is exhaustive to all that have read it, And it's truly time to move on, without anymore bitterness and sarcasm that seems to be a huge part of many posts. This is not helpful or what this forum is about i sense.

Thats why i gave thanks to the nice warm and fuzzy compassionate souls here that care, which are mostly everyone....

But there's always one sour apple in the bunch I suppose.

BTW you have no idea what my ethnicity is. But you already are convinced i am not a doctor.

I hope you can sleep at night without my full docier and credentials.

They only matter to my patients, family, and friends, and should have no bearing on this forum.

Almost all your comments were and are offensive.

Lets move on.

You talk a bunch. Either way, good luck with whatever it is you are doing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:52 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Wow, seeing this thread again sure brings back memories. I wonder whatever happened to the "good doctor"? :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:33 pm 
Ive never even seen this thread but just reading that quoted post reeks of someone trying way to hard to impersonate being a doctor.

Post subject: WHOA
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:25 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I second the WOW. Whoever you are Mr. or Ms. mantaray999, your posts seem: how do I put this, a little like someone suffering from Multiple Personality Disorder, or as it is now officially termed medically, Dissociative Identity Disorder. I have never known a Doctor to make so many mistakes with medical terminology and the spelling we all understand, but the grammar in some posts is just terrible compared to others. No Graduate of any high Degree would write so poorly, it is simply out of character, as they would have never made it through school.
ANYWAY...I was posting to say I had a C-Section the same day I took a dose of Subutex-8mg. The doctors continued to dose me with subutex, 8 mgs and Dilaudid. This is ridiculous... I didn't take the Subutex, as they would just further counter-act the pain meds. I know I was on a ton, eventually a drip w/a button to control when I needed a dose. I have had IV Dilaudid without Subutex and it, in my opinion, was stronger then IV heroin. Now, they were giving me mega doses of it, I wasn't taking my subutex, and I felt barely anything. When we left after 4 days, I felt so bad I started taking the Subutex again. They gave me Dilaudid pills to take home which I didn't take, because they were trying to lower my dose the last two days and withdraw plus the pain of C-section was too much to take. I thought the pain meds would help with the sub withdraw and I could go home clean and happy, but I guess I didn't give it enough time. That's just what happened to me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:49 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hi Katie-- I don't intend to pick on you-- just pulling something from your comments that I have read often- 'i thought the pain meds would lessen the withdrawal from sub'-

You are accurate-- pain meds would lessen that withdrawal. But when you think about the big picture (I'm assuming you started sub because you, like all of us, were unable to stop pain meds) you can see the problem with that approach. Again, this is by no means something that is unique to you-- I see this all the time. I've even received e-mails asking if I thought it was a good idea to use 'just a little heroin' to reduce the withdrawal from buprenorphine!

Anyway... for people wondering about pain and surgery, please read this article, and print it out for your doctor:

www.suboxonetalkzone.com/bupe.pain.pdf

Post subject: Phd's
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:22 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

" I am a clinical Dr not the phd kind" ( mantaray999) ? We cannot just call ourselves Doctors because we have years of experience in an area. That is illegal. It is quite impossible to be a Dr without the necessary schooling. Doctors are doctors because they have a Doctorate (Phd). They are not all medical doctors, which I suppose you could call clinical doctors. I am a nurse and have been for 25 years and I can with all certainty say you are no Dr. Again it is a felony to impersonate a Dr. In college we are taught the value of critical thinking. This is what donH and others have employed. They have not attacked you or judged you, they have simply added up the facts and came to a conclusion. From reading your posts I would be astounded if you have any college degree. It appears you read books but have a difficult time understanding what you read and then you type what you have read on here. I am very curious to know what a Dr's handwriting and misspelling words when typing have in common. Dr's write that way on purpose to make it difficult to forge their handwriting. Did you think that it ws some strange coincidence that all Dr's just happen to have atrocious handwriting? I will guarantee you the same Dr who's handwriting you cannot read will have impeccable spelling when typing. Wow you should get some help before you end up in prison for impersonation. Makes me wonder if you would lie about being a Dr then you may not even be on Subutex. I think someone who had been taking the drug long term could spell it. Most likely you are a very lonely person who trolls these boards.