It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:47 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I have been on suboxone for 3yrs and never had a problem until about 9mo ago they switched me to the films because of my insurance. Now for the past 5mo i have been extremely dizzy/lightheaded, in a dazed fog and just spaced out feel as if I'm going to faint at any time. This feeling last all day everyday and I'm losing my mind. I do have a little reaction to them, under my tongue swells n gets little bumps and it hurts to put the film under there, but after a few days it gos away for another 2weeks then comes back. Its annoying but i deal with it, i just can't deal with the dizziness. Ive had blood work done it's all fine, seen a dr for vertigo don't have that now I'm waiting to see a nurologist. Has anyone else ever expierenced this feeling before? Please help!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:09 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

The films are usually a little stronger than the pills - people tend to absorb the medicine better - but if that's the case, I'm surprised you have not adjusted five months later. The only other thing I can think of is that perhaps there is an inactive ingredient in the films that you are reacting to, that is not in the pills? I would definitely discuss this with a doctor if I were you, maybe your primary care if you are scared to bring it up to your suboxone provider...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:45 pm 

I have had this happen. Turned out to be my BP med and not suboxone.
After all your testing is done, then maybe look at your sub intake.
Maybe a drop in dosing could help...
Razor

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:19 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Im not on any other meds just the suboxone. I to think it's weird to have these side effects months later. But i remember having these symptoms a day here or there after i first started taking them but now it's constant everyday all day. And where i take the suboxone everyday just makes sense that it's that. My primary care is also my sub doc so when i go back next month im going to ask her about it unless the neurologist finds something else going on when i see him next week. I'm hoping it is from the suboxone and maybe i can try subutex instead rather something serious is going on! I also have 2 friends on the films and they both have been saying they don't feel right with dizziness and headaches. Just strange. Thanks for replying!