It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:55 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

My story began back in 2001. I'm 43 years old and my wife and I decided to move to Hawaii to get away from the cold winters. The winter of 2001 I went to Bosley hair club for men. They prescribed Vicodin for me and since then I always needed more. After about 3 years of constantly doctor shopping and it getting more and more difficult to get vicodin I changed over to Tramadol (Ultram) because it was much easier to get. This drug would take away my detox pains and made feel better, at least I thought. One day playing with my daughter I collapsed and went into a seizure. I was rushed to the hospital treated and released. You would think I would stop for good after an experience like that but I didn't. The drug seemed to be stronger than me. In the past 3 years I have had three seizures, one yesterday, and I'm scared to death. I want my old self back who loved life and got high on life not drugs. I made an appointment for the first time with a Suboxone doctor for this Saturday. I hope he will prescribe Suboxone for me because I feel I"m on my last string of hope.

Post subject: Good for you!
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:13 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Good for you! You’re going in the right direction and I wish you well. I too had a problem with Tramadol when I was mixing and matching. I had extremely bad nightmares and woke myself up screaming in my sleep. And I started hallucinating. That was a long time ago and I’m way past that now. I sense you will be able to say that also one day. Thanks for posting and stay in touch.
Rae

Post subject: Thank you
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:32 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks Rae, I really appreciate your words of encouragement. I don't think most people realize how truly a nightmare this addiction is. I have felt so broken inside, so worthless as a human being and yet I somehow went on. I was so embarassed by my addiction that I would never talk to anyone about it, yet I yearned to talk to someone, someone living in the same hell I was. I finally talked to a suboxone doctor a couple of weeks ago he perscribed 60 8mg tablets. I've been taking about 3-4 tablets per day. I feel great. I haven't thought about pills for the last 14 days. That's a first in about 7 years. The only thing is I only have 32 pills left until May 10th when I see the doctor again. I'm a little worried. Maybe I'll email him to see if he will give me a new batch.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:21 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

It's my understanding that the doctor has put you on the med for one and maybe more reasons. First to see how you do on it. Second to help you through getting the opiates out of your system and three to use this as a life long therapy which is the case many times from my understanding. Didn't he explain to you what his plan was when he prescribed them to you? If not I would pin him down and ask him what his plans are for a course of therapy for you so you're no guessing. Maybe he told you but you were so bent out of shape you didn't remember what he said. I don't mean to imply things but I don't know what kind of shape you were in when you went to see him. But be assertive. It's your therapy. A good doctor is going to want to learn about you so he knows how to treat you. Keep in touch and give us an update when you can.
Rae