It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Can't take much more
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:51 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi friends and newcomers to the forum. It's me, Queenie. I don't know how much more I can take. As you know. Amputations, bypasses, infection, etc... Just when I was on track. Taking my Subs. 8mg. a.m. & 8 mg. p.m. Here comes another problem. Now I need extensive oral surgery & to top it I have a large bone growth(since birth) that grew on the roof of my mouth. It's big. I need dentures and it has to be removed. The oral surgeon & dentist claimed they know about Suboxone. (Yeah, sure)

Fine. They tell me they will do the roof of mouth procedure on Tuesday sept 13th & extractions Thursday the 15th. I was willing to do all at one time because of my Sub situation. They gave me an rx for Percocet 5/325 2 weeks ago which I filled 3 days ago in preparation.

It has been HORRIBLE. Nausea, constant anxiety, crying and feeling like withdrawal is coming on. I pop percs after percs and feel sick. NOW. I am running out of percs and it's only Friday. Call my dr? I did. Hasn't returned my call. Call the dentist? Same. I want to go back on Subs so badly but I can't. What about Tues & Thurs.

I am puzzled & sick. Can someone offer words of advice or comfort. I am sick of pain & addiction.

Love you all, Queenie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:15 pm 
Queenie, go to Dr. Junigs Talk Zone, talk to me Almost live, and scroll down to the 3rd space, to the dental surgery question. and yeah I know the methadone question doesn't apply to you, but the other stuff does......

Tapering the suboxone by 1/2, or for you 4mg twice a day, makes sense, and he recommends about 60mg of OxyContin 20mg, two to three times a day and a low dose of Oxy IR ( 5mg-15mg) for break through pain every 6 hours? Tell them to be careful about benzos when you awaken. Junig is a flippen anesthesiologist and psychiatrist.......He knows what to do The oxy is the same as the Percs, just remind your docs you don't want the tylenol. Have them call Dr J. Tell the secretary it is an EMERGENCY. I am sure the doctor is completely unaware of your calls. His office # is here somewhere/office they can page him. Don't email or video message because you or the docs will not hear from him in a timely manner.

Junig recommends you take 1/2 of your suboxone dose, if you are scheduled the 13th....... I would do that now, tonight 4mg.
How many percs did they give you THREE days ago? DID they just stop the subs?

They are idiots, Have them call Dr. J on Monday, especially the oral surgeon. STOP popping the percs babe, this is not going to help and you have to watch the tylenol..... I guess if it were me, I would cut the sub in half twice a day and ask the doctors for OxyContin 20 mg 2-3 times a day and OxyIR every 6 hours for breakthrough until you are able to transition back on suboxone. Don't get over sedated, I hope your friends/ or family will be there. especially the day and evening of the surgeries.... Today is only the 9th, you still have 4 days. He states in the video he starts this 4-5 days before the surgery, so, YAY...... I am pretty much an idiot, this is just my thoughts...... Oh yeah, do warm salt water mouth washes every couple of hours.
good luck, Robin XOXO

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:12 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Queenie, could you let us know more details? Did they order you to stop the sub and start the percs ahead of time like that? And all they gave you was that small dose of percs? Did you follow their orders or did you go off on your own? I'm not judging, Queenie, you know me better than that, but I'm trying to ascertain just what exactly happened, because I'm not totally clear on it. Obviously if you have run out, you're going to have to get a hold of your dentist and/or perhaps your sub doctor. Hopefully one of them will help you out.

I'm not sure about calling Dr. Junig for help. He does do phone consultations, but be aware that he charges for it.

I can only imagine how sick you are of EVERYTHING, queenie. You've been through surgery upon surgery - and nothing minor either. Traumatic surgeries. And on top of that is this fucking addiction, too. I also hate it - the fact that I did this to myself, my life. But it's where we are now, like it or not, and all we can do is move forward. I know that's easier said than done, but try to hang in there, queenie.

Let us know how this situation works out. And if you can explain it better, that would be great.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:31 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

oh my god queenie". i'm praying for you. hat. is the surgery all completely important? if i were you, i would try to get back on all suboxone as soon as possible and eat soft food?

Post subject: To Queenie...
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:13 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hi, Queenie.
I am new here- I am female, age 42, and am on 4mg of Sub a day.

Now that that's out of the way,
I just want you to know that- for what it is worth-
I am also praying for you.

However, I am not sure about what advice to give you
at the moment.

Good luck,
and I hope that you keep posting.

-ex-

Post subject: Thank you
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:15 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

First [font=Verdana] [/font] First of all thank you all for your replies.

Exorphin. Bless you & thank you for your prays. I'm so glad you are with us. Please don't leave. You sound like the kind of people we need around here. My love & a hug to you.

Johnboy, So good to hear from you. I hope you're doing well. I love you.

Fairrobin. Thank you so much. You know I will talk to you Tues at (9:00 est. on Chat. Hugs my friend

Hat, Thank you so much. You're there for us as usual. Let me say that I filled the percocet rx because the dentist told me to stop the subs when I thought best. I chose last monday because I figured 8 days before the surgery would be good. But the percs didn't keep me out of w/d so I kept popping them. (stupid). Last night I took the last 2. Went to bed. Woke up 7 hrs. later, waited about 4 more hrs & took 4 mg. of Sub. I feel great now but what about Tuesday now? What a predicament. Calling doctors Monday won't be of too much help. So, maybe I can postpone it for another week or so. I have been reading around the forum looking for suggestions. I need to have my receptors open(especially for the roof of my mouth procedure). Any suggestions? Hugs, Queenie

p.s.(all of you, hang in there. Don't give up the fight. I know it's hard but the rewards are priceless. My sincere love to all of you. I know what you're going through.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:50 pm 
Queenie darling did you not read anything I said? It is fine, I don't worry, but I do care. Hatmaker, I don't believe I told Queenie to call Dr. Junig on Monday. Queen, Did you at least listen to the 3 min oral surgery conversation? and BTW if you are have the first of this surgery on the 13th, on Tuesday, I doubt you will be in any shape to converse. You have my email and phone anytime doll, I wish you the best....

Hatmaker: respectfully, could you not say FUC**** on a public forum especially when you are a moderator? I don't see many, 1 or 2 use that type of profanity here. Personally, I swear at home and amongst people who I KNOW doesn't offend....
ANd if you read what I said, have her Doctors call Junig/ maybe he will give them gratis advice, especially the anesthesia doc..

Is cursing allowed? If so, lemme know cuz I can cut loose too, and will not accept any criticism....

Good luck Queenie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:58 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Yes, it is allowed. For years now this forum has never had a problem with people swearing. Many other people do it and I and others don't have an issue with it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:22 pm 
Well then Hatmaker, what are you making for fucking dinner?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:46 pm 

Queenie,

I am so sorry you have to endure this. You have been through so much already and now it seems you're left out hangin' in the wind with no direction to go.

Robin had some good points and maybe a call to someone more informed about Sub and surgery will help. There really isn't anything I can add except to maybe get very loud and demand some answers on just how they intend to sedate you and treat the pain.

Have you spoken with anyone in the medical staff yet? If not, I would probably postpone too just out of fear of the unknown. Being the weekend surely doesn't help.

A few prayers comin' your way from Sin City.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:04 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Fairrobin wrote:
Well then Hatmaker, what are you making for fucking dinner?

In my humble opinion, ^this is not
on the topic that was originally posted.
Is this REALLY helpful to Queenie?
I think not.
-ex-

Post subject: Hi
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:20 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Rule, long time no talk. Well, Dr. Junig was kind enough to e-mail me something, my daughter printed it and I am taking it to my oral surgeon tomorrow. If we have to postpone then fine but I insist on adequate pain relief. I have been through so much pain in the last 7 years, I can't take anymore. I will let you know what happens. How have you been? Fine, I hope. Love, Queenie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:54 pm 

Let us know how it turns out and what Dr. Junig suggested. I am very pleased he responded to your request. He is a busy doctor for sure.

I bet you couldn't find an answer on his Talk Zone site.

Hope all turns out okay.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:57 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I second what Rule said. Let us know how you are, K, queenie?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:57 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Queenie, I'm SO sorry you are going through this! I'm glad you have that printout from Dr. J (I think it's very unusual to receive a quick reply like that !). You are right to postpone the surgery if need be and to make sure they are going to keep you out of pain and withdrawal. I know from what you have said before that you would rather be on your Sub than on full agonists, but if you gotta do it just do it and try to get back on your normal routine as soon as possible.

Fairrobin you are correct about the dosages needed by Sub patients, but the problem is convincing the doctors/surgeons. At best they say they're not "comfortable" prescribing those doses, and at worst they accuse the patient of being drug seeking and do what they do with most of us.... prescribe Perc 5/325 which is worthless!

Queenie, I know you have put a lot of time and effort into educating doctors and hospital staff. Is the procedure being done in the hospital? (It sounds like it's not). I don't blame you for being nervous when the surgeon says he knows about Sub then gives you Perc 5's! Is it possible that one of your other surgeons can consult with the oral surgeon? I know you are a strong woman and will make them do the right thing (or else not do it at all!). As always I am thinking of you and praying for you. Please post when you are able and let us know what is happening.
with love,
Lilly

Post subject: It's me
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:20 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

First of all I want to thank everyone for caring so much. It means so much.

O.K. Here's the story. I asked Dr J. the question & he replied to the video question. In the video question he gave me his e-mail. I e-mailed him & he was wonderful. He e-mailed me the exact info I needed. I'm surprized he responded within 3 hours.!!!!! and sent me 3 different things. 1) The NIH printout. 2) Some articles from "Suboxone and it's use. and another write-up. Can't remember excactly now. He also told me that if I wanted a phone consult with him or with my dr and he gave me the phone number and asked that I make an appointment with his nurse. My daughter printed it and I took it to my oral surgeon today. The surgeon postponed the procedure and is doing it inpatient. He wants me to have adequate pain relief and adequate time off the subs. Dr J suggested Oxycodone 40-50 mgs. Every four hrs. & Oxycontin 20 mg. slow release. every 12 hrs. I originally e-mailed dr. J and I mentioned how helpful he is to all of us & that we appreciate him. I thought you guys would have wanted me to say that because he really is good to us. When he replied he said that we are so good to him for saying that.

I don't know when the surgery will be but I will let you guys know Again thank you so much. I love you all.
Queenie

p.s. Lillyval,( I feel like I won another victory for us by educating another doctor about Subs. I love you.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:44 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Queenie, that's wonderful the help that Dr. J gave you! He is terrific, isn't he? I'm so glad you got it all worked out. Good on you for being assertive and for being your own advocate. Keep us posted.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:16 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

thanks queenie i love you too!! fairrobin. its great to no that hatmaker is a very good moderator here on the sub forum.
and also she is just like the rest of us. you have many post and been here long enough to know every one is equal". reading the posting i'm sure you see that dirty word :wink:you dont have to eccept any criticism i just think hat deserves a small apology? no hard feelings... :lol: and thank you fairrobin for coming up with the right help from doc junig and its good to have some one like you on there toes!! wow queenie i'm happy happy happy that you and dr junig made it out

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:03 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Wow! Praise God for Dr. Junig. I really didn't think with all his patients and everything he's got going on that he would be able to get back to you so fast. That is fantastic. And I'm so relieved, Queenie, that you didn't have to rush into it and that you got it postponed so that everything will be done right. You have no idea how much you are helping the next sub patient who walks through that oral surgeon's door! I'm also glad you're doing it inpatient. You are such a strong woman, you have been through so much and you just keep pushing forward. It really gives the rest of us something to live up to IMO. Keep us posted and let us know when they reschedule the surgery. In the meantime just remember I'm thinking of you on a daily basis.
blessings,
Lilly

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:14 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

i second lillyval and hat saying for queenie being such a great advocate.