It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:44 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I have to go to the dentist immediately as I have massive tooth pain. Can I take All antibiotics???

Also, what if the pain gets so awful that I need pain medication??? How do I deal with that? What does one do?

Please help. Tks.

D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:48 am 
Antibiotics are fine. Once you've been on an antibiotic for 24 hours or so (usually) the pain will subside as it's the infection (usually) that's causing the pain. so hopefully you will be able to make it with just motrin or aleve for pain. If not - check in with your Subox doc. Usually they'll take you off your Sub and switch you to pain pills (usually something pretty strong in order to override the Subox). After your dental prob is resolved, you'll go back on Suboxone according to your docs instruction (likely will have you wait 24 hrs post your last pain pill) and all should be fine. Try not to worry. Hope that helps.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:51 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Yes I'm on antibiotics now for major infection worse pain ever. U don't need pain meds unless your legs get chopped off. I've been threw major tooth problems with NO pain meds lots of ice. We are trying to break the cycle of Pain meds!!!!! EXCEDRIN works wonders.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:54 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Oh yeah one more thing are brains are wired to think we need pain meds for every little thing that hurts!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:59 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Well said Ronnie! I am always explaining to addicts that most people go through entire lives without taking a schedule II narcotic! And NOBODY who is not an addict would go to the ER and expect opiates after 'hurting their back shoveling snow'. Yes, ER's give away a shot of demerol just to get rid of the person, but that doesn't mean it is proper treatment.

Going on Suboxone generally means realizing that opiates are not the answer for anything short of surgical pain, or perhaps the pain from a bad fracture. People do not take narcotics for sore muscles-- except us addicts. That has to change if a person is going to make it work on Suboxone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:57 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I was taking an antibiotic (clindamycin) which caused these awfully annoying "ticks" or twitches in the muscles in my body. In fact, I would wake up out of my sleep with all the jerking. This happened on two separate occasions and ceased upon my cessation from the said antibiotic. I dont think it's dangerous, but to me it was very annoying. Anyone else heard of this?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:58 am 
New Poster
New Poster

kasskenz wrote:
I have to go to the dentist immediately as I have massive tooth pain. Can I take All antibiotics???

Also, what if the pain gets so awful that I need pain medication??? How do I deal with that? What does one do?

Please help. Tks.

D

It depends on antibiotics to antibiotics. I think you can take antibiotic for massive tooth pain and remember tot ell your doctor which antibiotic you have taken. Then he will not give any medicine to you which may react to the antibiotic badly you have taken.