It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:01 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi im new here,ciao...
i feel Reckitt has an obligation/duty of care to its patients to make smaller dosages of SUBOXONE,
i.e .5mg/.25mg for simple tapering off.
can someone with legal acumen please draw up a letter/petition to lobby Reckitt to formulate smaller doses?.
ive rung Reckitt callcenter re doasge issue a few times left feedback& emailed the Reckitt suboxone p.r person for australia & as of now have received no reply.
as everyone knows its very hard ,time consuming & worrying re how to keep the Film stable once opening packet.(especially since alot of us live in increasingly humid climates-cello tape peels off.
as an ex drug dealer it also triggers me having to cut up pills/films & repackage & label them.
we deserve ease of reduction.i feel somewhat hostage sometimes.i want to have a month of low doses packaged ready to go when i wake for work i just take it no dramas.

(suboxone saved me -however i have been avoiding reducing of it due to lack of low dosages.
i suffer frm a Trauma condition,i need things to be simple.)
n.b: im coming off suboxone after 8 years due to bad g.i problems-dehydration,constipation.
also N.A social stigma.plus i really want to see if i can handle been off it!)
Regards Max.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:34 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Maybe 2 years ago (?) some of the members here participated in a paid survey of Suboxone users. I actually participated in two of them. Some of us kind of compared notes after the interview, and one of the most common suggestions to RB was to make lower dose formulations for tapering. (Also, one of the biggest concerns raised was the difficulty getting off of the drug).

I can tell you with some confidence that RB is not going to do it. Their money (and trust me, it's all about the money) is in keeping people on Suboxone forever. This is a company that marketed the product with the implication that there is NO withdrawal from Suboxone. According to their ONE clinical trial, the patient is to taper down to 2 mg and will be able to go off with no problem. It's not unless you actually read the study that you find out that the participants were only followed for three days after stopping at 2mg, at which point the real WD hadn't even STARTED. It fucking infuriates me.

Since RB did the survey they came out with two HIGHER dose offerings, the 4mg and the 12 mg film. I could go on and on about how RB wants good addicts to stay dependent on their cash cow drug even when it involves lying and manipulating. But instead I will just say that the 2 mg film is probably the best thing going for taperers. It's easy to cut into .25mg pieces. If doing that triggers you than see if you can have a family member or trusted friend do it for you. Use tweezers to put it back in the packet and close it up with a paper clip. I know it's a pain in the ass - but it's nothin compared to having to ther with an 8 mg tablet.

Good luck,
Lilly

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:41 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

That is absolutely infuriating, the trial where they only followed people for 3 days. How is that remotely ethical when they know about the half life? That's crazy. I have very little trust in the big pharmaceutical companies.

That's not to say I'm not grateful for suboxone because I am 100%.

In terms of tapering, I had very little trouble tapering down to .25mg using the 2mg pills. It didn't require a ton of thought, or time, no ritual process, etc. my jump wasn't bad at all. It would've been even easy had I done .25mg every other day like I planned. I could've even gone down further, by simply putting some dust from the 2mg pill on my fingertip.

Can you ask for the 2mg pills?

"the only way out is through"

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:59 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

thanks so much Lilyval for detailed reply.thks for very sharp tips.
yes couple weeks ago i ended up cutting up the strips thirty .25mg doses in my subx doctors office.

Doctor said i shouldve used twezers too.duh.
on reopening the cut dose packets they feel a bit damp now-i assume still viable or id be crook.

Re R.B is unconscionable their actions re their sham subxone trial you mentioned& not following up on dosage feedback re yr surveys.
i did the subx implant paid survey once.
my doctor has run Reckitt to complain about lack of low dosage too.

Re dosage it seems more sinister than Reckitt just "forgetting" to make a lower doses.-mongrels.
Reckitt 20! years ago(post Temgesic) saw the need for .4mg Subutex so they do know the long half life reduction game inside out.

im trying to my best to chill out at the moment titrating-been on .25mg for 2 weeks with Catapres as needed & very occasional Xanax for obvious reasons.
ive been off powders for 8 years so dont plan to start another addiction. NoSirRee.

Self medicating my acute trauma shit has sucked a lifetime out of me...
Am using super lightweight meds now- circadin & antihistamine as needed- to sleep.

Wish you well lily-LUCK EVERYONE-KEEP SAFE,MAX.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:46 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

QUOTE; "Can you ask for the 2mg pills?"[/quote]

Unfort.No.Would be easier perhaps.
In Oz suboxone pills are kaput- no generic yet & subutex is restricted like methadone -really not worth the aggravation travelling on train to nominated clinics 3-4 times a week.

Anyway ill be off subx in 2 weeks is going well so far.
Fatigue/stress biggest sideffects.(havnt got a bath where i live.grrr.)
i need to go lie on a warm beach/pool somewhere-that would be nice.... 8)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:21 pm 

Hey vmax,

LillyVal said exactly what I was thinking, and I too took the survey and suggested the same thing.

If you really want a low dose spread out very slowly I am going to suggest you ask your doctor for the weakest Butrans Patch. It is a pain patch made up of only Buprenorphine. I haven't verified it yet but I think they come in 5, 10, & 20 mcg doses. I was given the 20 mcg one, did the math and it came out to roughly 2 mg's of Buprenorphine per day lasting for one week. I may be way off on that but you can do the same math on micrograms vs milligrams. So maybe the 5 microgram one? Discuss it with your doctor and see what he says.

What I would do is when you are ready to get down to the lowest possible dose, put the patch on and leave it for two weeks instead of one. Some people have trouble keeping the patch on their skin, so included in the script is another cover to help hold it down. If you still have a problem, ask the pharmacist.

Just a little different way to do it. If and when I ever get off Bupe, that is the route I'm taking.

rule