It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:07 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hello everyone,
I want to share my history because I am really worryed and hopefully someone have been in my situation and can tell me a bit more than I know...
I been adicted to heroin and ussind everyday with my boyfriend for the last two years, we always wanted to stop but we never seem to be able. We started getting a subutex prescription of 4.0 mg each but we was still using the drug on top diary untill we find out I were pregnant, only then things start to get slightly better but not perfect we sttill were using heroing ones a week untill my 28 week of pregnancy when I complitly woke up and decide that I couldnt do that to my unborn baby anymore. From this moment I been clean of drugs and I went down on my subutex from 4.0 to 2.0mg and im on the 34week of my pregnancy. My dr doesnt recomend me to go down anymore as he says my baby can withdraw in my womb or not grow up properly... I am very worried that if I dont completly stop the subutex my baby will suffer and is killing me.
I am very worried as well because social services got involve in my case and they build me a child protection plan but because my boyfriend and I didnt became clean until my 28 week of pregnancy they cant tell me if I will be able to keep my baby.
I love this baby so much and so my boyfriend we feel like if he has safe our lives and the thinking of social services might decide to not let us be with him is killing us.
We dont want to do heroin ever again we just want to be a happy family and leave all that behind, will Social. Services allow us?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:15 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

it all depends on your state. i am going to tell you this. if they have given you a plan, stick to it. if they see you stopped and are bettering yourself, hence the suboxen, they are going to work with you. they will do random tests now and post partem and set you up with classes. i suggest you take what they give. it shows you are open to it and are serious. they dont want to take your baby away. they can hook you up with resourses to help with so much. including things you need for your baby. but they arent gonna go that far if they dont know yet. that is a good sign also. if they are helping with parenting classes and baby/nursery items, then thats because they want to help. but that wont start till they know you are serious. hope this helps.

sorry about typos/grammer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:44 pm 

I think the previous poster is spot on. You have done a wonderful thing for your baby by quitting heroin, but keeping on with your suboxone! I have also heard that you shouldn't suddenly stop suboxone because it could harm the pregnancy. There is a chance that your baby could be born and experience some withdrawal symptoms. However, your baby could also have no symptoms of withdrawal. Here are a couple of links from Dr. Junig, the creator of this site, on pregnancy and suboxone:

http://www.suboxonetalkzone.com/bupreno ... pregnancy/

http://www.suboxonetalkzone.com/suboxon ... -newborns/

Since social services is already involved with your case, I recommend that you do exactly as they say. Maintain regular contact with them and keep them up to date on how your pregnancy is going. Go above and beyond what they ask of you. Ask if there are more things you can do to makes sure your baby has the best possible start in life. Show them that you are taking parenting seriously! If you do all of this and stay off heroin, you are setting yourself up for the best possible outcome.

I wish the best for you! Please keep us updated on your situation and let us know if we can help you. Our "Suboxone and Pregnancy" section has many positive stories from women who have been on subutex during their pregnancies.

Amy