It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:47 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

If my mom sends me a bottle with my name on it from the pharmacy will customs let it pass?I know Brasil does not carry bupe in sublingual form.Only intrvenously for pain.
what shall I do when I;m running down low? Going back to NY just for subs will break my bank.
any suggestions?
Please?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:54 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I did a little big of Google searching on the subject and found a thing or two:

"Mailing prescription drugs that require a script or confirmation from a doctor is not something that everyone can do. Only manufacturers, agents, pharmacies or other licensed dispensers or agents may mail prescription drugs. Read more:http://www.ehow.com/how_5704180_send-prescription-drugs-through-mail.html

I know that's not from a very good authority and I did read other sites. My thoughts are why can't the pharmacy mail it directly to you? From what I read, it's legal for pharmacies to mail prescriptions (especially narcotics), and not so much for regular consumers. You could have your mom call the pharmacy and ask if they would ship it directly to you. Worth a try!

That's all I can think of. Good luck.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:43 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Well thank you so much for finding that out fo rme:)
I will try and see what my friendly Pharmacy can do for me then.They are pretty much friends so if it's not breaking the law they would do it for me.If not I have a backup plan with someone who is coming to visit soon and would bring the pills on her person with her on the plane for me.
Thanks again.This is my life here.I can't go off sub yet.I want to try at least a year.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:49 am 
I am not sure about the laws but I also traveled outside the country while on suboxone. I did have my script mailed to me by FedEx and never had a problem. I was in Trinidad for about 5 mos and then in Grenada. My script made it thru customs without a hitch every time.

I agree that with long term addiction one should stay on sub for at least a yr or longer. It takes that much time for you to get your life together. I know I would not have made it without this medication (learning), I think for younger folks with a short addiction period, sub is a great detox tool. But for me and being an active addict for over 37 yrs... that would not of worked for me. Just prolonged my suffering.

Bless

Post subject: Update
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:14 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Well guys I can tell you it hasn't been easy since my last post.I have been getting my subs from New york via friends coming to my city here in Brazil...I have been on and off codeine everytime there is an interem.the thing is my doctor doesn't want to prescribe me my subs with me being 4,700 miles away...so here I am just took 6 tylenol 3's a few hours ago and I'm waiting to see who is coming my way soon so my mom who is also on suboxone can give him or her 50subs to take on the plane for me.
If I had Suboxone or Subutex here in Brazil available my life would be so much easier.Sigh...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:18 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Well guys,I just got my Suboxone today!Someone from NYC delivered it to the airport near me and I feel whole again!A 2 week bout with Codeine left me pratically lifeless while waiting for more suboxone.I had to take the Codeine to prevent withdrawal.I don't consider this a relapse because it was needed.I am going to call my doctor monday and see if I can work something out with him to write me a script because I'm taking what my mom has left over every month.I have 50 8mg tabs and I will try to take half a day tomorrow to give me more time.
Wish me luck guys!