It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:00 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

hello, I get my suboxone films in 2 boxes each month with the prescription taped onto the two boxes. the strips obviously don't have my name and prescription on them. I am prescribed two a day, and I keep some in my wallet on me. suboxone is abused around my area and the little blue package litters the streets everywhere in my area. opiates have absolutely plagued this town it is sickening.

SO anyway :) will I get arrested for keeping my suboxone on me? I have no proof of precripton I leave the boxes at home. he probably won't b elevie me. I am paranoid of going to jail and then withdrawling off suboxne I am taking precautions;

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:10 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

i keep mine in a cigarette case, but when i get the suboxone box there is a sticker with the prescription on the box. the box is in a white paper bag and there are multiple stickers on a sheet stapled to the bag. i peel off the smaller sticker with my name date a prescription info and stick it on my case. then i have a piece of paper in my purse that i put the larger sticker on.

once the pharmacy must have almost been out. i got my strips in a ziploc bag with the prescription sticker stuck on it.

i'm sure if your pharmacy can print you out a separate sticker or info card with your prescription info that you can also keep in your wallet.

i'd just keep in mind that if you are pulled over and your strips are near your license they could be visible, but i don't really think its an issue because you can prove you have a script for them. being detained is not a good option tho.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:17 pm 

Welcome Seeker,
The answer is yes, you could be detained by the police. It happens. We ve had members here who have had hassle s with the cops over this.
Also, there is no reason to carry multiple doses with you unless you are traveling over night .
Ask yourself this, would you walk up to a law enforcement officer and ask him these same question s? I wouldnt script or not.
Hate to say this but it is my understanding today that the world, at least in the US do not think it is a good idea to give drugs to drug addicts. That is harsh, but this is the world we live in.

Keep them at home. Carry only your daily dose if you dose more than once a day. The police can take the med away, and or detain you . It is unfair and not all will do this but why even take the chance.

My 2 cents..
Razor

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:36 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Most law enforcement departments can clear it up pretty quickly especially if your state has a prescription monitoring database. Former cop here...although theres a bunch of a hole ego cops that will treat you like crap from the get go and will detain or arrest you especially if they dont have proper knowledge on laws and procedures for dealing with controlled substance prescriptions. Always ask for a supervisor if this happens or the sergeant/lieutenant. I wouldn't worry too much but if you can keep proof of script youll be gtg.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:42 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

thank yous. I am gonna find a card to stick the prescription sticker to and keep it in my wallet. after being locked up and having to withdrawal cold turkey I am paranoid and take precautions even though I'm not doing anything illegal

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:58 am 

Glad you found the answer. coloradoclean said it pretty clear, same with Razor. Just keep one of the prescribing stickers in your wallet along with the films and you'll be fine. I'm not sure about the laws in your state about it being in the original container. You might want to look that one up or ask either your doctor or pharmacist.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:03 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

If every grandma can have a weekly pill planner and not have issues being searched and arrested due to not being in the original container youll be fine!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:17 pm 

CC, unless she's driving on the wrong side of the road!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:11 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

i am so paranoid about being locked up and withdrawing (traumatized from previous experiences) and i always keep 2 suboxones in each sock, 1 in each sole of my shoe, and 2 in my wallet.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:53 am 

I went to jail and endured withdrawal every time I went. I guess it makes sense because I was going to jail because of the things I was doing in active addiction. But it's absolutely traumatic! I'll never forget it as long as I live. I wonder what it would have been like without withdrawal but I'm willing to bet it would have still been traumatic :)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:14 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

It probably left me brain damaged. It's so traumatizing to come off that much opiates so suddenly and detox in the worst place possible. It changed my perspective on life because now I know that the amount of suffering a human can be exposed to in life is extreme

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:12 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I'm sure you know this, Seeker, but you are better off getting sick than trying to smuggle a controlled substance into the jail! Most jails and prisons are pretty sophisticated about the films these days.... I know someone who works at a nearby prison, and they are peeling all stamps off letters to inmates now, because of the number of people putting the stamp on over an 8 mg strip of Suboxone!

I appreciate the comment about leaving most of your meds at home... I am always frustrated by phone calls telling me that 'just after I picked up my meds, my purse fell out of the car and they all were lost', or 'the entire bottle of Adderall was stolen from my glove compartment'. I always want to believe people, but I can't understand why anyone thinks it is a good idea to carry a month of medication around.... so I almost always disregard those complaints. Plus the person who reports the 'loss' is focused on how he/she will feel or function, but my concern is about the welfare of the teenager or child who finds the pills in a bottle in the ditch!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:55 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I was just speaking with my therapist about my *almost* irrational fear that if I go on a trip and dont take all of my medications that something terrible will happen and I will end up not making it back home for weeks, either without medications, or having to call doctors and pharmacies and insurance companies to try and get more.

The reason I say almost is because 11 years ago I went on what was supposed to be a five day trip at Christmas to visit my family. My father had a heart attack on Christmas Day, was in bad shape, needed quadruple bypass surgery, was in the hospital for a little while. So, my 5 day trip ended up being 2 weeks long. Of course at that time I carried enough medication only to get through the trip plus a few extra. I had to do a lot of work to get medications called in since I still had some at home. And at that time I took no controlled medications. Ever since then I always take all my medications with me.

How much of a nightmare would it be to be in that situation with only 5-7 days worth of Suboxone? I'd have to choose between flying home to get more medication or staying with my father because I can't imagine a situation in which my doctor, insurance, company, and insurance would all authorize an extra week or two of Suboxone. Am I wrong? Yet, at the same time, the more I take with me the greater the chance of theft, loss, etc.

I bring this up because I'm going on my first big trip since starting Subs. Seriously how much should I bring with me? We will be gone for about a week and I get my month supply tomorrow

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:32 am 

Tragicom, if I were going on a trip for a week (and I'm only telling u what I'd do personally) I'd probably take two weeks worth of medicine with me. That's just what I'd do.

There's been times I've went with my fiancé on one of his work trips and I'd just take double the amount of medication just in case. I always take it in the original prescription box though and leave the rest safely at home.

Lately, in my area which is horrible for law enforcement nit-picking every little thing, I've been told they're making sure u have the correct amount of medication in ur box, bottle or whatever. I don't know exactly how that works though and I'm sure u can prove ur innocence and reasoning in the end but it is something to be cautious about.

It's one of those situations where if u take ur full script with u and something happens like losing it or something, ur screwed. If u only take the amount u need and something happens u have to stay longer then u run out. If u take the amount u need plus a little extra and leave the rest at home.... that just seems like the best choice out of all of them for me personally.

I hope I didn't confuse u because I almost confused myself lol :)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:09 am 

Or..if you do need to stay louger for whatever reason, understanding tbe ceil effect of Suboxone is a huge plus.
I would then begin to take less,say 4mgs instead of my normal dose. Bupe can be stretched out without wd simptoms.
Again, I never carry my doses around locally. Its just not necessary. Summer trips? A few extras maybe. I never go anywhere .lol

Razor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:37 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thanks Jenn and Razor. Makes sense! I always overthink things, see the worst outcome and fret a lot. But I think two weeks makes sense. And if the world ends or something I'll start tapering till I can scrounge up some Suboxone!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:58 pm 

Oh gosh I'm a huge overthinker too!

And razor, I rarely go out of town either lol very seldom. I would love to leave this humidity behind though and come bk after summer is over. It's 84 degrees here but 62% humidity. I can't breathe when I walk outside! It's really not enjoyable to have summers like that :/