It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:07 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Over the last winter I was on 2mg stable. I started lowering my dose and now I'm down to about 0.5mg.
Thing is, I dose two, sometimes three times a day. I've been taking the same dose (0.5mg, sometimes 0.6mg) one whole month, and I just can't get used to it!
Obviously I managed to lower my dose from 2mg to about 0.5mg, but now I'm stuck hard :-(
I've read many taper stories, and it seems so easy on writing.
I take 0.2mg in the morning around 7a.m., and I get into WD by noon. I re-dose (0.3mg) at 4p.m. But by then I'm really edgy. And again, I'm in WD by 10p.m. Sometimes I manage to sleep 'till morning, sometimes I just can't stand the felling and re-dose again 0.1mg., just to get out of WD and be able to sleep normally. ofc I'm in WD again by morning LoL.
I understand that low doses of bupe have a short half life. But I would of thought I'd get the heck used to this dose and timing of dosing by now!?
So I'm not really sure what to do now? I can't really go any lower 'cause I'd be in WD almost all the time.
Anybody else experienced this?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:27 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

This is an opinion i would guess that very few people will agree with. If you have been on 0.5mg for a month and haven't been able to adjust I would consider going off now. Why go through low level withdrawals 3x a day for months? I would opt for full out withdrawals for the next week or so, then done. That's just my opinion, and for what it's worth, I'm right behind you. I'm down to 2mg and hope to taper to where you are by the end of summer. so I'll be cheering for you, no matter what you decide.
Lilly

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:28 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I agree with Lilly, .5mg is not a high dose to jump off of, you've already got pretty low.....why not go ahead and jump?? Can you get a few days off of work, can you shirk your responsibilities for a few days and just get this behind you??

BTW, you are NOT the only one who has trouble stabilizing at lower doses, there are others who struggle with the same issue.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:49 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

My question would be how slowly did you go from 2 mg to where you are now? If you went too fast, I'd say that would account for why you are having trouble adjusting.

Yes, you have the option as was stated above of just going off now and dealing with the acute withdrawals now and getting it over with, after all, you're suffering already, right? Or if for whatever reason you don't want to do that or feel you aren't ready, you could always up your dose just a tiny tad and continue going down just a bit more until you feel you're more prepared.

Whichever you decide, we're behind you. Good luck.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:31 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

bupeAddict wrote:
Over the last winter I was on 2mg stable. I started lowering my dose and now I'm down to about 0.5mg.
Thing is, I dose two, sometimes three times a day. I've been taking the same dose (0.5mg, sometimes 0.6mg) one whole month, and I just can't get used to it!
Obviously I managed to lower my dose from 2mg to about 0.5mg, but now I'm stuck hard :-(
I've read many taper stories, and it seems so easy on writing.
I take 0.2mg in the morning around 7a.m., and I get into WD by noon. I re-dose (0.3mg) at 4p.m. But by then I'm really edgy. And again, I'm in WD by 10p.m. Sometimes I manage to sleep 'till morning, sometimes I just can't stand the felling and re-dose again 0.1mg., just to get out of WD and be able to sleep normally. ofc I'm in WD again by morning LoL.
I understand that low doses of bupe have a short half life. But I would of thought I'd get the heck used to this dose and timing of dosing by now!?
So I'm not really sure what to do now? I can't really go any lower 'cause I'd be in WD almost all the time.
Anybody else experienced this?

You are going through exactly what happened to me at 1 mg. I wrote about this in my "I'm S.T.U.C.K" thread. The first day I dropped to 1 mg was in March and I was not stable on 1 mg for a long time. It took about six weeks to stabilize and I started to think I absolutely never would. My legs ached alllll day everyday. I woke up with sweats and anxiety every single day. I struggled sooooo much and I didn't drop again until May 26th. However, after waiting that much time, it was really easy to drop to .75 and then .5. I was exactly like you, limping through the day, taking a piece of my 1 mg and then waiting until I felt crappy to take anymore. So, I was dosing three times a day too and felt like I was getting nowhere. I hope you can tell that I completely understand!!

If I were you, I wouldn't want to jump yet. I know .5 sounds like a low dose, but when you get there, it feels pretty high, and the w/d may be uncomfortable at .5, but it can get worse. And .5 mg is actually is quite a bit of Bupe. I do think you can make this easier on yourself. First of all, I promise you that you will stabilize at this dose if you wait long enough. It DOES happen.

You have to change how you dose. I felt like there was absolutely zero way I could dose once a day. IMPOSSIBLE!! However, you actually can and I now believe it makes a difference in the symptoms you get. I started dosing once, sometimes twice, because now the pieces are just too small to cut into many separate doses, but in doing so, I realized that my body quit giving me so many symptoms when I only dosed once. There is a tremendous difference in the amount of symptoms, not just a small change. I think when you take multiple doses, your body will start throwing discomfort at you throughout the day to get some Bupe.

You need to start by not taking your morning dose for as long as you can. I know it's hard, especially when you 'wake up' by coming to from anxiety. Even if you delay it an hour, that's good. That should push your second dose later. Only take tiny doses to get you through. Suffer as much as you can during the day, and try to save up most of your dose for right before bed. This may take a number of days to get to where you aren't waking up and dosing. You will have to really push yourself for those days to endure some symptoms, but you don't have to do this all at once. Even if you can eventually take a little (maybe 1/8) at noon and the rest (3/8) before bed, you will be better off. I take my dose around 9 p.m., which gives it time to kick in before bed, so I can sleep. Then, because I took so much so late, I wake up without symptoms!! That's a beautiful thing, but until I started taking at least most of my daily dose at night, I woke up icky. The time I get symptoms is around 4 p.m; this is when I will sometimes take a very small dose. However, compared to how the symptoms used to be, they are nothing. If you can do this, I'm fairly certain it will pay off for you big time. You need to have a lot left at night to push you through until morning to where you can get up and start your day comfortably. Once your day is started, it's easier to keep rolling and it gets you out of that routine of having to take something as soon as you get up. Also, one thing I didn't get was that even if you get symptoms, if you don't take any Sub, many times they will actually go away! It's like magic.

Good luck! Man, I just sympathize so much with you and I hope you'll try what I suggested. The same thing was suggested to me, but I am so damn hardheaded that I didn't listen for a long time, and I ended up suffering more than I probably had to. I've been able to drop to .3125, and it has not been as tough as it was at 1 mg. Go figure, huh? The only time I've felt significantly bad is when I tried to just stop taking it altogether.

Just wanted to mention, though, that I'm kinda assuming you don't feel like jumping yet. If you want to jump and get 'er done and can handle that, more power to you. :D I have tried to stop taking it, and I was unpleasantly surprised at the severity of symptoms I got. So, I'm just hoping that after all this tapering, it is possible at some point to get to a low enough dose that it's eventually not so bad to stop. Isn't that the point of tapering? :D So, I'm not 100% sure it's best to keep tapering, and the folks who suggested you jump now may be onto something. Maybe you aren't as big a wimp as I am....I'm just giving you another idea, in case you're not ready to take that leap yet.

laddertipper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:19 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

ThanX for all the support!

@hatmaker
I created a situation to force myself to be without suboX for 5days.
And then I took 0.6mg and it was enough. I could even feel something.
The point is I couldn't or didn't have the nerves to taper from 2mg to 0.5mg for months. I figured this will lower my tolerance like nothing else. And as far as I'm concerned, it worked. I'm not on 2mg anymore, and I feel much much better.

@ladder
You're right about not being ready to stop completely...
I tried to jump once off 0.5mg and I made it for 15 days but then I gave in...
I felt I couldn't deal with shi*. Much less talk to ppl. That's how deranged I felt.
Now I'm trying to go low as I can and stabilise on that. Bcause when I'm on a low dose, I don't feel those nasty side effects of bupe that much.
Like being emotionless, sleepy, no sex drive, bowel movement LoL, lethargy, no dreaming etc.
I'm in a much better mood now. Everyone is saying I look a lot better now, and I'm more talkative then before. So I'd be damned if I up my dose again. There's just no justification for that. I hope I won't change my mind bcause I'm that much better now!
I've lowered my dose many times before, but never for long. Never really stabilised on it. Now I'm under 1mg for a couple of months.
I just wanna stabilise on the lowest dose I feel OK on.
After that, I'll start thinkin' about quitting. I figured the best time to quit is summer, when it's hot. In winter, I feel like I'm going to dye and turn into an ice cube, that's how cold I feel when I'm in WD at winter time....

About the morning dose... I'm pretty stubborn myself. I rarely take advices from others, thinking I'm the smartest fuc* around LoL.
I think that's a wrong attitude. So I might even try you're advice.
It's just gonna take some time to make myself do it. 'Cause the morning dose is my favorite and most needed one. And I assume it's the same for everyone.
It's funny how I don't feel the full range symptoms of WD right after wakin' up, but half an hour later. I guess I'm to sleepy to figure anything :-P
I just might try dosing later as it's more practical for me too. I work 3pm-12am. If I dose at 10am, WD kicks in at 5,6pm I guess. And I have to endure all that lethargy at WORK, 'till I get home. It's really inconvenient as you see.