It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:07 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

HI guys,

Me and my hubby have been kind of trying for a baby for about 4 months and I just wondered if Sub can make you less fertile? I have been basically lowering my dose each month, so if I do become pregnant, I can decide to go as low as possible or get off. I guess I am surprised I haven't become pregnant and of course I am worried! I know people get pregnant on sub all the time but I just thought I would bring this up.......

thanks!

Jessica

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:12 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I have done zero research on this topic and my body is pretty screwy anyways. But I will tell you that when I am on sub, my cycle extends quite long. When I am off sub, I have about a 30-32 day cycle. On sub, it gets longer and longer and longer. So last month it was more than 50 days.

Get a fertility monitor. That's my suggestion. That way you can tell when you are ovulating. Most people don't ovulate on day 14 like they say anyways.

Cherie

- Winston Churchill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:19 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

I was able to get pregnant on suboxone, and hubby was on it, too. We tried for about 9 months before I conceived. It definitely can take time. Once I started to track my basal temps and use ovulation prediction kits, I was pregnant after 2 cycles. There are some great websites that can help you track and better understand your cycles. try google searching ovulation charting.

good luck!!

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:25 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thank you ladies....this is very helpful information and I am def. going to research it a bit more.

Post subject: Pregnant on sub
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 2:45 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Yes you can get pregnant on suboxone. :wink: But do not try to CT if U find out U R,ask ur doctor best thing but withdrawals raises B/P ,not good when your expecting and b/p pills are all probably not good as not much is the first few week as the fetus develops. I'm a nursing student,not a doctor but I am specializing in addiction nursing and Im on suboxone now dorm about a 3
year addiction to Ultram before I started suboxone in 2007. I have been on suboxone 4 years and get it for free for 6 months ( from a coupon card my doctor gave me) and pay only $100 a month to see doctor and get a months supply of of strips which I love much more potent IMO, cause of the absorb factor IMO..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 4:58 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

well,

I actually am pregnant now - 16 weeks!

I am not sure what you meant by WD since I have switched to subutex and wont be tapering off until close to labor which my Dr are helping me with the plan to keep baby and me safe.

I should feel lucky that I still only pay about 40 a month for my prescription!

Post subject: Awesome!
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 5:17 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Congratulations ! :D yes you have a good deal I typically pay $40 a month for a month supply. I got lucky for 6 months with the card coupon. Have fun being pregnant. I have had two kids the second trimester is the best. The last nothing fits. :wink:

God Bless !

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 4:03 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

if you place a strip or a pill between your knees and hold it there you will never get pregnant on sub. actually, any pill will work, even an aspirin.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 7:30 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Tiff- I agree 2nd trimester is the best! I was really sick all of the first.

So,I'm curious....you previously said you paid 100 for dr and precription. Do you have to pay 60 just to see a dr?

I also had that coupon which was 75 off....so it ended up being free! Awesome!

Subu2...funny!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:19 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

serously for your babaies why would YOU GET PREGNAUNT? your baby will be addicted when he's born....

good luck, i hope you dont have a baby going thru w/d

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:01 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Spike-Please don't ASSUME that ALL babies born from mothers whom were on Sub maintainance throughout they're pregnancy WILL BE born addicted. This simply IS NOT TRUE. I gave birth myself just a couple months ago to a HEALTHY baby boy. There's already enough stigma, pressure, and shame placed on Bupe Moms as it is.......from people who are uneducated about Sub, from the pregnant women themselves, and from society in general. Its a TOUGH SPOT to be in........trying to recover from addiction and then learning your pregnant. No mother wants her child to suffer.........Is being on an opiate (though partial-agonist) while pregnant an IDEAL situation?..........NO..........but its a responsible, safe choice for mothers whom are addicted to opiates. AND whom are then faced with the reality that if left untreated, they're addiction could become/remain active......thus harming and possibly killing themselves and they're unborn child.
Miss H, I believe, did research before she became pregnant, and weighed her options. She deserves ALL of OUR support. Spike,if you're intrested in looking at some actual research on the effects of Sub on pregnant women/babies.......feel free to go to the NIH website (Dr.Junig even has a link for this paper). I would like to think that a recovering opiate addict (like yourself) would have more compassion and respect then to degrade a pregnant women.

Miss H-I apologize for not reaching out to you since you've become preggers to see if you have any questions or just to lend my support. Please PM me if you'd like any information about my pregnancy or the birth of my lil man. Good Luck! I hope you are doing well!

Post subject: Here Here
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:46 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Marie - very very well said.

Spike - sorry I know you are new around here, but please try to not be too naive and please show compassion and understanding. You have come along way if I remember reading your recent recovery story, but you have a lot of things to learn. Sorry if that sounds harsh. But try toopen your mind a little bit further.

Marie - how is you little one? MissH - You have a lot of love and support here. Very excited to follow your pregancy story.

Lots of Love folks

C xxx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:20 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Thanks Babydoll!

My lil guy (well, he's not so little anymore) is ten weeks old, and already weighs about 15lb's! He weighed 7lbs 6oz when he was born. He eats ALOT!! Im breastfeeding him, but my milk must not be rich enough for him.......he was nursing like EVERY hr, so I've started supplementing him w/formula a couple times a day. AND.......he's already tried fruits! Only small amounts of course, but, he's tried peaches, cherries, necterines, and HE LOOOOVES ORANGES!! He's also eaten carrots......on a binky.......I know it sounds silly, but, since he's not too good w/a spoon yet, we dip his pacifier in the jar of carrots.........Voila!! A quiet, happy baby........for at least 30min!
I love my baby! I was in a really bad relationship when my seven yr old was a baby. I feel like I missed alot of oppurtunities to enjoy her as much as I could have whenever she was little like this. Having a new baby.......at a time in my life when Im STABLE, happy, and in a good marriage, is a blessing......and a second chance to embrace motherhood! I LOVE those fat rolls babies get!! And the smell of a baby (with exception of they're poopy pants)......is heavenly!

MissH-Your in for a treat! Your gonna love being a mommy. Whenever you see your baby for the first time......its the most beautiful, overwhelming experience! Keep taking care of yourself.....and please contact me if you have any questions or need advice/support.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:49 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Well I must be the exception, for me sub INCREASED my fertility lol. I became pregnant very unexpectedly and just found out 2 days ago I'm pregnant. I'm going to try and taper off (I'm at 4 mgs a day right now and want to taper off within a few weeks) I have nothing against women staying on it for thier pregnancy but my personal choice is to get off it. If I had subutex available to me I might consider staying on it but i'm in Canada and my screwy government has suboxone available but not subutex. My options were to switch to methadone and I don't want to or taper off of suboxone. I'm praying I can get off it without too much wd but I guess time will tell. Congrats on your pregnancy and wishing you a healthy happy 9 months!