It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:29 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Hey guys,
I mentioned in one of the other forums that I waited 40hrs after my last dose of a regular 260mg p/day oxy addiction for almost two years. At the 40 hr mark I actually felt less WD but decided to finally try a 3rd of a sub. Thankfully everything went off fine. I took another 3rd that evening and again this morning and made it to work after a tuff WD weekend. My question is that I only have 2 more Sub films left and wasnt' taking into consideration due to my own lack of knowledge that there could be WD symptoms from stopping the subs. From here on out I plan on breaking them up till I'm done with the remaining 2 packages. Can anyone give me some insight on what I can expect once the subs run out. Remember, I only had 3 to start and already started feeling better prior to taking the sub at about the 40hr mark of day two. Just want to make sure I am prepared for the next battle if needed.
Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:12 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I don't think I'm clear on what your plan was or is. You stopped your DOC and got only 3 films? What were you planning on using only 3 films for? Were you going to use it for a short-term taper to get you off the oxy? It is possible, I suppose, that you could have been able to withstand the w/d from the oxy and might not have needed the sub, but that's neither here nor there anymore. We can't go backwards, so let's just deal with where you are right now.

In order to do a short taper, you would have needed to start with a large(r) dose and then immediately start reducing your dose and continue doing so over the next few days/week. With only 3 films though, you really didn't have enough to work with, in my opinion. Doing this kind of taper is sort of like a balancing act trying to get the exact right amount of sub each day, weaning down step by step, just perfectly so that the last dose is the right amount to come off us w/o too much in the way of w/d, again, in my opinion.

There's no way anyone can predict how bad your w/d will be. You're not really going to be w/d'ing off suboxone. What you're going to be w/d'ing from is the OPIATES that you're using the sub to wean yourself off of. Your brain doesn't know the difference between different kinds of opiates. You're hooked on opiates, not a certain kind. To your brain, an opiate is an opiate is an opiate. You'll likely experience whatever type of w/d symptoms you've felt in the past. We all are a bit different with our w/d symptoms, each having our own special challenges.

I hope some of this helps you. I wish you the very best. We're here for you to support you in any way we can. Take care.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:21 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

If you weren't that uncomfortable and already started feeling better 40 hours after your last oxy pill, it seems like that would mean you were through the worst part of the withdrawal. I know oxy has a short half-life, so the wd probably started that day or the very next day. How did you feel ok after 40 hours??? I know I would've felt horrible at 40 hours because I felt pretty bad at 17 hours when I was inducted, and I took less than half of what you were taking daily.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:31 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

When i Initially said 40hrs it was 40hrs since my last 40mg oxy. Usually i would feel pretty shitty by 12hrs. The 40 hr mark was the time when I decided to try some Subox to help alleviate the W/D. At 40hrs I was no way in good shape, Its just that I felt less discomfort than the day before. I did feel like I made it through the tuffest part. I didn't go to a doctor for my subs, just your typical friend telling you take these for 3 days and you wont be sick anymore. The first time I tried to get off I only waited 12hrs before taking the Sub and went into PWD which made me go back on right away. The one thing I didn't learn about subs was that they could cause WD as well. So its been 6 days since my last oxy, I started using 2 mg of subox at the 40hr mark and have reduced my dose to 1 mg over the past couple of days. Tomorrow i plan to reduce. to .75 then .50 then .25. I just wanted to know if I would have any WD symptoms from using a low dose Sub for about 2wks?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:39 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Like I said above: "You're not really going to be w/d'ing off suboxone. What you're going to be w/d'ing from is the OPIATES that you're using the sub to wean yourself off of. Your brain doesn't know the difference between different kinds of opiates. You're hooked on opiates, not a certain kind. To your brain, an opiate is an opiate is an opiate."

I don't know if you didn't see what I wrote or you didn't understand it or what. You will NOT have w/d from JUST the suboxone. You are currently addicted/dependent/hooked (whatever you want to call it) to opiates - or if you'd rather look at it this way - you're really trying to get off the oxy's you got hooked on in the first place. Try to stop looking at it that you're now hooked on sub - you are not. You've been on it for only a couple of days, right? And yet you were on the oxys for much longer. Look at it that way and maybe that will help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:13 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Got it Maker,
Thanks. This has all been such a learning experience of what i could tolerate and how tuff I could be. There were many unknowns and I was able to quit (so far) pretty quickly. I understand what you are saying now. I just came to this forum after I searched for some similar people trying to quit the way I did. I only really found users who have been using Subs for a pretty long time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:16 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I hear ya, Hlpplz. I've been around this forum for almost 3 years and most of what I've learned I've picked up from this site, Dr. Junig, and my own research.

Don't be afraid to ask as many questions as you have. That's what we're here for. This stuff IS confusing as hell, especially for us non-medical people. So don't feel bad. But seriously, just ask anything you need or want to know and we'll do our best to assist.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:31 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Day15 since my last opiate And 3 dAys since mylast dose of sub. I stopped a 2 yr 400mg wk oxy habit by weaning myself doen till about 120mgs when i stopped. I then waited 40 hrs to take my first 2 mg sub bc was afraid of PwD. Weaning myself down everyday there After bc I had only 3 subs. The first day w/o subs in (about .25mg) was slightly noticeable. The second day was definitely tufted. I needed to take some klonopin to take the edge off to get thru the work day. Today iS day 3 off sub and I am ok. If it staysike this I should be homefree.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:52 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Sounds like you're doing OK so far. I'm very happy to hear it. Just go about your life and try not to think about it. Stay busy and as active as you can. The worst thing you can do is over-think it and freak yourself out expecting the worst.

It sounds like your taper might have worked out really well. Good on ya. Thanks for the update. :mrgreen:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:22 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Day 17 and doing ok. Completely off everything now. Was taking some kolonopin over the past 2 weeks now no more. My main reason for posting today is that besides feeling like I am dragging my ass around by noon, I also have been having some episodes of light headedness/dizzinesss. Ive been supplementing my diet with some extra calories from protein shakes as i want to start working out again. So I don't think its low blood sugar. I'm just cautious that I may pass out in the gym or something. The other night I bent over to get my dogs leash and I seriously thought I was going to fall over. I played it off as my wife wasn't paying attention. Definately took me a few seconds to get my bearings. I'm 37 years old. have always been in excellent shape (until i got addicted) and am wondering are these sides from being off opiates? Anyone have any similar experiences?