It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:10 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: It can be done!
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 8:38 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

31 days off suboxone after taking it for 6 years roughly 6-8 mg daily. I went 9 days at home and then another 10 days inpatient treatment center to help aide in taking care of me, did not want my family to deal with the bullshit. Anyway I am back at work now, super hard to get through the day, but it gets a little better each day. I go to meetings a few times a week, hit the gym hard, try not to isolate, and just know that I can NEVER have drugs again, NOT a God Dam option! Suboxone is a tough mother fucker and I am not here to say get off or get on, just telling my story and it was time to roll. Good luck to everyone, no one should have to feel the pain that we all have felt, it is fucking bullshit. But for me there is no turning back. One day at a time.

Post subject: Off Sub
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 11:20 pm 

Wow! A big congratulations on your success. Every person is different from what they say, so maybe I won't have too much trouble jumping off as long as I can get down to a nice low mg. W/d's weren't always that bad to me in the past so I'm bringing that positive thinking to this endeavor.

It is so refreshing to hear about one more Bup in the "Rear View Mirror"

I wish you continued sobriety.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 1:07 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

cbk1013, you get a great big HELL YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was too damn stupid and stubborn to go to meetings, it took a double relapse before I got the picture. I want to tell you how proud I am of you for putting together over a month off of Suboxone!! You da man!!

I remember your earlier posts well, you had gotten sick and somehow it seemed to put you into precipitated wd, like I had experienced. You were so completely lost and in serious pain to boot. I honestly didn't know if you were going to be able to hang on without taking a bunch of Sub to ease the pain, but you held on!! Not only did you hold on, you got so pissed, you quit Sub altogether. I also remember thinking, crap, this guy is in for a shit kickin', but you pulled it out man. So again, YOU DA MAN!!!!

Keep on Rockin' in the Free World!!!