It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:10 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:22 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I have been going to my doctor.for a month.now.i.currently go weekly. It was 75 a visit weekly. Can she jump my price up to 150a visit weekly.for no reason. She told me she was raising my price because she owes the government 8grand.. This seems unethical to me beings I signed a contract with her prices and they were agreed upon before I started visiting her.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:24 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

The short answer to your question is YES, your doctor can change her prices. Think of it this way, she's in private practice, which is pretty much just another form of a small business. She can set her prices at anything she wants, unless you have some written contract for a set amount of time at a set price, which doctors really don't do.

I do have an idea for you, though. Why not ask your doctor, since she did double the price of your office visits with no notice, if she can cut your visits down to twice a month only. That way you'd pay the same amount and only have to see her every other week. Be honest with her - tell her with that much of a price increase that you just might have to go in search of another doctor (or you can't pay your rent or put gas in your car, etc.) Plead with her if you have to, cry too - that can really help! (I don't know if you're a man or woman, but it's can't hurt either way). LOL.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out. I hope you can work something out with your doc.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:26 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Does this count as a contract? I had a whole packet of information describing her suboxone program. It had me sign and date each page saying I agree with the rules and such. One of the sheets was a price list stating what she charges and such. It says if you comebmore then once a month its 75 per.visit. And if you only come once a month it is 150. She has a copy of that paper signed by me, unfortunately I dont have a.copy as I thought I wouldnt have an issue like this. Is that considered a contract? Its a signed agrrement to her program... I guess it is then?

I have informed her that 150 a week plus 45 a week for my subs is just too expensive for me, just bought a house so money pretty.tight. She said she has to charge 150.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:42 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Yes, that sounds like a contract. If I were you, I'd extremely casually ask the front desk for a copy of your signed contract with the doctor. I wouldn't indicate it had anything to do with the money part of it. They might not want to give it up if they think it's about that. I'm assuming it has other things on it, like whether you get UA's, not to use other illicit drugs, etc, right?

That's what I would do - get my hands on that, if at all possible. If they won't give it to you, then I'd try to get a copy of my whole set of medical records and that form SHOULD be in there.

Good luck, because it sure sounds like your doctor is breaking a contract with you - assuming both of your signatures are on it.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.