It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 8:45 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Insurance carrier will not cover my office visits anymore after doing so for two years. They cover prescription costs at my pharmacist still though.
Doctors office demanded payment immediately at my last visit and I didn't have the available funds that day. Is this legal for them to do or are they supposed to at least give me a last script to detox myself with?
Without the coverage anymore I can't afford the doctor's visit to obtain my prescription. Lost and don't know what recourse I have...I managed to come up with the last payment but on a set monthly income I can't afford this...any helpful suggestions would be appreciated.

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 9:07 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Unfortunately I think they can but IMO its completely cold hearted and shows where that doctors motivations lie. It would literally change nothing for him to just call you in one last script to help you yet he's gonna hold you to the fire over a measly appt. fee? I don't what you can do but at the very least see if theres a place to leave reviews for this "doctor" online so you can at least get the word out that he's a heartless uncaring bastard. Sorry I don't have any thing to offer you in the form of advice, I hope you figure something out and get through this ok. How long have you been on subs and are you completely out or do you still have some left?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:09 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

He actually can cut you off for any reason or no reason unfortunately. However it does say in The Hippocratic Oath, "first do no harm". Any Dr who would do this is absolutely harming their pt.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:24 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I'm so sorry to hear this and understand how it feels after having my sub doctor drop me last week. You can read my thread titled: 100% ADDICTED to Suboxone in Stopping Suboxone part of the forum. I did lie to him, but admitted it to be completely honest. It backfired on me big time. I have no subs and in BIG TROUBLE right now. He wouldn't give me any to get by with!!!

I'm receive plenty of support and suggestions. I thought it was illegal, but found out the doctors can do as they choose in their own practice. You not being able to pay gives them a reason to drop you I guess. Hope you figure something out. Maybe make PARTIAL payments to keep going? See if they will allow you to do that. Give them some $$$ like $20 bucks to show good faith maybe.

Good luck. I hope it all works out for you. I've called probably a hundred sub doctors with ALL telling me they have no openings. It's so frustrating.

Sub Addict

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:09 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Wow I don't think you want to stay anyway but that's not the point, you need to find another Dr. I had an issue with my pain Dr. and I went on the sub. website and was able to find a better Dr. and much closer. If you need help contact me. Much luck