It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Can docs really do that?
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:47 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Ok I have this really big problem......i haVE TRIED SUBOXONE docs a while ago the only reason i quit was lack of funds...gotlaid off and had to draw unemployment for a while......Recently well Nov 3 i tried a doc out and only paid for 1 week and he only prescribed me one week up until the 10th.....then i got into another doctor...my appointment wasnt until the Nov 14 and the only reason i quit the first one was it was too high.......well this new one accepted me for my induction...so i borrow the money from dad and go there....they take my money210.00 and i have a reciept and everything... and they dose me their that day it was 20 MG was what they give me and sent me home with 8 mg....well i go back the next day because they check and see how your night was ya know....no bad reactions or anything and write me a prescription for two 8 mg films a day...and by the time i get it to rite aid....the pharmacist told me that my doc called him and told him to rip my prescription up because my doc said that i lied on my application....the lie was that i never told them i was in any suboxone doctors before them....and that wasnt even on the application......no matter if it was which it wasnt...it wouldn't be any of their business anyways.....now i cant get my money back.....or my weeks prescription that i paid for.......ARE THEY ALLOWED TO DO THIS.....Plz help they took all of my money and i dont want to use drugs again i just want in a suboxone doc so i can be better for myself first then my lil girl.....because if i aint no good for me....then i can never be good for her

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:02 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

[quote="woodknot27"]Ok I have this really big problem......i haVE TRIED SUBOXONE docs a while ago the only reason i quit was lack of funds...gotlaid off and had to draw unemployment for a while......Recently well Nov 3 i tried a doc out and only paid for 1 week and he only prescribed me one week up until the 10th.....then i got into another doctor...my appointment wasnt until the Nov 14 and the only reason i quit the first one was it was too high.......well this new one accepted me for my induction...so i borrow the money from dad and go there....they take my money210.00 and i have a reciept and everything... and they dose me their that day it was 20 MG was what they give me and sent me home with 8 mg....well i go back the next day because they check and see how your night was ya know....no bad reactions or anything and write me a prescription for two 8 mg films a day...and by the time i get it to rite aid....the pharmacist told me that my doc called him and told him to rip my prescription up because my doc said that i lied on my application....the lie was that i never told them i was in any suboxone doctors before them....and that wasnt even on the application......no matter if it was which it wasnt...it wouldn't be any of their business anyways.....now i cant get my money back.....or my weeks prescription that i paid for.......ARE THEY ALLOWED TO DO THIS.....Plz help they took all of my money and i dont want to use drugs again i just want in a suboxone doc so i can be better for myself first then my lil girl.....because if i aint no good for me....then i can never be good for her.should i call and get some legal advice or would it waste my time?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:49 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

So sorry your in a bad situation. Something does not sound right. Perhaps you could go to your doctor and verify with him what has happend. How did he know you were going to that particular pharmacy? I hope you get this figured out. I wish I could offer you some useful advise. Just be clear with your doctor.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:53 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Unfortunately I think it would be a waste of your time. You were paying the Dr for the visit not the script and since he saw you for your visit there isn't much you can do about getting your money back. If it were me I would go back to the Dr and explain what happened. Tell him you left the other Dr because of cost and if there was a place to list it on the application you must have missed it and didn't withhold the information intentionally. Tell him exactly what you posted here, that you are serious about recovery and want to get better.

I know you feel you did nothing wrong but the bottom line is you want help and if you apologize and suffer a little humility it is possible you can still get on sub and into recovery. This is just my take on the situation and what I would do in your shoes. I would definately swallow my pride for something this important.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:08 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I agree with Breezy. You need to swallow your pride at the doctor's office and explain things to them as best as you can. Like she said, just tell them what you told us and how it might be your last chance to get help for your addiction. Good luck and please let us know how it turns out.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:29 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

It's just been a misunderstanding. Approach the doctor with that in mind, and it will work out. And mention your financial situation as well, and hopefully the doctor will be understanding.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:00 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

The same thing almost happened to me yesterday I swiched for the same reason. I could heard the Dr. in the nurses station NOT happy that they allowed me to swich so early in my treatment. when he came in the offfice I was honest with him told him I was on his waiting list and when they called me that he was cheaper and that was the Main reason for the swich LUCKLY he was ok with it and took me I was shaking in my skin seriously.. but it worked out for me and the advise above is right.
I would get my records from your first (weekly) dr and report from pharmacy and bring it with you so he can see you did nothing wrong. It is sad because as patients we should have the right to choose who we wish. Then again lots of people are abusing subs and they are getting strick with them. In the office yesterday a guy was saying he was buying them off the street for $25 a strip so goes to show you what some are doing with them
GOOD LUCK
Mel :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:06 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

This doctor shopping for Subs culture doesn't make sense. It's aiming abit low, no? Like holding up a 7-11 for a stick of gum?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:49 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I agree that the approach that Breezy suggested is a good one. I also think that this doctor could have handled the situation with a bit more regard for the possibility that you were being honest. However, I find that a great many people come into their first few sessions with less than a full commitment to honesty and recovery. That is not a surprise, people can't just shut off addiction, lying, and manipulating just because they are in a doctor's office. Personally, I just assume that in the beginning my clients are not being totally honest. It's just part of the disease - until someone has a taste of recovery, of course they are not going to give themselves over to it. That said, the doctor probably should have spoken directly to you and explained his concerns, but just because he dropped the ball, doesn't mean you have to as well. Being the "better man," and explaining what happened with as much honesty as you can muster will result in a good outcome. It may not result in you getting subs, but it will move you along in your recovery. Only you know what really went down in your head, so after you determine what the most authentic, honest version of events really is, go back and tell him. Like I said, you may not get subs, but something positive will come from your effort.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:36 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Durham Dr,
I think it is Wonderful that you follow this forum. I checked out your website and What a Great Gift to your patients to love your work enough to come here and get "the real" story on addiction. The place where we come and just lay it on the table. Addict to addict not holding much back, i love reading your input it is good to know your opinion and you have giving some wise advise
Thank You

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:41 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Oh I forgot to add Dr. Durham, You hit it when you said it takes awhile to be serious about getting honest. I just started my 3rd month and now I'm ready to get honest and move forward putting it all on the table and let the chips fall where they may. it feels great to,to get to this point in my recovery.