It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:19 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

1.dOES COCAINE clear off the ceptors so u ca then use a full agaonist and feel euphoria???
I ask this question for a number of reasons...mostly for safty!! I no Narcane obviously but i personally have felt this cleaning of the coke and feeling more than i anticated in the past, not considering the consequences, so anyone with some feedback i would appreciate greatly

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:03 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

It does not, IME. Gotta ask, though, what would be the point of trying? I made the mistake of doing coke while on ORT, and it took me down, no big surprise.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:39 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

It's my understanding that coke interrupts the dopamine receptor re-uptake. Something like the little dudes in your brain that 'sweep away' the dopamine are turned off. So, whatever dopamine the brain is releasing just keeps piling up and making you feel...well, you know.

So, coke does not 'clear off' the receptors.

Your not about to do what I think you are, are you? You're still trying to get stabilized on sub again after a nasty battle with 'super mud' and a craptacular induction...the last thing you want to do is throw blow into the mix. IT'S NOT WORTH IT. I'd like to tell you to get your head out of your butt, but I don't want to be mean. :wink:

Let the sub do it's thing and if you don't have one, get a good couselor. Suboxone alone is not always the answer, man.

Good luck

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:59 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

hONESTLY AND THAT WHAT THIS IS FOR ME, A chance to be honest with others including myself, I wnt thru HELL trying to back on my subs, and i do get a regular script from my pcp, but for years they helped primarely with my cravings and of coarse gave me the chance to aquire things back in my life i otherwise never would have been able to do. I feel GREAT today physically but im a mental mess which i guess is just hard for me to accept because isnt that what its marketed to do? I dreamed all last night about that shit that made me so ill just a few nights ago and it really scares the shit out of me considering that was the worst hell ive been thru EVER!!! This built in forgetter inside us can really suck sometimes... Another thing that i have saved over $1,000 dollars in the last 4 days!!!! just not picking up DOPE!!! I mean thats huge logically i guess to me, but gives me no sincere satisfaction. I know one of my biggest triggers are acceptance, being able to accept life on its terms and not mine. It just feels like its not ok to walk around not feeling good, and sometimes a night or two of almost the most unthinkable torture can seem appetizing compared to a year or two of mental misery and depression.. Yes im sure i sound like im trying to justify going back to feeling the way i want to which is so selfish because it does not only effect me but my family as well... I really wish i was broke sometimes...lthats another trigger is money!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:29 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

You said, "This built in forgetter inside us can really suck sometimes... ", it's called re-generative thinking, happened to me A LOT. It's also called addiction. It will get better with time. Do you have a certified drug counselor...I wouldn't have made it without him. He helped me understand the addictive thoughts I would get and that alone helped tremendously. Recovery is a process, it takes time and usually help from others too. I strongly urge you to talk to a counselor, I know...I hated the thought of it too. HATED it with a vengenance, but it helped so much.

You also said, "It just feels like its not ok to walk around not feeling good,", we addicts convince ourselves of this fact. We don't remember that life has it's ups and downs and that feeling normal, for a lot of us, isn't appealing. Sometimes it's due to another underlying medical issue. Recovery is also hard, why do think so many fail.

I can't remember how much sub you take, you may need to increase your dose. Talk to your doctor.

I'm trying hard not to sound like a 'sober know it all', please, please forgive me if I have. I have been where you are and I'm just trying to help. I am by no means perfect, just ask my wife :).

Thank you for being so honest and I hope I didn't offend with my prior comment about your head and your butt...I probably shouldn't have said that...sorry.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:17 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

nO OFFENSE, i needed to hear that cuz its the truth. I hate when people sugarcoat things. I myself have been in intense recovery and understand the feelings im in store for. I dont have a drug counselor which sounds like i could benefit from. As much as i crave that warm feeling rushing throughout my body and making everything ok, I crave to get Control back of my life, and be the Man i always pictured myself to stand for. I am on currently on 8mgs a day, of coarse ive taken a lil more than that over the induction but ive already stabalized at 8mgs (day 4). I suppose one of the biggest things i was never able to accept is that i always have reservations, I always wish i could get high no matter how much sober time i have got....Mind u the most time ive had was 6 months and that was no sub, no nothing... at least this time i thought the sub would really help with my cravings and my obsession as it has so well in the past...U may be right and i may have to accept i need a higher dose,which im not sure i will do. The question comes down to will i go to any length to keep what i have right now, these 4 days of getting back on my subs... Im proud of myself for the fact i made it thru those preciapated wd,s butim not proud of the way i feel mentally, even though i know its normal it somehow doesnt seem to be making it easier....Still having mild rls at night even on the subs....I fear going back in forth from sub to active use, and back to back to back over the l;ast 2 years has really damaged something up-stairs. Just not a good day man...but im not poking myself so i guess thats what matters right now...one day at a time

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:00 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Just curious, why the reservations on going to a higher dose of sub?

You should not be having RLS at night while on sub. It usually knocks the hell out of RLS. Another reason I would say you may temporarily need to be on a bit higher dose.

I feared the RLS more than any of the withdrawal symptoms, because I would get it so bad whenever I would be in wd. Whole damn body twitching, arms shooting out uncontrollably, legs jumping and jerking, etc. The sub knocked them out cold. I was on 16mg sub per day when I started though.