It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:07 am 
New Poster
New Poster

They have a half moon on one side and 155 on the other. I have only ever had the name brand strips and pills

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:34 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Welcome PDW169 - I'm taking the Actavis generic Buprenorphine 8mg tablets without the Naloxone. They are orange and elliptical shaped with a sword stamped on one side and "153" on the other. Everything I've been able to find about them is mostly positive. I really enjoy getting the mono product without the naloxone because of the high cost of the combo product. Mine break apart easily and are just tart enough to make me salivate.

I've been rinsing my mouth with hot water for a minute before I put it into my mouth. I've found that this helps with absorption into the blood vessels and capillaries. This is something you may want to consider if you are switching from the strips. From what I've read there are some people who have said that the strips are a little stronger due to better bioavailability. You shouldn't notice much difference if you're just switching tablets though.

But everybody is different and your sensitivity to a medication may be different from mine. I've been using the same brand tablets since the beginning of my treatment and I love them. Well, I love what they do for me. How long have you be on subs? Please, tell us a little about yourself and your story. We have a great community here with people that really care about each other's sobriety, regardless of where an individual may be in their journey. I try to be supportive instead of judgemental and that's what I get from the others here.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:10 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

The Actavis manufactured generics are among the better ones IMO. I have noticed they are way more effective than HiTech. Plus they sometimes come in blister packs. Blister packs protect the tabs from moisture exposure maintaining integrity.

I just graduated from an allied health program with an enormous pharmacology component. Bioavailability of generics can vary by up to 20% where plasma levels are concerned. The Actavis tabs are some of the best. I take subox for chronic spinal pain, 2mg/day. The Actavis tabs control my pain better than others.

This is only anecdotal, but I tend to stay away from HiTech