It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:02 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Are there any countries that don't treat bupe like it's legal heroin as they do in America? Is there not one single country on this whole damn planet where I could vacation to 1-2x's a year and easily buy the medication I need to live a healthy, normal, and WORRY-FREE life?

Has anybody ever bought bupe in other countries without having to enter into "treatment", sign over your rights, give up your privacy, and be treated like a criminal out on parole?

Post subject: Curious Too
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:54 pm 

Yea, I too would like to know the answer to that one. But from what I've read in the past, Bup is easier to obtain here in the U.S. then it is in Canada or Europe. It may vary in Europe depending on where you are but it seems it is really restrictive everywhere else but here. It's treated more like Methadone is treated here. Reporting every day or only getting a couple of days worth.

If there is another country that lets people buy it freely I'd love to know too.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:32 pm 
blueindian wrote:
Are there any countries that don't treat bupe like it's legal heroin as they do in America? Is there not one single country on this whole damn planet where I could vacation to 1-2x's a year and easily buy the medication I need to live a healthy, normal, and WORRY-FREE life?

Has anybody ever bought bupe in other countries without having to enter into "treatment", sign over your rights, give up your privacy, and be treated like a criminal out on parole?

You think we have it bad?? Talk to tearjerker. Where he lives, Sub patients have to go to the pharmacy almost every day for their dose. ORT (opiate replacement therapy) is illegal in Russia, I know.

It's easier to buy percs/vics overseas than bupe, but I've heard some steroid websites sell buprenex ampules, supposedly without a prescription.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:43 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

What most people do is tell their dr that they need a higher dose of bupe for example 32mg per day. which would be 4 8mg tabs. they stay with the program for a month or 2 and basically hoard a bunch of pills. typically some people i have spoken to get by ok on 8m-4mg a day but they tell their doctor otherwise. Not because they want to abuse the pills but by saving an extra 3 pills every day over the course of 2 months is an extra 180 tabs. which if you were only taking 8mg a day would last you half a year and save you the cost of paying for a dr and having to go to the pharmacy every day to get new meds. So thats the only solution i think is worth doing. It would be nice if regular family doctors or pain clinics would just prescribe it to people just like any other pain med and let you take home a month supply at a time. But for some reason it doesnt work that way. Hopefully one day that will change. I dont know anyone who is on Suboxone that has every been irresponsable with their meds.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:23 pm 
Zunit wrote:
What most people do is tell their dr that they need a higher dose of bupe for example 32mg per day. which would be 4 8mg tabs. they stay with the program for a month or 2 and basically hoard a bunch of pills. typically some people i have spoken to get by ok on 8m-4mg a day but they tell their doctor otherwise. Not because they want to abuse the pills but by saving an extra 3 pills every day over the course of 2 months is an extra 180 tabs. which if you were only taking 8mg a day would last you half a year and save you the cost of paying for a dr and having to go to the pharmacy every day to get new meds. So thats the only solution i think is worth doing. It would be nice if regular family doctors or pain clinics would just prescribe it to people just like any other pain med and let you take home a month supply at a time. But for some reason it doesnt work that way. Hopefully one day that will change. I dont know anyone who is on Suboxone that has every been irresponsable with their meds.

My Subutex scripts are written for 30 day periods, and I only see the doc every 2 months. When I run out, I have the pharmacy fax a refill request to his office and he signs it, same for my Temazepam.

I've been seeing him for about 8 months now. When I first started, I went every two weeks, then every month, and now every two months. I never fail the drug test except for weed, which he told me at the beginning he doesn't care if his patients smoke, as long as they aren't using dope, pills, coke, etc.

Is this not normal? Your scripts are written for 2 weeks?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:54 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

If I were you, I'd travel to a country where you're sure that it's permitted to be used as a substitution therapy. I'm thinking most of the more developed countries, like UK, Australia, Canada, Any European Union country etc. Contact their embassy and get the lowdown. Get a letter from the embassy to present to customs when you come in, along with a note from your doctor.

You'll really need to do your homework on the other countries, or any countries for that matter. Ones you'll certain need to steer clear of are Singapore (an easy mistake given airport transfers), Thailand, UAE. A lot of the less developed countries can be unpredictable too, and even if you end up with a letter etc, if the customs man don't like it you may be in for pain. Even if bupe is prescribed there. I've known people who've travelled into Russia quite easy just because customs were relaxed.

You will find it very difficult to sign up to a program here in Oz because it's for citizens. But that doesn't mean you won't be able to travel in with your supply, as long as you cover all your bases.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:02 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I'm in Wales, UK we don't pay a penny for suboxone but we don't sign our life away for it. I go to the pharmacy daily but that gets me out of the house doing exercise, walking. I'd be scared to have scripts of suboxone as I know I'd abuse it n I want to get out of that behaviour. I like that it is controlled in that way personally. I'd be scared to have a month worth of suboxone. I even abuse my SSRI antidepressants when feel down. I took 12 of them n had to go 4 days without celexa (citralopram) so I'm glad I have to go to Pharmacy daily.
Are you
Not frightened of receiving monthly scripts???

Don't one day, SAY TODAY!
There is always a solution to the problem

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:06 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Can you not fly with your supply as long as you let customs know? Sorry I've never been on a plane to know lol.