It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:43 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Please will someone answer this question. Will suboxone and butrans show up the same on a pain management drug screen? I can't find this answer anywhere. I wld think it wld show up the same,but I wasn't sure. Thanks

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:32 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Yes, same active drug, buprenorphine.

540 Greenhaven Road #201|Anoka, MN 55303
(763)250.0702
http://www.facebook.com/TpnServiceCompanies
Person-centered counseling, education, advocacy, referral services and assessments.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:42 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

So,the test will not show naloxone?

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:34 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Generally, drug tests are testing for the presence or absence of certain substances. When testing for opiates, they're testing for agonists like morphine, oxycodone, or partial agonists like buprenorphine in this case and don't test for antagonists like naloxone.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:16 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

If you are/have taken Suboxone sublingually, very little to none is absorbed by mucous membranes. I'm guessing the kind of drug test you are talking about taking is testing for chemicals of abuse and/or medications you are prescribed. Even in a methadone clinic setting that tests specifically to make sure patients are taking their Suboxone and not diverting it, only buprenorphine is tested for not Naloxone. You'll be fine as related to your upcoming test!

(763)250.0702
Person-centered counseling, education, advocacy, referral services and assessments.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:02 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Thank you for replying. I have been on multiple sites and no one seems to want to answer my question. My Dr. Keeps switching my meds and he gave me these butrans patches and they don't even begin to touch my pain. I had a rx of suboxone left over from when I was on it before. I just want pain to go away at least a lil bit. If I call him after I've been to tell him it isn't working,he gets pissed and says I signed a contract saying that for no reason shld I be calling about my meds
......im in the process of switching Dr.,though

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:58 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I hope you feel your question was answered here?!

In my last post I was actually going to say that if you are flip-flopping to Suboxone while already on Butrans it's likely because your dose isn't high enough to control your pain. Did the Suboxone seem to help your pain to a greater degree? If so, find a Suboxone prescribing DR.

Some people do have better luck with Suboxone/Subutex especially people who went from full agonist opioids to Butrans, they just don't get the relief they expect. Buprenorphine even in Suboxone doesn't provide the noticeable 'relief' of oxycodone or morphine or methadone but you also don't need to increase the dosage indefinitely. With narcotics there will always be some unhappy campers because eventually a patient will require a dose that a DR isn't comfortable prescribing so treating chronic pain with narcotics is the true double-edged sword in my book. Needed sometimes, absolutely, but very tricky for everyone involved. I wish you the best of luck!

(763)250.0702

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:21 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

wow sorry I know that this post was from a long time ago but that is messed up of your doctor to get mad at you for calling about your meds not working. Never have I heard of that. My dad always tells his patients to call if something isn't working. That's messed up yo!