It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:48 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Need a little advice or if anyone can share their experience with taking generic or brand Subutex.
I've been taking Suboxone for over a yr now. After my husband and I found out we were pregnant a few months ago, we decided it would be best for myself and for our baby to switch to Subutex. Yesterday morning was my first dose of Buprenorphine Sl/8mg. I asked the pharmacy to fill my script w/generic Subutex instead of brand because of cost and because I assumed there wouldn't be any difference (other than price) between the two. Anyways, not that Im looking for a "high", but usually after I take my suboxone in the morning, I feel a little more energetic and less tense. I felt NOTHING after I took my first dose of Bupe. I tried not to worry about it and began my day. Thoughout the day, I became increasingly aggravated, short fused, headache. After I got home from work, I took my second dose (Im prescribed two 8mg tabs/daily).....this is when I began to feel really bad. After my second dose, my headache became unbearable, stomach pain, nausea, shaking.....reminded me of being in w/drwal. This really worried me, so I went back to my pharmacy. They still owed me half of my script because when I got it filled they only had 30 Bupe tabs in stock. I told them what I was going thru and requested to have the other half of my script filled w/brand Subutex (hoping this would make a difference). I was RIGHT! Today I bean taking brand (Subutex) and I feel so much better. I know this sounds crazy, but has anyone had a similar experience or any input/advise? If the Bupe is gonna make me sick, I guess I'll just hafta make the 30 Subutex tabs last for the month. This whole thing is so weird to me.