It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:02 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I found this link while perusing the Forum. I'm very young in my recovery & this site talks in very simple terms. I've printed out several pages & refer to them often while trying to get stable on my current Bupe dose.

I hope it will help others as well!

http://www.helpmegetoffdrugs.com/index
:)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:16 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I can't speak for the rest of the site, but I think their summary below on the purpose of buprenorphine
is well stated.

Quote:
Summary: The purpose of buprenorphine treatment is not to assist in detox or to maintain a person's customary opioid use, but to suppress the debilitating symptoms of cravings and withdrawal. This enables the patient to engage in therapy, counseling and support, which they use to implement positive long-term changes in their lives. It's these changes that develop into the new healthy patterns of behavior necessary to achieve sustained addiction remission.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:06 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I like it. Its mostly in line w what we say here. What is curious to me about this site is there is NO site owner info. Who or what group is behind this? Seems odd that they don't say.

What they do say is mostly in line w this site and much is taken from here. They discuss dry mouth from full opiates use resulting in teeth decay which starts LONG LONG LONG before starting bup. As every DDS knows!!!! But this site then translates it to bup might cause decay yet they provide no proof of this. I had teeth issues LONG before bup. I didn't have dry mouth on bup.

Are they associated w NAABT, National Alliance of Advocates for Buprenorphine Treatment? Who also don't say who they are other than state they are a non profit organization charged w educating on bup, reducing addiction stigma and connecting folks in need of bup providers, ALL -- very needed -- and very helpful.

Edit again for spelling.

Last edited by Pelican on Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:47 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Yeah, I love that site. There's so much easy-to-understand information about Bupe treatment. And it's laid out in a nice format that is easy to explore. I wish I had large sections memorized so I could educate anybody on the spot that has questions, or more importantly, has been misinformed.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:09 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Pelican wrote:
I like it. Its mostly in line w what we say here. What is curious to me about this site is there is NO site owner info. Who or what group is behind this? Seems odd that they don't say.

What they do say is mostly in line w this site and much is taken from here. They discuss dry mouth from full opiates use resulting in teeth decay which starts LONG LONG LONG before starting bup. As every DDS knows!!!! But this site then translates it to bup might cause decay yet they provide proof of this. I had teeth issues LONG before bup. I didn't have dry mouth on bup.

Are they associated w NAABT, National Alliance of Advocates for Buprenorphine Treatment? Who also don't say who they are other than state they are a non profit organization charged w educating on bup, reducing addiction stigma and connecting folks in need of bup providers, ALL -- very needed -- and very helpful.

awesome, i didn't know National Alliance of Advocates for Buprenorphine Treatment existed. thanks for that! and thanks to them.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:48 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Sis, ya. folks and their families use the NAABT site alot including their Dr search. Mike in Austin a poster here, got an appt reply in 10". Others are on LONG waiting lists there and on other Dr lists. Still seems worth a try.

I'm a guidelines kinda person so I'd love it if we had a section here that did some of the same as both sites, the one Dee was good enough to post on above and NAABT.

When I win the lottery I'll see if Dr J is willing to entertain a new site section.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:53 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Pelican wrote:
Hey Sis, ya. folks and their families use the NAABT site alot including their Dr search. Mike in Austin a poster here, got an appt reply in 10". Others are on LONG waiting lists there and on other Dr lists. Still seems worth a try.

I'm a guidelines kinda person so I'd love it if we had a section here that did some of the same as both sites, the one Dee was good enough to post on above and NAABT.

When I win the lottery I'll see if Dr J is willing to entertain a new site section.

i found my new dr on suboxones site.
i also used the link here where you put in what your looking for and a dr replys. i got 2 replies immediately, but they were a little further than i wanted to travel. not too far, just in the opposite direction from where i travel to work, so it didn't seem doable.