It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:57 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi there - I've been on Sub for the last 6 weeks and have tapered from starting at 4mgs/day down to 1mgs/day. Over the next couple days I plan on going down to .5mg/day.

My problem/question - I may have to take a work related drug test in the next day or two and I know it includes a bupe panel. It's not a fancy test just a 12-panel positive or negative test, but like I said it does include BUPE. My sub doctor says my dose is so low at 1mg/day (and maybe .5/day by the time I take the test) that it won't show as positive on a simple pos/neg panel test. Can anyone confirm this or share their experience?

Thank you!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:23 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I wouldn't bet your life that you'll be under the threshold to test positive at 1mg. I'm sorry to say.

Right about now I'd be considering ways to minimise bupe content in your urine - ie flushing - and not dosing the next two days. Or contacting your doc and asking for some kind of letter saying you're prescribed bupe for legitimate painkilling reasons (given he's sure you won't need to use it anyway).

Those tests are quite sensitive, and 1mg of buprenorphine is still a large dose considering normal painkilling doses max out at 0.2mg.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:25 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

tearj3rker wrote:
I wouldn't bet your life that you'll be under the threshold to test positive at 1mg. I'm sorry to say.

Right about now I'd be considering ways to minimise bupe content in your urine - ie flushing - and not dosing the next two days. Or contacting your doc and asking for some kind of letter saying you're prescribed bupe for legitimate painkilling reasons (given he's sure you won't need to use it anyway).

Those tests are quite sensitive, and 1mg of buprenorphine is still a large dose considering normal painkilling doses max out at 0.2mg.

Thanks for your input TJ. I tend to agree with you, but the only reason I think there is a chance of a negative result is b/c this is my second stint on subs. My other experience, about two years ago with the same dr, had me test negative for bupe on a lab test that the sub dr uses and at that point I was at about 1.5mg/day. then again, I'm sure there are many factors that contribute to a + vs a - result. I did skip yesterday, but my legs were killing me this AM and I started to have that feeling of wearing "lead suit" so I went ahead and took a .5. Hopefully I don't have to take this test, but the thought of it is making me anxious.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:12 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Good luck!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:24 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I hope it comes out negative. But, why can't you be on subs? If they work and keep you off of the drugs that fog our minds? This is terrible. You maybe absolutely correct in your assessments. Don't think missing a day will ever help because this drug has a half life which means only 1/2 dissipates. Slow process. at 8 mg. you hit 4 mg. at 37 hours. Then it will go to 2 mg. at the following 37 then it goes to 1 mg. etc. Why we don't go into full fledged detox for around a week when we take our last dose. So don't skip the w/d suck if you can't take the muscle pains. It won't help anyway.... Good luck. If you need anymore help please write me.

Post subject: water
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:12 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

drink lots of water on the day before the test and day of, urinate a lot before the test, dont allow the first urine from the stream into the collection cup, and hope that the increase in water does not affect the test in regards to the specific gravity of the sample. You might want to take some xxtra clean, it is one of those masking juices, it helps with spec. gravity and it boosts the creatine level in your urine so they dont think you are messing with the test or adulterating the sample.