It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Bupe prices
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:36 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hey everyone..I've just recently switched over from the suboxone film to Zubsolv. One thing that I've noticed is the Zubsolv doesn't seem to be as strong or last as long or Something..I can't put my finger on it yet. My question is has anyone found a form of Bupe that is any cheaper than the two that I named. Are the bupe/nalox tablets any cheaper? I live in Chattanooga Tn. Thanks for any input!

Post subject: Re: Bupe prices
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:48 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Thats interesting and if it were any other pill Id probably make the guess that it is placebo and in your head just because you are adjusting to a change in meds because that happens to me sometimes too but in the case of zubsolv it actually might be really happening. The manufacturer of zubsolv only puts 5.7mg of bupe into an 8mg pill and only 1.4mgs into their 2mg tablet because they claim there tablet is so efficient at dissolving that you will absorb more bupe from their lesser dosed tablets than you would from the "inferior" 8mg and 2mg tablets from another company. Basically you are paying the same amount of money (or more I dont know what they cost) for less medication. I dont eve think they even have any legit research to back their claim that their lower dosed tablets will be as potent or more than a regular 8mg tab. Sounds like a marketing scam through and through to me. Maybe you are just getting under dosed because the lower dosed pill aren't working as they claim to be.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:50 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Here is what is currently available, and my best guess about prices (some prices I KNOW, some I am guessing):

Note that EACH product, in studies, creates the same blood level of buprenorphine.

Suboxone Film, 8 mg: about 25% of drug absorbed on average. Costs about $8 per dose. Covered by most insurers-- and a zero copay coupon is at the manufacturer web site.

Zubsolv 5.7 mg: I believe it costs a bit less than Suboxone film. It creates the same blood level because about 35% gets absorbed into the bloodstream. It achieves better absorption by dissolving faster, and containing a carrier that helps it get through the mucous more efficiently.

Suboxone Tablets (Generic): All of these listed so far have the same ratio of buprenorphine to naloxone-- 8:2 ratio. Generic tabs cost about $5 each.

Buprenorphine tabs (generic Subutex): By far the least expensive, but prices vary by pharmacy. In my area, small pharmacies are the least expensive, and sell 8 mg tabs for about $2.50 each.

All of the products have their 'average blood levels' produced by the drug-- but if you are paying cash, use the methods on my blog to optimize buprenorphine absorption (google those words) and if you are like my patients, you will be fine on 4 mg per day.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:17 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I see we have two thread running-- please start only one thread, and delete it if there are no responses before starting a second thread.

If a mod knows how to combine this with the other, please do-- in the meantime, please avoid posting in this thread, but instead in the thread by the same name also found in the 'recent topics' section.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:04 pm 

The threads are merged! Feel free to respond to this thread now.

Amy