It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:50 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I broke my foot 2 years ago. Got hooked on oxycodone. Then I got hit by a car and tore my rotary cuff and my usage soared as I discovered how cold water extraction would rid me of killing my liver but also enabled me to purify my oxycodone usage. Was going through 40 pills a day of 5mg oxycodone. CWD put my world out of control - and I discovered it right after the docs took me off morphine for my rotary cuff surgery. I spiraled out of control, but kept my three jobs but lost my woman - she knew a sinking ship.

I went cold turkey at 40 5/325 oxycodones CWD and a heavy valium habit. The valiums got me through the WD. I had 4 days of hell. I reached day 8 or so and then got called into to work because we lost an editor. (I did not keep a diary so my days may be off a few here and htere) and dosed in on BUPRENORPHINE not suboxone to clean my mind up to get into the office.

I am using pure BUPE here - NOT SUBOXONE....That means I am getting .5mg pills. I am getting really confused I think I am supposed to know that when someone says 8mg suboxone they mean .5mg buprenorphine. Please correct me if I am wrong.

To make it to work I slowly induced up to 2mg bupe - generic from India. Worked wonders. That was 12 days ago. I have tapered from 2mg bupe to .5mg and that is taken mainly at .125 dosages as needed throughout the day hoping to set the stage for a .125 taper per day or two until I am down to nothing.

I had to go in for foot surgery today. My entire toe was blue from infection. They pulled a hangnail out about an 1/2 inch long and cut ALL skin from my toe to expose the toenail as it grew in. Once the novocaine wore off I am now in intense pain. I actually only did .25mg today - cut my pill in half and took valium because I am in China and the hospitals here are horrid. The fear was the biggest barrier, but the nail was turning green and I had to do something - I didn't want to lose a toe.

I am home safe and now wondering what to do about the pain. I did 4 ibuprophen but that is like peeing on forest fire.

Bupe IS a painkiller, but I only wanted a 14-28 day ride to get me off the oxycodone - keep my lucid for work. I am in this to be pill free, God bless you that use it long term and no disrespect if it keeps you clean, but I was clean - I was in the twilight of WD from oxycodone -not lucid enough to work but with a 2 month vacation enough time to get my brain back. I am a lawyer, editor and law professor.

I have F"d up before and came back from a 600 meth run after failing the bar exam. Also cold turkeyed... but lying in bed with a bottle of vodka and valiums for 2 weeks. The alcohol took out my pancreas 5 years later and with a 3-1 shot lived but now cannot drink. My pancreas took too much damage and I puke bile for days if I drink. I would sell my soul for a cold beer to this day - some days I feel like Jack in "The Shining", but it is Clockwork Orange, booze hurts me horribly and my body is incapable of absorbing it without causing me debilitating pain and sickness. So I don't drink because I can't. It is like my entire body is anabuse. So I stayed sober...1000 days or so, lost count. Then I had this surgery, found oxycodone OTC all I want dirt cheap and fell into a two year hole. Almost to the day at two years I cold turkeyed. Never missed work, but it changed my personality and I lost my love. That I must accept and move one.

SO, How does one deal with major pain while trying to taper down on Bupe? Does one use the bupe as a painkiller? That only sets my taper back? Will it reduce the pain if I take more? Is it an effective painkiller? I can't walk. My toe feels like it is on fire. The pain in engrossing. I have an assload of oxycodone but I know it won't work. It is China, I can get any drug I want mail ordered to my door. I am sober by choice...oxycodone just caught me off guard. Benzos are easy come easy go and I mainly use estazolam, the weakest, just for my GAD and a sleep disorder I had since I was a kid. I was physically and sexually abused as a child and started using after I was raped. I didn't get clean until I was 35 and still have been fighting for my life for sobriety. I did well over 1000 days - not even benzos. But I'm in rabbit hole again and am crawling out fast as I can.

Advice on whether use of bupe to deal with pain will hurt my very very effective taper. 2mg to .5mg in 10 days. I gotta be clean by Feb 6 - when I return to my usual 50-60 hour a week schedule. Hoping bupe is NOT part of the scene in 2 weeks.

Long story but the gist is how does one deal with pain while tapering off of bupe?

How does one manage pain on bupe? Up the boot or live with the pain?

Thanks, you are inspiring and your stories maintain my hope.[i][b]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:48 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

WalterE wrote:
I broke my foot 2 years ago. Got hooked on oxycodone. Then I got hit by a car and tore my rotary cuff and my usage soared as I discovered how cold water extraction would rid me of killing my liver but also enabled me to purify my oxycodone usage. Was going through 40 pills a day of 5mg oxycodone. CWD put my world out of control - and I discovered it right after the docs took me off morphine for my rotary cuff surgery. I spiraled out of control, but kept my three jobs but lost my woman - she knew a sinking ship.

I went cold turkey at 40 5/325 oxycodones CWD and a heavy valium habit. The valiums got me through the WD. I had 4 days of hell. I reached day 8 or so and then got called into to work because we lost an editor. (I did not keep a diary so my days may be off a few here and htere) and dosed in on BUPRENORPHINE not suboxone to clean my mind up to get into the office.

I am using pure BUPE here - NOT SUBOXONE....That means I am getting .5mg pills. I am getting really confused I think I am supposed to know that when someone says 8mg suboxone they mean .5mg buprenorphine. Please correct me if I am wrong.

To make it to work I slowly induced up to 2mg bupe - generic from India. Worked wonders. That was 12 days ago. I have tapered from 2mg bupe to .5mg and that is taken mainly at .125 dosages as needed throughout the day hoping to set the stage for a .125 taper per day or two until I am down to nothing.

I had to go in for foot surgery today. My entire toe was blue from infection. They pulled a hangnail out about an 1/2 inch long and cut ALL skin from my toe to expose the toenail as it grew in. Once the novocaine wore off I am now in intense pain. I actually only did .25mg today - cut my pill in half and took valium because I am in China and the hospitals here are horrid. The fear was the biggest barrier, but the nail was turning green and I had to do something - I didn't want to lose a toe.

I am home safe and now wondering what to do about the pain. I did 4 ibuprophen but that is like peeing on forest fire.

Bupe IS a painkiller, but I only wanted a 14-28 day ride to get me off the oxycodone - keep my lucid for work. I am in this to be pill free, God bless you that use it long term and no disrespect if it keeps you clean, but I was clean - I was in the twilight of WD from oxycodone -not lucid enough to work but with a 2 month vacation enough time to get my brain back. I am a lawyer, editor and law professor.

I have F"d up before and came back from a 600 meth run after failing the bar exam. Also cold turkeyed... but lying in bed with a bottle of vodka and valiums for 2 weeks. The alcohol took out my pancreas 5 years later and with a 3-1 shot lived but now cannot drink. My pancreas took too much damage and I puke bile for days if I drink. I would sell my soul for a cold beer to this day - some days I feel like Jack in "The Shining", but it is Clockwork Orange, booze hurts me horribly and my body is incapable of absorbing it without causing me debilitating pain and sickness. So I don't drink because I can't. It is like my entire body is anabuse. So I stayed sober...1000 days or so, lost count. Then I had this surgery, found oxycodone OTC all I want dirt cheap and fell into a two year hole. Almost to the day at two years I cold turkeyed. Never missed work, but it changed my personality and I lost my love. That I must accept and move one.

SO, How does one deal with major pain while trying to taper down on Bupe? Does one use the bupe as a painkiller? That only sets my taper back? Will it reduce the pain if I take more? Is it an effective painkiller? I can't walk. My toe feels like it is on fire. The pain in engrossing. I have an assload of oxycodone but I know it won't work. It is China, I can get any drug I want mail ordered to my door. I am sober by choice...oxycodone just caught me off guard. Benzos are easy come easy go and I mainly use estazolam, the weakest, just for my GAD and a sleep disorder I had since I was a kid. I was physically and sexually abused as a child and started using after I was raped. I didn't get clean until I was 35 and still have been fighting for my life for sobriety. I did well over 1000 days - not even benzos. But I'm in rabbit hole again and am crawling out fast as I can.

Advice on whether use of bupe to deal with pain will hurt my very very effective taper. 2mg to .5mg in 10 days. I gotta be clean by Feb 6 - when I return to my usual 50-60 hour a week schedule. Hoping bupe is NOT part of the scene in 2 weeks.

Long story but the gist is how does one deal with pain while tapering off of bupe?

How does one manage pain on bupe? Up the boot or live with the pain?

Thanks, you are inspiring and your stories maintain my hope.[i][b]

Thanks for sharing your story. All I can say is hang in there. Keep reading the posts on this forum to get you through. It is helping me.