It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:10 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:25 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Does anyone know how to go about bringing my suboxone perscription to mexico. I'm going on vacation and i don't want any hassel. I'm not going to a very turisty place and have to drive through two police check points. (because of all the drug violence there they have check points everywhere where the check for smugglers.) I'm not worried because they tippically are only looking for big drug smugglers not former addicts from america. I just want everyhting to be legit, and don't want to much hassel. I'm going with my girlfreinds father and it would be imbarrising if somehting would happen.

BTW. I have tried to see if they carrie it in mexico and if it might be cheaper but they don't. I have never found a pharmacy in mexico that carries it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:01 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hi JoeKing,
As subutex and suboxone are both trade names, the Mex pharmacies may not have heard of it. Have you tried asking them for Buprenorphine (the active ingredient) instead? As I know from personal experience that Mexican pharmacies carry a lot of stuff that is illegal in the US e.g. anabolic steroids, you may have more luck emquiring along that route instead. Just a thought, and I hope you find what you're looking for.

Post subject: Buprenorphine in Mexico
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:07 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

JoeKing, I just looked for some mex pharmacies that stock buprenorphine. Check out the following links
www.opioids.com/offshorepharmacy
ws.infospace.com/cyberdefender_EDC/ws/redir/qcat=Web/qcoll=relevance/qkw=Mexican%20

Hope these are helpful bro, and have a great trip!

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:21 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey thanks!! I should of known to ask for buprenorphine!! so i probably won't have trouble carring it through the checkpoints right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:20 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Joe, I dont know about the checkpoints, bear in mind that bupe is still a prescription only item in the US so if you try to bring some back from Mexico you could be charged with smuggling? I'm from the UK so not sure about the law on your side of the pond. Whatever you do, keep self preservation at the forefront of your mind at all times.
BTW that second link I gave you needs a prefix, try this instead.
http://ws.infospace.com/cyberdefender_E ... ceUrl=true

Hope all goes well mate.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:28 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Lookin in here:

http://www.indro-online.de/mexico.htm

and for the letter template:

http://www.indro-online.de/forms.htm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:50 pm 
I would not expect you to have any problems with taking your meds out of the country as long as you take them in their ORIGINAL prescription bottle with your name, etc. etc. all on there and your ID to prove they belong to you. I have heard of problems arising when someone tries to just bring a few pills of this or that in say a ziplock bag or unmarked Rx container. So just make sure any and all medication you have on you is in its proper container.
I would be leary of trying to purchase medications and bring them across from Mexico to the US. I would think that could get you into some issues. Personally, I don't think it would be worth the trouble it might cause.
I have no expert advise on the issue, just what I have read or been told by others. What I have recommended also just makes good common sense to me.
Hope that helps a little and good luck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:58 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I would never try to bring them back. although would it be leagle if i had the perscription? I have herd that people fill there perscriptions in canada because it is cheaper. Not sure. I was looking for it in mexico last year when my flight was cancled and I was stuck for another two days. I should have never cut it so close with my meds, but what can I say? I didn't find any, however; I did find out that Ultram is leagle over the counter in mexico. It also comes in pure form. (no APAP or anything like that.) I was able to get enough to feel better untill I got back home. If I ever bought buprenophine in mexico I would only use it there! Thanks guys!