It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Breaking Bad?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:00 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I feel like there just has to be a thread started on this show, somewhere around here..? I must be missing it. I saw a an ad for the new season and it reminded me of my favorite Jesse Pinkman quote. This quote stuck in my head during the first couple months of W/D.. These three words were about all I said to my husband for the first couple weeks after jumping. Luckily, he got a kick out of it.

GATORADE ME, BITCH!!

I couldn't stop laughing when I remembered my "GMB" phase. I felt like he (Jesse Pinkman) was able to sum up how I was feeling in the fewest words possible. Thought I would share.. for a laugh. Can't wait for this summer.

(mods- feel free to merge if this is a dup.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:04 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Oh wait.. there is a youtube video. LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFRs2U2pnH4

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:40 pm 

I've never seen it myself, but I've heard really good things about the show! Maybe someday I'll have a chance to sit down and watch it from the beginning. :)

Amy

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:14 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Yes!!!!!!! I absolutely love this show. I recently started watching it in october and couldn't stop. I watched the whole series within a 10 day span and it sucks having to wait months for a new episode to show every week when i watched 4 episodes at a time. For those who have are up to date, any ideas or theories on how the show will turn with the ending of the last episode?

*Spoilers*

When Hank picked up the Walt Whitman book I immediately wanted to see what happened next, but because i couldn't i searched all over the internet for people's ideas and there are some pretty in-depth theories out there. What do you guys think?!?!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:38 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I do believe Breaking Bad is my all time favorite tv series! Similar to Fireman, I was late to the show! I'd heard about how awesome it was from my young adult kids, but I didn't figure it'd be for me.
A year and a half or so ago, we got an AppleTV and Netflix and I figured, "what the heck? I'll give it a look." Instantly glued to it...watched all the seasons within a few weeks and got myself caught up to the most recent cliffhanger.
Can't wait to see how they'll wrap it up! It stinks that this summer/fall will be the end! I've heard speculation that they might leave it somewhat open ended so they can perhaps do a movie or something. I don't know, but I'm sure going to miss it!
I do think Hank will quickly put it all together as to who Walt really is and what they've been up to. But I can't see him turning him in, as that would mean Skylar would be implicated also.
Maybe Walt will somehow get out in time, so it won't come to that. I just know whatever the case, I'll be watching!
"Gatorade me, bitch!"......oh my gosh, I'd forgotten all about that! There are so many awesome little things like that throughout the series, I can't remember them all.

Post subject: Leaves of Grass!!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:07 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Ok, so what I really love about this show, is that I have absolutely NO idea what is going to happen next. I mean, of course, I have a ton of theories, but none I would put my money on. I think Vince Gilligan is extremely talented when it comes to messing with foreshadowing. I think he aims to confuse, clearly! I never know if something is is an actual hint or misdirection. I don't think there are many accidents when it comes to this show. The music, clothes, props, hair.. I feel like it's all there for a reason. I also enjoy how they back into an episode or story line. Some episodes, I don't have a clue where there are or where it's going, in the beginning anyway. Love that.

By the way, did anyone notice in all the pool scenes that the glow was just about the same color as the blue product? Lot's of blue.. something I remember picking up on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:13 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Barelyboxed wrote:
A year and a half or so ago, we got an AppleTV and Netflix and I figured, "what the heck? I'll give it a look."

I love appletv, it's just about the coolest thing ever. We want to switch over but I need to have an electrician change a couple things.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:49 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I'm not sure how Walt would be able to get away without a confrontation with Hank. I am a 100% sure he will connect the dots with Gale, but how he decides to deal with it is up in the air. This is the final 8 episodes of the series so shit has to hit the fan. It cant go on forever and there's no way they'll end it peacefully.

The beginning of season 5 introduced Walt with, what seems to be, a new identity. Like you said Tiny Dancer, Vince Gilligan does mess with foreshadowing and a lot of times what seems to be true he takes a huge left turn and throws you off and I am so curious to find out what direction the show goes in. By the way, when are the new episodes set to be aired? I will be counting down the days!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:25 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Definitely one of the best series ever-- I see a final shoot out scene with hank choosing his values, or family..... And Walt choosing between the same (although I think we know what Walt would choose).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:01 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Fireman wrote:
I'm not sure how Walt would be able to get away without a confrontation with Hank. I am a 100% sure he will connect the dots with Gale, but how he decides to deal with it is up in the air. This is the final 8 episodes of the series so shit has to hit the fan. It cant go on forever and there's no way they'll end it peacefully.

The beginning of season 5 introduced Walt with, what seems to be, a new identity. Like you said Tiny Dancer, Vince Gilligan does mess with foreshadowing and a lot of times what seems to be true he takes a huge left turn and throws you off and I am so curious to find out what direction the show goes in. By the way, when are the new episodes set to be aired? I will be counting down the days!

I wish we had spoiler tags to bury this stuff.. SPOLIER.

I am sure he will connect the dots, too. Whether hank will pull one last fast one and pin it all on someone else is beyond me but I hope they don't go that route and I don't believe they will.. What I wonder about is, what can Hank do even if he knows? To bust Walt would be to bring his whole family down and I don't think he could do that. Skyler would most certainly be implicated as well, unless the whole family turns against Walt. I just don't know. I also don't know what his hair means.. does he not have cancer or has he given up on Chemo?? What about the poison (ricin?) in the cigs.. will that come into play again. It's been so long, I think I need to re-watch some of last season.

I believe the final season starts in June..?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:02 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

suboxdoc wrote:
Definitely one of the best series ever-- I see a final shoot out scene with hank choosing his values, or family..... And Walt choosing between the same (although I think we know what Walt would choose).

Yes, that gun has to come into play at some point!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:08 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Yes..love my Apple TV! It's the coolest thing...inexpensive & easy to set up & use.
I agree, there are no accidents with any aspect of Breaking Bad. I do remember the pool scenes, the blue. There are so many subtle & not so subtle things like that...I am sure that I could notice something new each time even if I watched each episode 3-4 times!
I was wondering, too, about whether Walt has had a recurrence of cancer. And I'm sure we'll see the poison cig come into play. I just don't see Hank letting Skylar go down by busting Walt...Hank's wife (Skylar's sister) will likely play a big role. Remember, didn't Hank see to it that his wife's little shoplifting problem didn't land her in as much legal trouble as it should have? Plus they are very attached to Walt & Skylar's children.
Then again, I didn't see it coming when Walt shot Mike dead, either! Or any other of a thousand more examples!
V Gilligan's work on this show is brilliant. I'm going to miss it!
I think the new episodes start in June, but I'm not positive.