It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Brave New World
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:59 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Dont worry, in the future everyone will be on it, only by then it will be called 'soma' you will be considered wierd if you dont take it. hehehe. People will only get angry and riot it they cant get it. lol

Post subject: Soma dead new world
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 12:16 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I overdosed 15 times on this. IMO it should be banned off the market. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 10:37 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

[b][i]
WOW,15 times. I hope you are thru with the Soma's. That's very scary.
Good luck

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: Amazing
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:29 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Wow, I can't even imagine overdosing 15 times. Glad to see you made it through them all.

Post subject: Soma Abuse
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:56 pm 

Soma is really a dangerous drug. Most of us found out by accident that when you take Norco (hydro) and Soma at the same time you get a high similar to being drunk. So many times I thought I wouldn't wake up after taking so many. Don't the doctors know about this combo? If I didn't have my Soma, the hydro was almost useless. Just couldn't feel it w/o taking both.

Fortunately there wasn't too much of a physical w/d problem when I started on Sub. I was a mess mentally for about two weeks and it took almost a month to stabilize.

Soma is a junk drug and should be taken off the market. I said that to a worker at CVS and she said there'd be a riot as so many people are on it. Or at the very least it shouldn't be given to a patient who is on any opiates. Way too dangerous. Whenever there is an OD on the news it seems that Soma is commonly one of the drugs ingested.

I guess I feel kind of strong on this subject! Just my usual 2¢ worth.

Happy to be alive.

Post subject: Soma
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:03 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Although I hate to admit it my real biological father was my dealer......one time I went to see him to get some Loratabs and he gave me some Soma's. I had never had them before. It was a Friday night.........I chewed a handful of both....On Sunday Morning he finally woke me up by throwing a pan of water of water on me. I felt like I had only been asleep for 15 minutes.

This scared me to death......but I bought all the Soma's he had plus the Loratabs and spent a week in a coma at my house. This is a very dangerous combination and I only thank god for watching out for me and not actually hospitialized for abusing it. Of course I took it all...I woke up in my closet soaked and you know why...but no more. I am too afraid of dying from respitory arrest if I was to take Soma again especially mixed with suboxone it could be bad news.

I remember my dad called them Coma's..never again. I hope anyone reading this realizes what I am saying and doesn't try this.

Jim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:48 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Omg. I thought I knew about/did every drug out there. I never knew Soma was so bad. When I was in NA I met a nurse who got in trouble for stealing Soma. True to form the "real" NA addicts thought she was some kind of a lightweight. But I guess not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:30 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Y'all are silly. Lillyval doesnt mean Soma pills, she means the Soma in a book etitled "A Brave New World". In the book, Soma is taken by the general public very often; virtually the entire population is addicted to it. It is part of the control that keeps this futuristic population in place!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:04 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Yea SOMA is no joke this drug has killed so many addicts it is not funny. When mixed with any drugs that slow your breathing down you have a good chance at never waking up by taking this combination but DRs continue to prescribe it and people continue to die but nothing has been done to stop this????? I was actually addicted to SOMA for a short period of time when I was prescribed it from my pain management DR along with OXY, but for some reason he stop prescribing it to all his patients and nobody at the program that I talked too at least never found out why. But I wish he hadn’t becaue that is when my FENTORA addiction started to replace the SOMA.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:39 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Im really not sure what the OP's post is stating. Is he simply commenting on the book "Brave New World"?

Soma can be SO DANGEROUS! And I've known so many people (while I was in active addiction, who abused it, mixing it w/opiates
One chic I knew.....who was on Methadone......used to continually take a bunch of Soma after her dose. Needless to say, she OD'd like half a dozen times from that stupid shit!

Before getting on the Sub, I was prescribed Soma for neck/upper back pain......and if taken properly (you only need a very small dose) it CAN HELP with muscular discomfort. But, its TOTALLY addictive!!

However, I was shocked and frustrated that my Sub doctor INSISTED on prescribing Soma. At every appt. I'd tell him that I DIDN'T take the Soma.....AND that I didn't want it! He just kept telling me that it was IMPORTANT for me to take the Soma.....because it would help me to take LESS Sub, WTF?!? I must have ten prescriptions for Soma at the pharmacy. My doctor would write it on the same prescription w/my Sub. He FINALLY stopped adding it, whenever I told him I was pregnant.

Being that Soma IS ADDICTIVE and is a CNS depressant.....It just DOSEN'T make sense why my doctor would insist that I take it. Thats just CRAZY!! Maybe he was so used to other addicts wanting/expecting it, that he just thought I would want it too??