It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Brand new to SuboxForum.
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 2:47 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hello. My name is Keith and I am a new member of this website. I've been around the underground scene since the age of 13 and have grown up in Rochester, NY a wise-ass getting smarter. I stopped using heroin and Oxycontin at the age of 18 and enrolled in a Suboxone Program in the Winter of 2007 and it's- hands-down, the best decision I've ever made in my life, in terms of my continued effort for sobriety, abstinence, and keeping my "addiction" (I choose to say chemical dependency) in check.

Without my "God's Own Medicine" (Suboxone), I might not be here today and it's made me who I am, and I'm happy with the results, and unabashedly wouldn't change a thing. For once in my sober life, I am content with my social standing and the kinetic potential this lifestyle has amalgamated over the years. Of course, not that there isn't any room for improvement. However, without my drug history I would have never become interested in Pharmacology, specifically Psychopharmacologically.

All of my research in the topic, which I include my studies in psychology, sociology, chemistry, and biology all have a unique purpose in my eventual love for Pharmacology. All of it is relevant, one way or another and none of it useless. I started to fall in love with pharmacology after a bad drug experience and made a vow to myself to never take another substance without being fully aware of any of the side-effects, dosage/indications, contraindications, warnings, clinical pharmacology, and general overview of the drug, and since that day, has snowballed into my most prized brain-child and I couldn't be happier.

As for my own research, I buy and read-through cover-to-cover pharmacology texts, and have over 4GB of text/ebooks on the topic from everything from anaesthesiology, to psychopharmacology, neuroscience to biology and anything, quite possibly, in between. I only write this because it is important to know where I've come from considering where I am today. Basically, I've gotten all of the partying out of me at a young age and plan to enroll at a local college to further my educational career (though have 2 years of psychology and organic chem. under my belt) and to, best-case scenario, become either a pharmacologist, or registered pharmacist (and, yes, I'm aware of the vast, significant difference in occupations), however, they have their own inter-twinings, as well.

I love the classical texts, like Goodman & Gildman's the Basis of Therapeutics, and newer ones as well, Addiction Medicine, and even have some interesting, older books on abnormal psychology and other intriguing endeavors as well.

What's important is my love for pharmacology and for Suboxone in for saving my life, which I may still be a junkie today, and most likely would have lost anything and everything at this point, and for being such a miraculous drug, both pharmacotherapeutically and otherwise (though forever touting an addict, which I don't mind). I'm not about it to call it a catch-all miracle drug, however, that is just my personal, highly-regarded opinion in the matter.

I would be honored and happy to help any one on this forum whom is finding difficulty receiving answers about various topics as I bring quite a considerable bit of knowledge to the table, and since I am not in school right now, free-time on my hands. Please consider my request.

Dr. I.

Post subject: Drug Information
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 1:37 pm 

Welcome to the forum. I am not sure how many requests you'll have for drug info but feel free to comment on subjects about different medications that you are familiar with. A lot of posts are questioning the effects of Xanax, Clonidine, and many other drugs we use to help withdraw from Suboxone. Someone who has extensive knowledge about a drug would surely be beneficial so go right ahead and post away.

May I ask what mg strength you are on now with Suboxone? Just curious but you've been on it since '07 so I'm wondering how low you tapered, if indeed you did taper.

Rule

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 5:55 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thanks for the warm welcome. If I receive any requests about different medications I'll freely answer them but am not expecting to change the tides of the sea. I'm well-versed in benzodiazepines and actually take clonidine as an additive-effect to the Suboxone. I feel it works well for me and also aids in my ability to sleep as I am an insomniac as well as an addict, though, I've known for these co-occurrences to go hand-in-hand frequently.

I do plan to be a frequent poster. I'm so happy I found a forum of such magnitude as this and am giddy in sharing my experiences and knowledge, what I have, anyway. I'm not professing to be a know it all but I do know some things and am happy to share. Also I have over 14GB of e-books, many of which, and the rest would be PDF Adobe files. If Dr. Junig has any interest in having any of them I could always send a USB drive of them to a PO box or we could figure something out.

As far as my dose of Suboxone, I take a high one. I feel it improves the quality of my life and by no means feel that stopping therapy would be beneficial at this point and time. I'm not stable enough and the cravings would most surely return and considering going back to school that it would certainly be contraindicated at this time.

I'm looking forward to being a member of this forum and will help any one that I can and also try to educate others that need teaching, though, I'm not a fool and won't expect to train others who aren't willing to learn. You can't force any one to change unless it's from within and they're willing to.

Thank-you for your time.

Dr. I.