It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: brand new member!
PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:55 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

hey everyone, i have surfed this forum for a long time on and off. got a lot of very useful info last winter when i was heavy into my addiction. took til this past september for me to finally get a script and get into counselling and now im going on 4 months clean and on the suboxone program. been lurking in your forum for a year and a half, followed a lot of inspiring threads. followed a lot of sad ones too...finally have steady internet acess from a laptop and not just my phone so now i am able to join! excited to be a member. my suboxone doctor, along with my counselor have saved my life! never thought i would be clean..did every drug in the book, and then landed on opiates via pain pills 5 years ago...started with low amounts of percocet and vicodin...quickly turned into snorting roxis and opana 40's. then the dose increased..tolerance got to the point that 250mg of oxy per day was just maintenance. funds got tight and i started using a lot of heroin for the first time this past summer and mainly used that all summer due to cheaper prices than the pills. luckily i never shoot up, just snorted. spent around 80 grand in the past 4 years on opiates alone.. now looking back to the past 10 years (im 27 years old) i was also a big pot smoker and benzo popper...and a big user of acid mushrooms and e and a coke head for a period of time. tried pretty much everything, used meth for a short period. huffed nitrous at festivals frequently. you name it, i liked it. fast forward to march 2013 i decided to check out a christian church and by the grace of God, went every single sunday to present date. and that was the beginning of me making gradual life changes that led to me seeking help and getting clean in september 2013. my last use was on friday september 13, 2013. and im totally blown away by the fact that i do not use any drugs at all besides my prescribed suboxone! i feel so great and proud but i owe it all to God for delivering me from all the drugs...also owe it to my girlfriend and my family who stuck by my side and never gave up on me. and i am now a brand new person...looking forward to being a part of this forum and meeting you all..God bless you all. :D - Tony

Post subject: Re: brand new member!
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:09 am 

Hey Tony! Welcome to the forum as a full-fledged member and poster! Congratulations on your 4 months of recovery too!

I'm so glad this forum has been helpful to you. Keep up the good work and keep on posting!

Amy

Post subject: Re: brand new member!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:02 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

thx amy! :D