It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:35 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I've been around a few weeks now, but I've only posted on one or two threads. This site has been great for me and I'm looking forward to the development of an online support group. If anyone is interested in participating we will be meeting tomorrow at 7p CST. I set up an external chatroom specifically for this group. Anyone is welcome to join and to do so just go to the announcements section... I have the link embedded in one of my more recent posts there :)

So... about me. Currently a southerner, originally an islander. I grew on Maui in Hawaii, lived there a bit over twenty years.

Once I finished college I realized there wasn't much left for me in Hawaii as a person just starting out in life. Unless you want to be in the service industry, or if you go to college, management in the service industry, theeen there's just not a lot left. I've worked primarily in oil and gas so I picked a spot somewhere south of the mason Dixon and set up shop! lol.

Good job. Beautiful family. All in all life hasn't been too bad. Pretty basic stuff. Never ever thought that I would be an addict. But I bet we all can say that about ourselves, can't we?

For me it happened over time. With a little more. A little more. Still not enough. And then it was never enough. That's when things got out of control.... When I lost myself and let the addiction get in the drivers seat. It's just so strange to me. How something can creep in, innocuous at first, and somehow make it's way past our natural instinct of self preservation and completely overpower it.The addiction will kill us. But that's ok, because it feels good! It's just so shocking to realize that that's what you've turned into......last time I checked I was regular person who finally had made that chronic back pain appointment everyone had been pushing on me (dont I wish I woulda been sick that day! Ha!)

And then here we are. Now.

It's not all bad. Everyone (mostly) who is here is here because they recognize a problem and are strong enough to take the next necessary steps. That's why I'm here. And, yeah, I'll brag about it. Lol. I am strong. I'm taking steps to better myself. It's time to feed myself, and not the addiction, so I can grow as a person. I went through hell for this drug and it pisses me off. I didn't want this. I didn't ask for this. But I sure as shit got it. And now it's got to go. :arrow:

Adios mf'r

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:51 pm 

I'm glad u found this forum, it's great that we can all relate & help each other day to day like we do. I also think it's interesting to read each person's personal journey that leads each of us to the same place that we are right now. We're all different but still the same in so many ways of addiction.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:14 pm 

Tuesday at 7pm central?

Amy

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:31 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Amy-

yes ma'am! Let's go for round two :)) lol

For those of you who may also be interested in an online support group, please find the link to chat pasted below:

http://stinto.net/uvy0i

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:14 am 

Crudmaster! I keep working on my new classes and forgetting! How did it go?

Amy