It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:04 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

well it's been 8 days since a relapse. Completely put me back, not like when I stopped about 26 days ago. But still made a huge impact on recovering. Tonight I have the worst restless legs (i bought benadryl which I have heard can make rls worse for people), cannot sleep, stomach issues. I honestly don't know how I could still be feeling this crappy. I'm hoping for a better day tmw. Today I felt very weak and cold chills, especially in the morning. Is there anyone who only gets chills in the morning!?? Besides that even though I feel like this I am so happy I finally did it :) if I'm not better at all tmw, errr. I want my life back, it just seems it's taking me much longer compared to others. Don't get it. I have along way to go so any encouragement would help, Ty!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:30 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Howdy, I completely understand where you are coming from, in early August , I had gotten down to .25mg per day of suboxone and jumped off for about 3 days or so. I relapsed and totally binged on about 150 norcos over 2 week period. After that glutton period was over, I quit cold turkey and the W/D's were definitely worse than just coming off the .25 mg of subs. Overall the same W/D's it looks like you are experiencing lasted about 2 weeks in my case and I started getting a lot better after that. I did manage to get out on lots of walks during those 2 weeks and it helped a lot. I just remember not getting much sleep, a lot of anxiety, but at the same time no energy to do anything. Just for info, I was on about 16 mg of suboxone for over 5 years and tapered to .25 mg over about 5 months. Good luck, and even though it does not seem like it , it gets much better and I feel great at 50 some days off now.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:08 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Now it's today. Got 4 hours of sleep. Smh. This cement weighing me down is worse when I first jumped! U are right! Is there anything that helps with this? I'm so weighed down, picking my purse up is a task.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:20 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Probably not the best solution, but I used ALOT OF CAFFIENNE, during the first several weeks. I'm talking 4 or 5 sugar free energy drinks (rockstar, red bull etc.). It helped to get me out of the house and doing things I should. Unfortunately now I have about a 800 mg a day caffeine habit I am trying to kick. I was also taking caffeine tabs, that are 200mg apiece. I'm slowly getting the caffeine down now, but would recommend a little more moderation than I was capable of doing. Good luck.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:47 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

I actually took for the first time today an energy capsule. Plus my usual coffee. I have the worst cold chills ever. I don't get it. When I look at PAWS symptoms, they don't describe me. Well the anger and depression but not the physical symptoms. Stomach probs, burning up but freezing, heaviness. I can't exercise, I tried lol. I'm shaky maybe from caffeine, don't know. This blows. I'm taking klonopin and clonidine which is not helping. Out of options here I guess but time!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:25 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

What did you relapse on?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:15 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

I relapsed on Suboxone. I was starting to feel great too, so it sucked. Now it's for some reason sooo much worse wd's. Today I feel better but haven't got out of bed yet lol. But I know when I start to feel better I wake up way earlier for some reason. On subs I would sleep till noon or past that. I took the sub after about 13 being clean. Took maybe .05 and holy crap messed me up... didn't expect that. Then took 3mgs the next day and layed in bed the whole day pissed off obviously not in wd's just so mad and then hell began twice as worse :( it's weird to me.