It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 5:49 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Perhaps I missed it in the myriad postings on side effects, but does anyone else feel warm when they take Suboxone? I have my a/c set to 70 and my ears feel like they are on fire :oops: , and my whole upper body is warm... happens every time I take this stuff lately. At night, I set the a/c to 68 and have two fans on me just to stay cool. If I missed a thread on this, please feel free to redirect me :)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:08 pm 

Hello, It happens to me too sometimes but I have attributed it to menopause. I do get the same "warmth" especially my ears, when I take certian antibiotics. I am interested to hear what others have to say on this topic! Enjoy your day!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:17 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thank you for replying - Im having that feeling right now. It's 70 here, and my ears are burning up and I want to turn the a/c on :/

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:10 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Side-effects related to perception of warmth and coldness aren't uncommon on Sub. Opiates are well known to mess with your internal thermostat. ie a feeling of warmth while on them, then intense cold / hot symptoms when you come off them.

Personally I feel much more sensitive to cold on Suboxone. This is especially noticeable swimming in the bay, or where the water is cold. A little while ago I jumped into the cold water in the bay and I was literally in shock from the temperature, while my friend who wasn't on Sub seemed to manage okay.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:57 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Yes yes yes! Although, I don't think it's uncommon for any time of opiate. I used to sweat a lot, especially in the beginning of my addiction. And I always used to be the one who was "cold". While I didnt sweat from the Suboxone, I became very sensitive to heat. I recently switched to Subutex and find my face gets flushed following a dose.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:01 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I am always hot. ALWAYS. And I sweat A LOT. I know the suboxone is a factor because the same thing happened when I was on it a few years ago. My face is always flushed, very rosy red cheeks and red/pink face all the time, my face always feels like its burning up. Even in the shower I have to just let cold water hit it for awhile because it feels so good. I am hot in weather that everyone else seems to tolerate just fine. My boyfriend always has 2 blankets on him because I like our home to be cool in order for me to be comfortable. And the sweating is VERY embarrassing. Like im not kidding in the summer It's pretty gross mixed with high 80s and sticky humid air. But trading active addiction for a few annoying side effects seems like a pretty fair trade. I'm grateful to be on suboxone. Many people are dying to get a spot in with a sub doc. So anyone who feels hot, sweaty or flushed...You're not alone! Sweating is one of suboxones main side effects and I believe feeling warm or flushed factors into there too. Just make sure to drink lots of water if you're a sweater like me :D

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:20 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I hear about 'the sweats' more than any other side effect. It happens with all opioids; I remember the sweat pouring off me in my using days as I worked on things in the garage, when it was probably 65 degrees. People find relief sometimes by doing something that would normally induce a 'chill'-- like touching a cold can of soda to the neck, or running cold water over the backs of your hands. Some people carry a damp cloth in their back pockets, to pat their foreheads when the hot flash first starts.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:39 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Yep, insane heat comes out of my lower back. Is much better than when I was on methadone though, water poured off my face and scalp while doing my clients hair and it was real embarrassing. Lol I remember cutting my doctor's hair one time (yes sub doc) and I was dropping sweat no way to hide it. Shortly after that he demanded I switch to suboxone immediately which was our goal anyway, didn't know if that day played a key factor. In the end I'm so grateful he pushed me. So I can definitely handle warm lower back over sweat any day.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:44 pm 

I have a friend on methadone and he has to carry a towel around with him because he sweats so much! I always feel bad for him about that. I don't know that he would ever be able to switch to suboxone though. He was in a motorcycle accident years ago that left him with a broken back and pelvis.

Amy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:17 am 

Pugmommy u cut ur sub dr's hair? That's awesome!!! :)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 3:08 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

A few hours after dose i get really warm and can go outside and not be cold

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 6:29 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Subs definitely contribute to me feeling warmer, but I always blamed the vyvanse I take for sweating. Interesting.