It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:16 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

As you all know, New York City got 2 feet of snow.

Yep, that's where I am. I just discovered the the feeling of being snowed in isn't as much fun anymore. I mean, shoot, when I was high on pills, it was fun to have a blizzarrd. Pretty much everything was fun.

Today, I looked out of the window and I felt sad and a feeling of being trapped here. I don't go anywhere too much as it is but this is terrible.

I am writing all this to say. I had cravings like crazy all day yesterday & today. Boredom is a b----!
This recovery requires distraction. That is the key.

For those of you out there caught in this blizzard, don't be tempted. I know you are bored but try to distract yourself.

Love, Queenie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:38 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

queenie1959 wrote:
As you all know, New York City got 2 feet of snow.

Yep, that's where I am. I just discovered the the feeling of being snowed in isn't as much fun anymore. I mean, shoot, when I was high on pills, it was fun to have a blizzarrd. Pretty much everything was fun.

Today, I looked out of the window and I felt sad and a feeling of being trapped here. I don't go anywhere too much as it is but this is terrible.

I am writing all this to say. I had cravings like crazy all day yesterday & today. Boredom is a b----!
This recovery requires distraction. That is the key.

For those of you out there caught in this blizzard, don't be tempted. I know you are bored but try to distract yourself.

Love, Queenie

That is sad isn't it. That everything seemed fun. Now though, when I am around people still useing..... They don't seem to be fun at all and I am sure I was equally boreing. Nodding out.... not even really there. I do know what you mean tho. I just don't think I was having as much fun as I thought. LOL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:39 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Come on Queenie, now everyone knows how you feel all the time... We must learn how to handle things that are not in our control, Right ?????

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:26 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Yes Sullimi, we must handle things and I did. I survived the blizzard and even though there is still too much snow to go out in my motor chair, I have made the best of it, cravings or no cravings anf distracting myself as much as possible with such limited resources.

There is a certain strength & determination I see in you that I want to have. Taking things one day at a time and fighting the demons and taking my subs correctly should help me to reach that goal. I admire you & have grown to respect your opinions.

Thank you for your support. I can always count on you to give me good advice and it is truly appreciated.

Love, Queenie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:09 pm 
I know what you mean winter time can be very depressing. I used to love to be able to just get all doped up and nod out when it was freezing outside and snowing and Im sitting inside feeling so warm and comfortable nodding out. Now like you winter is depressing as hell. I hate how like you said "everything was fun when you were" and now nothing seems fun and I have to re learn how to have fun sober and it feels impossible. I havent been clean that long a little over 4 months with the exception of 1 relapse and it seems that I havent realy smiled or laughed or legitimitely had fun this whole time and it makes me crave and want to use again. I'll think to myself that "whats the point of staying clean if im never going to be anything but miserable forever" and start to think that using isnt all that bad. I never can seem to remember the bad times of using when my cravings hit. I realy hope things start to get better, I think they will but its just taking longer than I expected.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:07 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Suboxowned, Things have to get better. I don't think we are doing all this for nothing. Darnit, if other people laugh & enjoy snowstorms, so can we. Let's give it time.

We lived a certain way & it's difficult. We were at a place where there were no problems, no heartache, nothing depressed us and everything was fun. I think it can be that way again. It's not too late.

For now, let's just concentrate on getting better everyday. We can't expect everything to be peachy keen right away.

I survived this blizzard and I will deal with the next one when it comes and so will you. Fight those cravings with all your stregth.

Thanks for responding to my post and for letting me know that you feel the same way. Let's help and support each other and take it one day at a time.

Love, Queenie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:00 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

I couldn't believe the amount of snow we were accumulating (NYC) :shock:
Well after it stopped I went to Central Park and had the snowball fight to
end all snowball fights with a bunch of sober AA/NA guys and gals :P

It's up to you either :cry: or :D Peace out!

Post subject: Thanks
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:01 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thanks LifeizGut for that positive post.

I'm sure I can speak for the others when I say we all need to hear things like that.

What an incredible amount of snow we got. That's why I felt so trapped and depressed. I don't think anyone that didn't experience it for themselves has no concept of the overwhelming feeling you get when you see 2 feet of snow outside your window.

Be thankful that you have 2 strong legs and can go to the park and have that fun snowball fight.
I haven't read much about you but I am going to. Thank you for posting. It really helps me to read things like that.

Love, Queenie