It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Blind Taper Suboxone
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:37 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Hello,

I'm new to the site. I have been addicted to opiates for about 7 years. I'm currently on 1mg. Of Suboxone a day, and have been for over a year. I'm going to begin a blind taper directed by my prescribing doctor, With help from a compounding pharmacy. I obviously trust my doctor implicitly. Does anyone have any experience with Suboxone blind tapers? has it worked? Any thoughts?
I don't plan on using the aid of any benzos. Just some clonidine, and Dimenhydrinate.

Thanks,

MJ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:20 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Hi there,

I LOVE this idea. I've suggested it to several people. I think it would be good for me to do it as well because I think way too much.

I have no experiene with doing a blind taper personally, but when I was on methadone (at a clinic) they did it all the time for patients. And patients did well...that way we take our brains out of the equation...and our brains and how we think is so powerful that we can literally talk ourselves into feeling something we don't feel. I have told this story a bunch here on the site but I had 2 clients who both talked about having symptoms of w/d....when they were at home and out of their DOC and could get some eventually they would have severe w/d but when they were in jail and they knew that absolutely they could NOT get their drug they didn't have any w/d....it's interesting but shows how powerful what we think and how we think is.

I hope you post about your experience. I'd love to do it that way.