It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:05 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

I just want to put this out there. I was having these side effects that were getting to be crippling that i chalked up to suboxone. Heart palpatations- felt like my heart was flipping around in my chest. Dizziness- all the time- awful! Pounding heart- i have pretty big breasts could always actually see my heart pounding- even thru all that padding! Fatigue- tired, tired, tired. Just so tired whether i slept 3 or 13 hours the might before. Tired all day. I felt lazy because all these things plus anxiety that it caused- all i wanted to do was lay and sleep. I have 5 children- 3 of them under the age of 3. Dealing with these symptoms while trying to live my life was becoming impossible! Also had this 'in a dream' feeling. Like i wasn't really there. I considered just stopping suboxone- but after a day or two- well- we all know it's next to impossible to jump from 16mg a day. So i talked to my suboxone dr. He said it sounded like hypothyroidism. I got my thyroid levels checked and lo and behold they were thru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:13 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

(continuing). ..the roof! I also found out this was hereditary- and after asking my family i find out all 3 of my sisters and 3 of my nieces on my dad's side have it too! I got put on synthroid and after a week or two my symptoms were all but gone! Did i mention headaches? That was another side effect i blamed on subs which was actually caused by my thyroid problem. I'm only 27 years old. Health issues don't only come to those who are elderly! My point here is- so many people on suboxone- including myself- blame every little thing that's wrong with them on the subs. I learned my lesson. Not all side effects come from drugs you're taking. Before you blame it on the suboxone- speak with your dr and get some tests done to make sure it's not underlying health issue. I'm sure glad i did!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:03 pm 

Hey Jackie fern,
It's not to often we have someone come on here and unblame Suboxone. Ha.

So glad your feeling better and posted about this.

Can't count the number of time I've read how sub is the root of all evil.

Something for everyone to think about.. Hopefully..

Razor

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:12 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I have to echo what razor already said. I'm glad you find out what the real issue is and are now feeling better, and are still able to effectively treat your addiction. Way to go for getting to the bottom of it! Thank you for sharing your experience with us also. You may have helped someone else to further investigate symptoms they may be having and blaming on sub.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:31 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Thanks guys! Yup that was exactly what i hoped to do with this post. I keep seeing people post same or similar symptoms as i had. And instead of symptoms these people see them as side effects instead. I'm all for unblaming subs! Discovering my health issue helped me get my life back while continuing with my recovery. Thanks for reading- i just hope some of the people who are blaming subs read this too!