It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:04 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Black listed
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:15 am 
New Poster
New Poster

I’ve had to have a lot of tests done because of a medical condition they can’t find any cause for and I’ve found that as soon as the docs know that I’m on Subutex they cop an attitude towards me. Even my family doctor’s demeanor completely changed. I don’t know any way around this because in all fairness to them, and myself, they need to know what medications I’m on. This isn’t reserved to one or two but to all of the docs I’ve come into contact with. You would think that the medical community as a whole would wake up and realize that attaching that stigma to this disease and the person only hurts their patient. Don’t they realize by now that we haven’t asked for this disease any more then anyone would ask for any disease? The only difference between us and a cancer patient is we continue to be criminals, somehow lower on the moral ladder and deserving of less care and concern in most people’s mind.
Rae

Post subject: I understand
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:16 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I agree completly. The first time I asked for help, my doctor for 2 years said "well, what do you want me to do", then I get a certified letter stating that he can no longer by my physician and not responsible for anything from that point. I feel so demorallized and guility enough, then to top that, anyone I had told picture you as some sneaky crackhead with not enough will power to stop. I will not ever talk to anyone else about it from now on I think. It makes me mad that it is socially acceptable to take depression medicine, alcohol, cigerittes and pain medicine but when you want to stop and need help people view you as weak and less of a person..............