It is currently Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: My Birth Story
PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:14 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hello everyone. I want to share my story to give hope and encouragement to those who need it. I have been on Suboxone for 4 yrs now. When I found out I was preg I freaked out like all of ya'll and wanted to get off quickly. My OB was great and switched me to Subutex and helped me to wein down from 16mgs a day to about 4mg. It took the whole pregnancy and I felt guilty everyday. I thought that when it came to a precious baby's life I could quit this drug! Well, I know now that it was the best option to stay on it and stay clean. I was totally honest with my Dr and husband about the drug. I went to meetings and had a sponsor and I think that really helped me to wein down. If I had kept it all to myself I would have taken more. I know the guilt eats us up.
Before my delivery I skipped every-other day and took 1-2mg the days I took it. I was doing this for a little over a week when I went into labor. I experienced horrible back labor for over 36hrs before I was dilated over 6 and was admitted to the hospital. I refused any meds to assist my labor. I received my epidural at 11:30pm and after 10 min of pushing my beautiful baby boy came at 4:15am on July 22nd. He is perfect! Born 6 lbs 12oz. :D Every sneeze and movement I thought was because of the subs. He didn't have any wd's at all!! I am breastfeeding also. We went home in 2 days and I never saw one sign of wd. We are great and the baby is perfect. I did take my suboxone about 7 hrs after giving birth and everything was fine. The epidural worked great. I hope this helps anyone who is having a tough time. I have to stress though to please be honest with your doctor and let them help you.

Post subject: Re: My Birth Story
PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:52 pm 

Thank you so much for sharing your birth story! It is enormously helpful to others who are faced with the same situation! I hope that you're enjoying baby Rob!

Amy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:24 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I am glad everything worked out well for you and your baby!!

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:26 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thank you so much for sharing your story! I too am coming up to my fourth year in treatment with suboxone and I just found out that I am pregnant...completely unplanned and unexpected as I completed (or thought I had!) my family over 8 years ago. I've been reading through the posts here and on other sites and some of it is just scary. It's so nice to hear such a great success story. Congratulations to you and your new little one!!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:27 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Mamasita,
Congrats!! I think that you will do fine as you can see here that many many women are on it and the births are great. Baby is coming up to 7 months old now and I have slowly weaned him down from breast feeding to only at night and just a few times at night now. I think he is wanting it for comfort only now. He has been perfect. He is very smart! Good luck and if you want to talk to anyone you can message me anytime. You have been on subs a long time like me. :)