It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: My birth story
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:24 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I had my baby girl on Sept 19th. I was extremely nervous about NAS my entire pregnancy. At delivery was taking about 16mg of subutex , maybe more depending on how I felt. I tried to get down to 2 or 4 but the withdrawl was too bad. Anyway, I did not tell my ob tht I was on subutex. I did hv a legal script tho. I chose to get an epidural and I had her after about 8 hours of labor. There were some complications during labor and birth. Her umbilical cord was wrapped around her neck pretty badly. She wasn't breathing at first but then they were able to resuscitate her. Thank God! Scariest moment of my life! Well I was anticipating signs of nas all night and nothing. The next day she contiuned to have absolutely no signs of nas. She only sneezed two times the first week of life. She is perfect in every way. She's now two weeks old and is still wonderful. If any of u have any questions I forgot to mention in this post please pm me. I hope my story gives u some comfort.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:48 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Congratulations on your new baby Kat! I'm so glad to hear that everything worked out for you guys, even with that scary moment with the cord. Ugh, you must have been terrified! All's well that ends well though, as my grandmother used to say.

I hope things continue to go well for you. Get lots of sleep now while you can, those babies wake up quite a bit after the first month! Keep us posted and best of luck :D

-Jack Kornfield

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:57 pm 

Congratulations on your beautiful new baby girl! I'm so glad that you and your daughter had a good outcome, especially considering those first scary moments. I'm so happy for you that she didn't exhibit any signs of withdrawal. It just goes to show you that you can never tell. You sound like a good momma! Enjoy your new little one!

Amy

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:56 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

HEY KAT :wink:

I was thinking of you just the other day!!!!!! I remember how scared you were when you first posted here.........Im SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO very HAPPY to hear things went well!!!!!

well, all except for the lil scare,,,,, but all that matters is everything was 'ok' in the end!!!!!

thats just AWESOME to hear she didn't have any w/d signs!!!! See, you worried for nothing!!! Im joking,
I know your worries were definitely credible.

THANKS SO MUCH for coming back and letting us know how things went........That will help so many women who were as scared as YOU were, when you first posted here :D :D :D

SO,
congrats,
enjoy your lil love bug!!!
diary's right, get LOTS of sleep when you CAN........ Nobody cares about how your house looks, when you have a newborn, BELIEVE ME!!!! and if they Do, they can kiss your butt :wink:

you sleep when that baby's sleeping!!!! LOL

seriously,,, enjoy,,,,,, I really am very happy to hear the great news :wink: :wink: :wink:

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/