It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: birth story :)
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:35 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

ive posted my story on here before, but ill refresh, i was addicted to heroin and used during my pregnancy until my 6th month when i finally found a dr that could help me, i ended up being put on 8mg subutex a day, well over the next 3 months, i had managed to get myself down to 1mg in the am and 1mg in the evening... i ended up going a week over my due date and was induced last thurs... my labor was super easy... and i only pushed for maybe 20 minutes, everyone at the hospital knew my situation and never made me feel like i was any different than anyone else... they actually congratulated me on how far ive come, well anyways i ended up spiking a fever during my labor, and it didnt go away so after he was born i still had it, they let him stay with me for about 3-4 hrs and tried to help me breast feed too.. well the dr came in and said that since i had a fever they had to put me and the baby on antibiotics for 48hrs to be safe.. he ended up going to the special nursery down the hall from my room, not as close as the nursery should be but i could walk there fine.. anyways no one ever mentioned nas even tho i knew they had to be mnitoring him, but it didnt even seem like they were cuz i was in the nursery the whole time we were in the hospital and they never did any of the things on that score sheet, they gave him formula there tho and i kinda got messed up with my bfing in the hospital cuz there wasnt a lactation consultant, but were doing ok now, getting there anyways.. lol.. well i kept on worrying the whole time that he would start to withdrawl and hed have to stay while i went home, but nothing ever happened, he had some sneeze attacks, but the nurses said it was normal since he seemed fined and all the other babies did the same things, well we both ended up coming home on monday, i had him friday... it was awesome to be able to come home together, weve been home for a week tomorrow and still no signs of nas.. hes a great baby... and were both doing good, all in all my experience was great, only thing that sucked was the lactation consultants not being on call on weekends... oh also a hospital social worker did speak with me, which my dr warned me about, i told her everything about how i had used in my 2nd trimester but it was over 3 months ago, and that my dr did say my baby might be born and test positive for heroin, she said she doubts it will show up.. she said she just had to check his drug tests and that everything should be fine, she came back gave me some stuff to help with counseling and told me to keep doing what i was doing and congratulated me on the baby and my clean time.. and that was that we went home :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:55 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

oh ya forgot to mention pain relief i tried to do it natural but damn inductions are no joke, i managed to do ok for a while but that pitocin kicked my ass, the nurses said i prolly wouldve been able to go further or the whole way if i was to of just gone into labor on my own, i did not want any narcotics, because i was afraid that the narcotics would show in babys test and that could cause some problems until they sorted it out... and plus i figured id already put so much into this poor lil guys system by using so long into my pregnancy and smoking til my 7th month :( and being on subs, i just wanted to have the least amount of drugs, so they made me a special epi as they called it that had no narcotics, i guess there all there sub/methadone moms use the reg epi with narcotics cuz they had to order mine specially made.. but it was totally bad ass i almost thought they put something in it, i couldnt feel a thing! i think they dont even need narcotics in epis, i didnt even know my water broke, i had the balloon thing inserted they took it out and i was dilated 3-4 and hours later they checked and i was still at 3-4 then like out of nowhere they came to check me and my water had already broken, i had no idea, and i was complete and pushing.... lol it was actually too much i didnt like being that numb! but just so no one is scared about pain meds... i also didnt take anything for pain after, i didnt tear really to have stitches just some small tears, i told them i will just stay on my subs and that will help my pain, they gave me motrin but i havnt taken it or needed it, in the hospital they gave me 4mg sub everyday, cuz my script said 4-8 a day and i asked to only take 2mg like i wasbut they had to give me what the script said, i am home and barely take anything and feel fine, the baby preoccupies me so i dont even notice sometimes :)