It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:59 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hey guys, so I took around 2mg of Bupe recreationally the other day. The first two hours were amazing; I felt intense euphoria and was all mellowed out. Between 3-5 hours I became very nauseous, hot, panicky, dizzy and felt overwhelmed by the drug. It also felt like my brain kept forgetting to tell my body to breathe. The 5-9 hour phase had me throwing up and feeling totally warped. The next day I continued throwing up and feeling sick.

This seems like an adverse reaction to such a small dosage. Is it normal? I have no opiate tolerance btw. Am I allergic or sensitive to it? If I take 1mg next time, will I get sick?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:48 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

so I took around 2mg of Bupe recreationally the other day
Wrong forum for this kind of question. And after that reaction you want to try again to see what happens? Come back when your life has spiraled out of control due to an addiction. Sorry if I seem harsh.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:49 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

You are on the wrong site, dear. This forum is for recovering addicts. I might also warn you against taking this drug (or any other opiate for that matter) recreationally. Thats how many of us started. If you are not already in trouble with pills, heroin, or other opiate drugs, please do yourself a favor and don't start. The high is nice at first, but before you know it you will be feeling that shitty feeling u were referring to above ALL the time when you run short of pills. Oh yeah, and let's not forget they stop giving you that good, chill feeling QUICK. Just my 2 pennies worth!

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:54 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thanks Amy for a more measured and compassionate response. Please Sleeper, don't go down this path. We lost a young man 3 weeks ago and I am still shaken. PAX

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:02 pm 

Sleeper,

No one here wants to hear about your experiences with opiate use for pleasure. Opiates ruined our lives and a lot of people didn't make it out alive.

This forum is for recovery. If you post again about recreational use of Suboxone or any other drug just for fun you will be banned. Come back (alive we hope) when it has kicked your arse and you need help staying clean.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:39 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I can see where this burns a few folks, just thinking of what I went through a couple weeks ago (being short on my meds) because I helped someone who was prescribed it, and I got shafted when it came time to pay me back....and the hell I dealt with trying to suddenly wean myself down to mostly less than 1 @8mg per day...and seeing someone who is worried about getting their jollies because of taking it for recreational reasons...yeah. I gotta say, my wife was ready to kill someone by the time I finally got through that saga, because I spent so much time worrying, anxiety kept me from even having an urge for about a week...and by the time I got my new meds, we had two days before we had to leave on our trip to the beach...

Let's just say we had some "fun" in our vacation home after everyone went to sleep. Then again, I was SO tired, it might've been a dream...

People don't realize how their recreational habits which are ill-gotten gains are a way of life for others, and people get physically sick at just the THOUGHT of being without their meds.

Everyone else has pretty well covered it though...if you got a legit reason to take the stuff, get it from a doc. If you don't need it, then by all means, STOP NOW. You don't want to get on this rollercoaster because the ride kills, ruins families, and is destruction in it's purest form.
On a lighter note, I'm keeping my word to myself...I'm about 1 1/2 weeks from my doctor appt, and I still have QUITE a few of my meds ( don't keep count and I don't take what I am prescribed)...
I don't know if I'm the only person who does this, but I purposely asked this doctor for 3/day (90/month) so I could put a few back and not be 1 for 1 on my doses...just in the event the road between here and my doctor is mysteriously moved by superman, buildings fall down on my doctor's office...my doctor gets drunk and forgets to come to work the day of my appt...or various other circumstances that I wouldn't be able to control...so I like knowing that I have 15-20 extra to keep me if the worst happened one month...

I'm pretty sure that I've been taking 2/day since the day we left on our trip..which should put me at having almost 30 extra this month. I know it won't be quite that many, but I figure I will have at minimum, 15-20 extra when I do go to my appt.

RIP little brother. Gone, but not forgotten.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:48 am 
New Poster
New Poster

you what I think you should ask some help to those people who has expertise in this matter!! to help you :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:01 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Sleeper,

Please dont use suboxone for recreational purposes. I was reading in my medication pamplet that there has been many deaths in non-tolerant people from 2mg of suboxone. It is much stronger than most people realize and can result in death VERY EASILY. So please quit this behavior before it becomes a life long struggle, as it has for most of us, on this board. Good luck and god bless buddy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:37 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

^^
not only that but i believe ive read that bupe has a stronger affinity for opiate receptors than antagonist like naloxone...so if a person were to overdose on bupe theres not to much they could do for you other than watch and wait.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:40 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Overdose on Bupe?

-_-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:40 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

You can definitely overdose on bupe if you have a low tolerance to opioids, and money on that's what happened to the OP. 2mg's is actually a really high dose for someone with no tolerance, given the painkilling dose for bupe for such people is like 0.2mg's or less.

Many years ago I gave a friend some of my Subutex. 2mg's I think it was. He was violently ill for at least 24 hours and passed out in his bed for the rest. Good thing is it turned him off opiates for life. Silver lining?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:00 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Yes, you two are exactly right, and YES you CAN overdose on bupe. Its one of the strongest opiates out there. I have ready many articles of people going to Emergency Room's and they kept pushing pain medicines through the IV and there wasn't any good enough to "knock" the suboxone off the opiate receptors.

That is also correct about the naloxone, from my reading and understanding anyways. The suboxone has a stronger binding affinity than naloxone. So if a opiate-naive person goes and takes a high dose of bupe, even being 2 or 4mg. It can definitely turn fatal in a MINUTE. If naloxone cant reverse the suboxone then what else could they do? Once it enters the bloodstream its all done with; your loved ones would just have to sit, wait, and pray for you. Not something you want to put yourself through or your family, as you may not make it out alive =/

They even make Bupe pills in Europe that are .2mg (thats One Fifth of a MG). Thats crazy to think about. Some of us take an 8mg strip everyday; which would be like taking 40 of those pills. I dont know if the sole purpose of those .2mg pills were for tapering but it still shows the great strength that bupe has.

Also 1mg of Bupe has the binding power of 33-40mg of morphine. So in an opiate naive person you could say 2mg of suboxone would have the same binding power effect as 66-80mg of morphine. I know morphine isn't the best opiate out there, but if you give someone 80mg of morphine it's gonna be very bad, and potentially fatal; so you should heed the same warning when you consider taking 2mg of suboxone for "recreational purposes." Or really ANY amount for that matter. Its a VERY strong opiate and you want get pleasure from it, it will most likely make you sick and could result in death. I just dont want anyone getting hurt or killed over something that many people under estimate.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:23 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Amy14921978 wrote:
You are on the wrong site, dear. This forum is for recovering addicts. I might also warn you against taking this drug (or any other opiate for that matter) recreationally. Thats how many of us started. If you are not already in trouble with pills, heroin, or other opiate drugs, please do yourself a favor and don't start. The high is nice at first, but before you know it you will be feeling that shitty feeling u were referring to above ALL the time when you run short of pills. Oh yeah, and let's not forget they stop giving you that good, chill feeling QUICK. Just my 2 pennies worth!

Agree! Very wise post xxx

Don't one day, SAY TODAY!
There is always a solution to the problem

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:43 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Sleeper please listen to these people - they know their n I'm worried about you. Please let us know you're safe n have listened to this advice given to you. Also be careful what you write here as we are recovering addictions trying to get back our lives after the devastation that our addictions have caused it. And your words are triggering. So pleasebe mindful of that.

Take care
Evey

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:36 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Sorry gotta put my 2cents in as well....Bupe is nothing to play around with recreationally, if you are not an opiate addict u don't want to be....believe me its a long hard path Bupe is to help people get off of pills or herion....if used right the addicted person can b successful so far I have been but I feel like I was on the bupe to long 3yrs is to long but I am now 7.5 months clean no opiates no bupe no nothing and its good.

No one is trying to be mean to you in here they just want u to understand its not a recreational drug and u most certainly can overdose on it very easily!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:49 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Just for the record, this board is mostly dedicated to recovery, there is a Still Messing Around section but it's certainly not Bluelight. That being said, in the spirit of harm-reduction I'll provide some answers that that mostly summarize those of a couple other members:

It sounds like you had a pretty close call that could have been fatal; if other CNS depressants were involved, it even more likely could have been.

Assuming you are opioid naïve or not physically dependent on opioids, 2mg is indeed a rather large dose of buprenorphine - Buprenorphine, methadone and controlled release dosage opioids are bad opioids to take 'recreationally' especially in opioid naïve individuals as the half-lives are different and somewhat unpredictable, dosages of buprenorphine in particular aren't 100% linear and effects of these medications may not be those that 'recreational' users are after in terms of stereotypical desired effects. All these factors can cause concurrent use of other drugs or taking more of the same, both of which increase overdose potential. In these synergistic scenario's 1+1=4 not 2; it's Russian roulette, literally...

You don't have proper understanding of drug interactions, likely are young or at the very least drug-inexperienced and feel invincible but your 'recreational' use could turn into a medical situation quickly...Remember that buprenorphine satisfies high dose opioid users for a reason, it's VERY potent and therefore dangerous if taken the wrong way i.e. as you are describing.

Be safe,
Travis

540 Greenhaven Road #201|Anoka, MN 55303
(763)250.0702
http://www.facebook.com/TpnServiceCompanies
Person-centered counseling, education, advocacy, referral services and assessments.

Post subject: Test
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:04 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Sleeper - this post is triggering. Can you not see that. There are other forums to ask these questions.

I am sorry but a lot of us here are ill n TRYING to ger better. We are using suboxone to save our lives.

I honestly wish this thread would be removed. To talk of recreationally using a drug that we are using as a means of survival is deeply upsetting n offensive.

Please do not use sub recreationally it could cause dire consequences. Being addicted to codeine is bad enough - imagine being addicted to suboxone. What would help you then?
Please read what we have put. We are 100not trying to hurt you, we welcome you here but please be careful the things you post n what opiates we take. A lot of people are concerned for you.

Please write back n tell us you've reas n understand what we're saying to you

Some facts about me! A year ago (this bank holiday) I ODd by using codeine with paracetamol (tylonel) n ibuprofen. I never went to hospital but i was sick sick, shivering, constipated, in pain sitting on the toilet like i was in labour x100, secretly BEGGING for my mam, Never felt so frightened in my life. After being in agony VOWING NEVER to touch those codeine tabs again I STILL was consuming them as a voice kept saying "take they, they will make you better".

That day was first of many. I never contact the hospital n a few of them ai tried ending ot n i STILL woke up next day, shivering n sick.

Do you want that to be you?

Also during one time forcefully being made to withdraw i told a member that she was lucky to lose her parents, that's how my mindset went thinking they wont alway be here but I'll have codeine. What sort of person says n thinks those thoughts?????

My birthday I spent sobbing for hours because I only took 8/500 codeine tabs n was TERRIFIED of 3 days without codeine (christmas eve, day n boxing to drink). I ended up rushing to pharmacy to get some nurofen plus. I also had some christmas day n drunk.

You need to know the reality because if you got addicted, you'd spend whatever money you had n go into denial about doing so.

Maybe others will tell you horror stories also, in order to help you. Mind you some people have the assumption that codeine addiction is s 'weaker opiate' n a 'walk in the park' to withdraw from. Uhhhh not for me it wasn't as I tried slitting my wrist over it. I hardly call it a walk in the walk

Evey xxxxx

Post subject: Hey hypocrites
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 3:43 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

We all have an addict mind. Try being encouraging and supportive and mostly less judgemental and try to help him!! I have used my buprenorphine incorrectly and recreationally. I can't help it I'm an addict it happens. But the last thing any of us want is to be judged. Try encouragement and even answer his questions so he doesn't turn to something else that could kill him. We have all been on that end of it with some substance. Put those shoes back on and say to him what YOU needed to hear

Post subject: Re: Test
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 3:47 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I am sorry but a lot of us here are ill n TRYING to ger better. We are using suboxone to save our lives.

I honestly wish this thread would be removed. To talk of recreationally using a drug that we are using as a means of survival is deeply upsetting n offensive.

Please do not use sub recreationally it could cause dire consequences. Being addicted to codeine is bad enough - imagine being addicted to suboxone. What would help you then?
Please read what we have put. We are 100not trying to hurt you, we welcome you here but please be careful the things you post n what opiates we take. A lot of people are concerned for you.

Please write back n tell us you've reas n understand what we're saying to you

Some facts about me! A year ago (this bank holiday) I ODd by using codeine with paracetamol (tylonel) n ibuprofen. I never went to hospital but i was sick sick, shivering, constipated, in pain sitting on the toilet like i was in labour x100, secretly BEGGING for my mam, Never felt so frightened in my life. After being in agony VOWING NEVER to touch those codeine tabs again I STILL was consuming them as a voice kept saying "take they, they will make you better".

That day was first of many. I never contact the hospital n a few of them ai tried ending ot n i STILL woke up next day, shivering n sick.

Do you want that to be you?

Also during one time forcefully being made to withdraw i told a member that she was lucky to lose her parents, that's how my mindset went thinking they wont alway be here but I'll have codeine. What sort of person says n thinks those thoughts?????

My birthday I spent sobbing for hours because I only took 8/500 codeine tabs n was TERRIFIED of 3 days without codeine (christmas eve, day n boxing to drink). I ended up rushing to pharmacy to get some nurofen plus. I also had some christmas day n drunk.

You need to know the reality because if you got addicted, you'd spend whatever money you had n go into denial about doing so.

Maybe others will tell you horror stories also, in order to help you. Mind you some people have the assumption that codeine addiction is s 'weaker opiate' n a 'walk in the park' to withdraw from. Uhhhh not for me it wasn't as I tried slitting my wrist over it. I hardly call it a walk in the walk

Evey xxxxx[/quote]

I thought this WAS the forum for these kinds of posts. Isn't this the still messing around forum??

Post subject: This is a trigger
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 3:52 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

This is the forum for those who are still using in need of help period whether they express they need help or not they do need help. If this triggers you and you don't like it I would suggest you get off this still messing around forum