It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:15 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Ok here's the deal im new here and plan on staying. I have been on Methadone for three years 150mg and three weeks ago something happened and went from that dose to nothing. But here and there i was still useing it to kill the demons that was killing me, and now i have been on suboxone for about two weeks. I take 24mg daily and at first it was a nightmare OH the pain!!! but after a week i started feeling better not sick but my doc added two 20mg adderall daily and WOW!!! What a difference im up cant stop talking, and mind racing. etc. you get the point (speedy) but the Doc said i would get use to it and someone else i know said the same. I guess the quiestion is= Whats making me better the adderall or the sub b/c i cant tell? Does anyone else take adderall with sub? All i told the doc was i had no energy and felt like not doing anything, could not work and now BOOM, Im doing everything this is good right? Please help its a little scetchy to me....

Post subject: adderall and subs
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:19 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Yes you will get use to them pretty quickly. Dont use more than your suppose to. I use to be on them and after a couple days you get use to them and they make you feel like crap.

Post subject: ;
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:35 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Im on ritalin and have been for yrs however I dont think mine is working really anymore. I have noticed that when I take my sub after my ritalin, the subs seem to be more potent. I was trying to taper off and this helped. Probly not the right way to do it. After a few days your body will be adjusted to adderall. Ive read that a lot of add people who are diagnosed later in life ended up using opiates as a means of self medicating-once they get on the stimulants, it really helps. I wud personally prefer opiates over stimulates any day.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:54 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Yea i seem to be adjusting to the adderall but it does make me feel like crap some days so im cutting back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:19 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I have been on Adderall for 6 years and used to take sub for 1. 40mg a day is a pretty massive initial dose, I only take 25mg XR (extended release). But everyone has different sensitivity to it. Are you taking the extended release version? I don't want to discourage your sub use but on a side note Adderall has helped me through countless cold turkey work days not only by increasing energy and focus but also temporarily relieved some other symptoms (sneezing, chills, aches). It's good you lowered your Adderall dose especially if your taking it for the long haul. You will still need to adjust to the speedy effects and the come down depression and anxiety. After I adjusted my life changed for the better in a HUGE way. I was prescribed for real ADD before I got hooked on smack. For me it mostly helps with work and the little help with wd's is just a plus.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:25 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks for the post.. I seem to be adjusting to the effects of adderall. Some days i dont take as much and some days i take it right and when i do i get shit done. I was on ritialln as a kid then grew up got on herion and when i got clean the add symptoms started. I thought i outgrew it but i was self medicating with dope so i never new. Im on the reguler 20mg tabbs not the xr's but damn i never sleep unless i take trazidone. Since im new to adderall two 20mgs a day is that two much? You thank i should ask my doc. to cut it down? I do love the energy when i need it but the speedy thing is a new feeling im not use to. The good side is i lost 50 pounds of that methadone weight... lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:37 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

just curious just lucky what was the reason you were prescribed adderal ? what were the symptoms you experianced to make it needed to be presccribed adderal. I sometimes feel like i need more focus like i will really try hard to focus on what is at hand and well im wondering if i need help in that area. and if adderal is what i need or not . any input will be appreciated ty