It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: better late then never
PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 1:17 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Found this forum recently. Would have been helpful if I had searched around sooner, but I am pretty self-contained and don't seek out help much. I was a heroin user on and off for 15 years. Found a Suboxone program where I live (which was difficult as I am in Canada). Stayed on Suboxone for roughly 2 years and have recently made the decision to stop. Am now on day 7 with no little stop signs going into my mouth. This forum has been a huge source of information and inspiration. And is a great help to me at the moment. For the first time in my life I am craving a healthy head and heart. And am willing to put in the work, rather than taking the easy road. In the end, for me, the drone of opiate use became some sort of hollow wasteland. I am looking for something better in this world.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 10:59 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hello lack of armour :)

I'm wishing you a speedy and comfortable recovery. It's possible, it just takes time. Not an over night project! If this is what you feel is right for you, then more power to you. I know very well, how tough this can be. You're courage and stubbornness will take you far.

I too am a self help person. I want to figure it out, on my own and in my own time. However, when I finally opened up to some about what I was going through, it actually made my wd process better. Easier. I hope all the best for you.

Jen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 9:19 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Lack of Armor said, "but I am pretty self-contained and don't seek out help much."

Jennicole525 said, "I too am a self help person. I want to figure it out, on my own and in my own time."

I'm the same way and I noticed that we all 3 have something in common.....we're all Canadian!! We Canadians are Kick Ass!!! :D

I like how Jennicole said that opening up about what she was going through made her wd easier, same went for me. Being stubborn and determined will only take you so far. At some point during our recovery, we usually realize we need help from others to really make it.

Best of luck to both of you!!

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 9:56 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Self help?
Helping yourself?

Since when do we make such great decisions for ourselves all of a sudden..

Pretty arrogant in my opinion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 10:41 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Definitely agree on opening up. I have no regrets or embarrassment about my past drug use. It is a part of me. No shyness about talking that through. The whole point to me stopping suboxone was to reintegrate into my community of friends again. I have always been reclusive by nature, but never isolated. And suboxone really took a toll on my ability to deal with social scenes. So yes! Communication and talking with people are on the horizon. I just don't want to dwell on endless laments about my recovery and past drug use with people. It is a common thing to do, and can be tedious sometimes. Trying to focus my energies more on things a little less dark these days. And i have been known to swim in the darkness.