It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:52 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hello all, I had a question , my sub doctor told me that when you take a whole strip you pretty much waste half of it , I take the 8/2 twice a day. Anyways he said that by cutting the strip in half, letting it fully dissolve and wait fifteen minutes before applying the other half. It seems to make perfect sense and I have noticed a difference by doing so. Has anyone else heard this ? I see a lot of different ways people on here attempt to get the most out of their medicine but this way in my opinion seems the best.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:29 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Yes,

I would even go further and say to half your dose and try it the same way. you will probably not feel any difference the way you are doing it. Which is getting a lot out of your meds then taking it all at once.

I was able to half my dose and let it sit there for about the same length of time and wait til the afternoon to do the other half. Some days I would forget to even do the other half because I didn't need it or I would forget.

Hopefully this will work for you and you can save some of your strips for emergency.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:58 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I agree, I get quite a large supply of sub from my doctor and I can take just a half of a half and it seems to do and last just as long as taking a full strip. At first I thought I needed to take the max amount every day, I honestly can't tell the difference from taking 4mg and 24, I love this drug , the feeling of waking up and not ever having to hunt for handfulls of pills is truly a miracle. I do admit I miss the feeling of handfulls of pills at times. I wouldn't trade the freedom to go back to that and I never have to. The only thing that I dislike about suboxone treatment is its made me not care about a lot of things , I used to go out , have a girlfriend etc. I literally have no sex drive or care to pursue a relationship. It seems the only thing I enjoy is being alone and playing video games....maybe its just me but I truly miss the ooomph to do social things . ...

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:26 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hello. I am new here, I get two 8/2 strip a day and it is expensive as hell, I am not looking to get high, I just want to make sire I am getting my moneys worth. Thanks for the info on only taking a half at a time, 4 timed a day rather than the whole strip twice. I will try it, I have been on suboxone now for about 7 months. I am so glad I don't have to worry every morning where or how I am going to get a fix, my head is clear enough to actually live. Not always thinking about dope or pills, and not having to suffer from withdrawals. This is the first time in my life for about 15 years I am not fiending. I an 33 now, have a beautiful little girl whos mom abandoned her to go shoot speed. She needs me, and thanks to suboxone I can be there for her. I would love to hear more input on the most effective way to use my strips. They are so expensive, and I don't want to snort or shoot anything anymore. I have to grow up. No more shit that can land me in jail. Thanks again for the info& please do let me know any more helpful info on getting the most out of my subs. Much love, much respect.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:40 pm 

Welcome to the forum MONCOE,

Why don't you introduce yourself and tell your story in the "Introduction" section? Not that it really matters concerning you wanting to get the most effect out of your medication.

We have many posts here regarding this subject. Some say painting the mouth with the saliva of the dissolved strip works well. What you need to know is that your body does not fully absorb the entire 8 mg's of the film. But that was taken into account when they designed the pills and films.

At 7 months in, I'm surprised you want to get more out of the Suboxone and not less. IMO, that still sounds a bit like addict thinking. But hey, you're not using and if you really feel you need more absorption then go for it. It all depends on what you were using at the time of induction. Eventually, you will feel like the dose is too high and you'll end up tapering down like most of us did. It is a very strong medication.

Rule

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:49 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Seems extremely inefficient for the patient....and of course mighty profitable for the maker of Subs.
I'm paying a whopping 325 bucks a month copay....while my insurance picks up the other half. Of course I'm grateful for the latter. And I can't forget how expensive my habit had gotten.

But if I understand this properly, I'm essentially wasting up to 2/3 of my daily dose...that's a couple hundred bucks for me currently. Fortunately some of this is under my control in that I believe I can get down to 8 mg's without too much difficulty.

Another annoyance is the addition of naloxone which as far as I can tell doesn't really serve a meaningful
function. Subutex...straight bupe....can be purchased as a generic, no?

All that said, I'm in a far, far better position than I was just a few weeks ago. And I can afford the copay. Many recovering addicts can't. If congress really wants to help maybe they could put some pressure on the company....I think it's Indivior...to do something about the high price.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:10 pm 

Hello Godfrey,
There is a discount card from the makers of Suboxone film to help with your co pays.
Go to there web site and find it. You may link it to your phone. Discount total depends on how many films you are RX d.
Saves me well over 100 dollars a month. Didn't know if you were awhere...check it out!!
And Subutex, well i.d like to have too to save money but the misunderstanding s of nalox carries another stigma .

Raz..

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:26 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

razor55 wrote:
Hello Godfrey,
There is a discount card from the makers of Suboxone film to help with your co pays.
Go to there web site and find it. You may link it to your phone. Discount total depends on how many films you are RX d.
Saves me well over 100 dollars a month. Didn't know if you were awhere...check it out!!
And Subutex, well i.d like to have too to save money but the misunderstanding s of nalox carries another stigma .

Raz..

Excellent razor!
I had no clue.
Greatly appreciate..

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:18 pm 

If ur taking the strips, the coupons are awesome. The coupons are the only break financially I get. It ends up saving me a good hundred or so each month. Go to their website as razor suggested, definitely worth it ☆☆

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:18 pm 

Moncoe,

Are you telling us that you are currently shooting up or snorting your suboxone?

Amy