It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Best time of the day
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 3:14 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey everyone.

I'm currently taking 1.5 mg a day and have been stable for a while. I want to drop again but the catch is I dose three times per day (.5@ 3x/ day). As I taper off subs, taking one daily dose is inevitable before I jump. I'm just nervous how to get there. Should I gradually stop dosing in the morning, afternoon, or night? Or should I lower my total daily intake and keep dosing 3x/ day?

Thanks so much for your help. This site truly is a blessing.

Post subject: Re: Best time of the day
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 4:03 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Hi keepon,

First of all, congrats at being at 1.5 mgs/day! That is great.

I started out as a 3 times daily doser, went to two times daily and am now at one time (6:30 a.m).
For me, I decided it was better to get to once daily dosing as part of my taper process and here's why...I actually would look forward to those multiple doses in the day as they gave me a "pick up" of energy. To break the pattern of the reward system in the brain that is part of our addiction behaviour, I wanted to get to one time daily dosing. I was able to get there when I got to 4 mgs. It was a little disconcerting for about a week to 10 days but after that, I really did forget about those other doses.

Tapering is such a personal thing...what works for some of us does not work for others. You can try it but know that it might take a week or two to feel comfortable with it. Let us know how it goes for you and good luck!

1.1.15 - 8 mg/day
1.24.15 - 6 mgs/day
3.6.15 - 4 mg/day
3.22.15 - 3 mg/day
5.3.15- 2 mg/day
5.17.15 - 1.5 mg/day
5.29.15 - 1 mg/day
6.16.15 - .8 mg/day
12.18.15 - 4 mg
12.28.15 - 2 mg
1.10.16 - 1.5 mg
1.21.16 - 1 mg

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:03 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I never did taper, so take my advice with a grain of salt.

From the people I've seen on the forum who did taper, cutting a dose during the daytime is usually best. During the day, you can occupy your mind easier than during the night and keeping your mind occupied helps so much in minimizing wd symptoms.

If I were you, I'd cut out my afternoon dose, but I wouldn't lower my total daily intake from 1.5mg to 1mg. I think that's a bit too big a drop. Maybe do .75mg morning and .5mg evening?

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:12 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

KeepOnKeepinOn wrote:
Hey everyone.

I'm currently taking 1.5 mg a day and have been stable for a while. I want to drop again but the catch is I dose three times per day (.5@ 3x/ day). As I taper off subs, taking one daily dose is inevitable before I jump. I'm just nervous how to get there. Should I gradually stop dosing in the morning, afternoon, or night? Or should I lower my total daily intake and keep dosing 3x/ day?

Thanks so much for your help. This site truly is a blessing.

Hi KeepOn,
I am tapering, and was also taking 3 doses a day for a long time. I had success at splitting into 3 doses until I got down to .5mgs (where I am now), and then started splitting into 2 X .25mgs, about 10-12 hours apart. I do one at about 8am, and one at about 8pm because that seems to work best for me. Going from my "regular" 3 doses down to 2 was kind of scary for me, but looking back, the worst part was the fear of the unknown. It did take me a few ups and downs before I stabilized at .5mg, now I am contemplating another drop. We're all different, and I've read where some keep splitting into 3 doses until they can't split anymore. Find what works best for you. What dose are you thinking of jumping from? Do you have a "jump date"?
Keep posting!
rca

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:22 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I was advised by my drug worker to take one dose as late in the day as possible before I jumped. I dosed 3 times a day for about 10 years. When I got down to once a day I tried to take it a bit later each day. It was very difficult but I managed to go until 5pm ish before I took a sub. I think this helps mentally for the forthcoming jump!! Good luck.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:06 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I'm a new member who is tapering of bupe after 8 years of maintainance.. bear in mind that eng. is not my 1st language so sorry about any mistakes..just wanted to share my story and looking for some support and feel not so alone in all this..

last month finally decided to start tapering (got my doc to get me on 2mg tablets of bupe.. not suboxone or subutex )..
I'am at 2 mg per day at the moment but find it quite difficult to take only 2 doses per day..I usually divided my doses into 3 and its become an issue..
When I do take 2 doses daily per 1mg i tend to wake up at around 4 at night with heart beating faster and no chance to continue sleeping, as if I missed a dose for the day and it makes me feel guilty as hell bcs it's the same dose that I'm taking yet a lot harder psychologically and physicaly to do.. I feel guilty bcs it feels like cheating myself and everyone talks about how important it is to get your dosing to once per day ..to me it actually seems it would be easier to go to 1,5 mg daily (in 3 doses) than 2mg (in 2 doses daily)..looks like this is the harder part to get to only 2 doses daily..
.. anyway I am really driven to succeed this time so please share your advice and help..thank you