It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:17 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I've been on suboxone for 3 years and I started to have trouble taking the correct dose. I started abusing my suboxone so I decided to give them to someone I trust to give them out to me. I take 2 8/mg sleeves per day and my doc told me I can take them however I want so I was taking 1 in the morning and 1 at night. When I started to abuse them I would take whenever I wanted throughout the day. When I started taking them correctly again I started taking again in the morning and at night but it felt like I didn't have enough medicine in me and I just thought this was due to me abusing them. So I started taking them at a weird time I am taking 2 at 7pm and I stay up a little longer but in the morning I feel great and don't feel like I need any more until 7pm at night. I don't know if this isn't good to take it this way but it's working. Just wanted to know how or what times others are taking their suboxone and what's working and what's not.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:29 am 

I also take my dose in the evening. Usually it's anywhere from 4pm to 6pm. It works for me and always has!

Amy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:34 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks for the reply

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:39 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I too take mine in the afternoon between 5:00 and 7:00 pm. Just once a day. Works fine for me.
Susie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:05 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Farcus,

Just another input to your question....

I was told in the very beginning to take my sub in the morning for a specific reason. My doctor said taking it in the morning would provide me with the drug for my entire "waking" hours. He said if I took it at night I wouldn't need it necessarily while I was sleeping. That was his suggestion and I always did it that way. It always worked great for me taking it like that.

Now I split my dose and take the morning dose about 6-7 am, and the afternoon dose around 3-4 pm and that also works fine.

I think you find a time that works BEST FOR YOU and you stick with it! All of us are different and my way may not work for you and vice versa. Take care.

Karen xoxo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:15 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I say if it ain't broke, don't fix it!

I have done it differently, adjusting according to what dose I'm on. When I was on the doses above the ceiling I usually took it sometime after lunch. It would give me the most benefit in the evening when I would naturally have more cravings and need a little boost to get through the rest of the day, and still cover me for in the morning.

When I got down lower I switched to taking it in the morning around 9am. Then started split dosing when I got to the point that my dose wasn't holding me all day. Now that I'm back up to 1mg, I'm taking it in the morning again...considering switching back to split dosing so that when I get up in the morning I don't have those achy, crappy feelings. I absolutely HATE waking up feeling bad.

It sounds like you have found what works best for you...good work on getting your use back under control. That's a tough habit to break.

Keep it up dude!

Q

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:08 pm 

My Dr. said almost the same thing as Brown Eyed Girls did. 10 AM, one dose per day. I stayed with that until I got sick. Now I split it. Things change as time goes on.

We have heard complaints from new members that took their dose in the evening and found out they couldn't fall asleep. Very vivid dreaming just like a large dose of any opiate would do. Our suggestion has always been to take it in the AM and that seems to work most of the time.

r62