It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:38 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

This might be moreso for the guys here.

Sex is kinda shitty shortly after I take my dose. I can feel a bit numb and lose interest. However the next morning, close to 24 hours after my dose, it's back to normal and sex is great again. It's turned me into a morning guy.

Anyone else experienced something like this? Or is it just my weird metabolism?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:51 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hey TeeJay - You've already figured it out man... you're a morning guy now. There's nothing wrong with that. In fact, it could be just what the doctor ordered if you're used to sex at night, mostly in the dark. First thing in the morning gives you an excellent opportunity to change things up a bit and be romantic. You can set the mood for the whole day.

Maybe start out by giving her a lengthy massage. Massages are great because they can be playful and erotic. If you're having problems "getting started", giving her a massage will help you get into the right mindset because you can easily pay close attention to what pleases her.

That in turn will help you "start the car". Know what I mean? Make an occasion out of it to cover up any nervous energy you might have pent up. Spread some flower petals all over the sheets, bring in some strawberries with chocolate syrup, go over the top on purpose to show her you don't take yourself too seriously.

You'd be surprised how quickly something slightly goofy could turn hot and heavy. Make it fun. Take care of her emotionally and physically, let her know what she means to you. I think any guy that goes through that kind of effort will most likely be rewarded. Just try to relax and not think about what the subs are doing. Enjoy your time together.

And be thankful... I haven't had a girlfriend in years. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:08 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thanks for the input!

It's just weird that these effects are most noticeable just after I dose but disappear as the day goes on. Similar stuff happened with heroin. I'd be so numb after a shot I'd eventually lose interest in any sexual activity because of an inability to finish off. Women on the other hand seem different in that they had no problem after a dose of opioids to get themselves over the line.

I've started avoiding sex in the hours after I dose and instead I wait until the late evening or early morning. Really compared to the devastating effect of addiction on one's life, it's a tiny price to pay.

Opioids are a strange thing. I'm looking forward to the day I no longer have to take them, though it's likely a couple of years away yet.

I love awkward topics!!!

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:06 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I know this can be a difficult topic to discuss, but it's an important one. Physical intimacy is a vital component of a healthy, vibrant and fulfilling relationship. As men we experience a lot of pressure to perform at a certain level. There's pressure from society and marketing and there's pressure from our own egos. Then you add an opiate to the mix. They can dull the senses and redirect our attention to the high we may feel in our brains. So of course that will lead to problems in performance.

For a long time early in my addiction, I was obsessed with wanting to experience sex while high on opiates. I thought surely that had to be the ultimate pleasure that could be experienced by human beings. I found out that it's not always the case. I found out that I was merely chasing after a high that I thought existed, when in fact the ultimate high is found when you deeply love someone on an emotional level, and that person loves you back. I miss that feeling.

Opiates make us relax, they're the best at it, much better than alcohol in my opinion. Since I've started buprenorphine therapy I've thought about sex less and romance more. I think part of it is just my personality. I'm more of a romantic than many of my friends. But there is something about these kinds of drugs including subs that takes away some of the desire to be carnal. You hear about people not wanting to drink as much if at all while on subs. I think it's kind of like that for sex too.

So other than maybe checking our testosterone levels and maybe supplementing some T, I think communication is key, especially for younger guys where frequency and duration is more of an issue of importance. You should be able to discuss how you feel physically with your partner. If you can't then you have more to be worried about. Often times performance issues can be due to stress and even depression. I think it's rarely only because of a medicine. Well, I take that back, I had some problems while on certain antidepressants and that was when I was younger and felt like a raging stallion.

I just want to point out that sometimes for me, a low libido was due to an unfulfilled desire for a closer connection and a lack of emotional intimacy. That's really important to me. I have some abandonment issues from younger in life so I know that getting my emotional needs met is just as important as any physical ones. I think this is one of the reasons why I was never able to have a "one night stand". The opportunity only presented itself a couple of times, but in each of those occasions I passed. As much as I wanted to score, I knew I'd feel empty the next day and I hate that feeling.

TeeJay you're younger than I am right? I'm 42 right now. How is your relationship besides sex? Low sex drive can occur when you're having relationship problems. Arguing, hurt feelings or unresolved grudges can kill even the healthiest of drives. Even stress from work or watching too much bad news on television can have an effect. I would suggest that you do what you can to relax your mind. Make sure that you're not having screaming matches with your mate. And work out any differences before going to sleep at night. That can have an effect on your ability in the morning. And of course, if you're having enough low mojo to cause relationship issues, see your doctor. You already know that but I'm just being thorough.

- OM

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:52 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I have a philosophical qualm with the idea of supplementing T to treat a problem that's caused by a medication in the first place. Better to just stop putting the thing in the body that causes the problem in the first place, IMO.

I'm not really in a relationship at the moment, but I am seeing someone and it's early days. Dunno exactly what's going on or where it's going, I'm just going with it. I've just noticed my sexual appetite, while on Suboxone and dosing once a day, is far more in the mornings than in the evenings. Which isn't a bad thing. It's a good way to start the day.

I'm not investing too much in this woman I'm seeing though. She is way more "established" in life than I, has a PhD and a TV career. I'm definitely out of my weight division this time. So I'm just enjoying it as I go.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:57 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

For us males, the explanation of being a morning sex champ is simple. Testosterone levels, bupe or no, are always highest in the mornings.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:18 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

TeeJay wrote:
I have a philosophical qualm with the idea of supplementing T to treat a problem that's caused by a medication in the first place. Better to just stop putting the thing in the body that causes the problem in the first place, IMO.

Normally I would completely agree. If you're taking something that causes a side effect that truly affects your quality of life then I would say stop taking it. My only issue is that if it turns out that subs are causing low T and negatively affecting my libido, I'm just not in a position to quit yet. For me, this would be one of the very rare circumstances in which I would use another medicine to treat the side effect of another. Bupe is that important to me right now.

I occasionally check out some other forums just to see what they recommend and most have been saying get a T shot and forget about it. It's obvious that works for some people. I'm just not there myself yet. I'm still single so my low libido is only affecting me right now. Of course, maybe I'm single BECAUSE of my low libido... never really thought about that one, oops. :shock: